What's the ((best)) detangler??

TwistNMx

Hello all.
I've just wondering if anyone knows of a great detangler for natural kinky hair. My hair has kinks and waves (un-straightened) and the mixture is sometimes frustrating. I tend to lose more hair this way.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
HP

jtotheb

I've been using The Detangler by Paul Mitchel--but not the real one--the knock off they sell at Sally's. It melts away my tangles.

AsTheCurlzTurns

I have a TWA so haven't had the need to detangle my hair just yet, but still use this for the softness it leaves my hair in. But I have detangled my oldest daughter's hair using the product below:
Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangling Moisturizing Hair Lotion

TwistNMx

Thanks for the replies AsTheCurlzTurns, jtotheb, and DenverGirl.
I'll definitely keep it under my hat. :yep:

Kurlee

I have a TWA so haven't had the need to detangle my hair just yet, but still use this for the softness it leaves my hair in. But I have detangled my oldest daughter's hair using the product below:

This stuff is the truth and the new formula has olive oil:yep:. Also, try kinky curly knot today or elucence moisturizing conditioner

Chameleonchick

This stuff smells so good, but I have the one with olive oil in it too.

MrJohnsonsRib

I finally picked up some Kinky Curly Curling Custard and Knot Today and well the Knot Today seemed to give me some nice slip now that I think about it. I got a TWA and I used like a nickel sized of that stuff on my wet hair and it felt like the KT just started dispersing itself. i almost felt like it was running versus me feeling likei have to massage it into the areas and reapply another squirt to sections it didn't reach. As fot the KCCC I was so scared ot use too much on too dry hair I literally applied it to my hair while dripping wet and because results were taking too long I just threw on my wig and KIM...I will try it when I have time to modify how much I use. I was being really stingy with it. Lol. I'm a 4 type if that helps.

Chocolate Girl

I've always used Mane n' Tail Detangler, but I had I ran out of it, last week it was wash day for my two girls I need something right away. I looked in my stash, I found some Fantasia IC Leave-In Moisturizer Hair and Scalp treatment (its liquid) let me tell you how the knots just disappeared within seconds it was so easy to comb thru they're 3b(fine) & 4b(coarse) hair, wow! it was amazing!! Its defenitly a keeper, its wonderful as a detangler.

adw425

I found something new and became very excited about it, so this thread is very timely. It is called EO French Lavender Detangler Spray and it is as good as Ojon revitalizing mist and I love ORM although I only buy it every three years -- too expensive...

I have used it two nights in a row and oh la la is all I can say as I like my detanglers to also be great moisturizers... It cost between $5.50 and $7.50 depending on the vendor.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Vegetable Glycerin, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Quinoa Protein, Organic Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) Oil, Organic Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Avocado (Persea Americana) Oil, Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil, Organic Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) Oil, Organic Shea Butter, Hibiscus (Rosa Sinensis) Extract, Gotu Kola (Centella Asiatica) Extract, Hair Nourishing Complex [Papaya Fruit Extract, Evening Primrose (Oenothera Biennis) Flower Extract, Alfalfa (Medicago Sativa) Extract, Pomegranate (Punica Granatum) Extract], Organic Mushroom Extract Complex [Organic Lentinula Edodes Extract, Organic Ganoderma Lucidum Extract, Organic Cordyceps Sinensis Extract, Organic Pholiota Nameko Extract], Quillaja Saponaria Molina Extract, EO® Essential Oil Blend [Lavender (Lavandula Officinalis) Essential Oil, Lavandin (Lavandula Hybrida) Essential Oil], Organic Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Don't know what the best one is but I have been using mane and tail. Works well.

charmtreese

I found something new and became very excited about it, so this thread is very timely. It is called EO French Lavender Detangler Spray and it is as good as Ojon revitalizing mist and I love ORM although I only buy it every three years -- too expensive...

I have used it two nights in a row and oh la la is all I can say as I like my detanglers to also be great moisturizers... It cost between $5.50 and $7.50 depending on the vendor.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Vegetable Glycerin, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Quinoa Protein, Organic Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) Oil, Organic Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Avocado (Persea Americana) Oil, Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil, Organic Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) Oil, Organic Shea Butter, Hibiscus (Rosa Sinensis) Extract, Gotu Kola (Centella Asiatica) Extract, Hair Nourishing Complex [Papaya Fruit Extract, Evening Primrose (Oenothera Biennis) Flower Extract, Alfalfa (Medicago Sativa) Extract, Pomegranate (Punica Granatum) Extract], Organic Mushroom Extract Complex [Organic Lentinula Edodes Extract, Organic Ganoderma Lucidum Extract, Organic Cordyceps Sinensis Extract, Organic Pholiota Nameko Extract], Quillaja Saponaria Molina Extract, EO® Essential Oil Blend [Lavender (Lavandula Officinalis) Essential Oil, Lavandin (Lavandula Hybrida) Essential Oil], Organic Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin

Ooooh, tell me more...where do you get this from! Im currently using Ojon revitalizing mist as a spray moisturizer, but I would love to try something that's easier on the pockets! :yep:

tricie

Knowing that I'll be coming out of these braids soon is making the pj in my raise up and want to try some Mane & Tail and that EO detangler! I can go to Sally's for the M&T, but really, who needs an excuse to go to Whole Foods??!! :grin:

EleganceUnleashed

EVOO!!!

I let it sit in my hair for about an hr. before I shower. Once in the shower the comb gliiiiides through my hair effortlessly. I comb it out directly underneath the shower with water aiding the EVOO.

Like Butta!:yep:

My #2, Def. Mane & Tail Detangler...haven't tried Knot Today yet.

adw425

My intent was to switch up daily the EO and Ojon, so last night I was supposed to use the Ojon, but the EO was calling and....

Ooooh, tell me more...where do you get this from! Im currently using Ojon revitalizing mist as a spray moisturizer, but I would love to try something that's easier on the pockets! :yep:

charmtreese

I am sooo mad...my local whole foods does not have the eo detangler, It appears that they have every other eo product but that. :wallbash: I also checked a health food store not far from my house that carries eo products, and they didn't have the detangler either!:wallbash::wallbash:

davisbr88

I LOOOOOOVE Donna Marie Miracurl Conditioner & Detangler!!! It's the best for me. I'm not fully natural, but I do have 4.5" of new growth and it works wonderfully for me.