Problems with Dr. Miracle's Gro Oil?

lalabanks

How do you all feel about Dr. Miracle's Gro Oil. I bought it the other day and started using it. I can say that I did feel the tingling feeling, however I didn't like the mediciny smell that came with it. But when I shampooed and conditioned my hair with the same products I had used I noticed that my new growth looked dryer than usual, and I also had flakes/dandruff which I hadn't had before I started using this oil. I think I'm going stop using it.

Any comments on your experiences with Dr. Miracles?

L

LaNecia

I bought the Temple and Nape Balm last weekend and have been using that twice daily. I also purchased the Miracle Gro which I use only on the hairline when I'm working out (have to tie the edges down w/an oil applied or I have little coils around the face when I get back to work :( ). They both have a very mediciny scent. So far I've not have any adverse efftects from it (dryness or anything else). But I do also follow that w/the Mane N Tail Braid Spray for additional moisture.

lalabanks

LaNecia said:
I bought the Temple and Nape Balm last weekend and have been using that twice daily. I also purchased the Miracle Gro which I use only on the hairline when I'm working out (have to tie the edges down w/an oil applied or I have little coils around the face when I get back to work :( ). They both have a very mediciny scent. So far I've not have any adverse efftects from it (dryness or anything else). But I do also follow that w/the Mane N Tail Braid Spray for additional moisture.

Thanks LaNecia. Maybe i'll try to use it again with additional products to increase moisture. It's not like Dr. Miracle's is cheap either. I used to use a generic type oil that was used for hair and body, I just ran out and thought I would try something different.

L

LaNecia

Because I use Surge around my problem areas (hairline and nape) in conjunction with the Dr. Miracles, I DEFINITELY make sure that I use a LOT of moisture. So far, I'm very pleased w/the combo.

Hope the suggestion helps! It's not cheap at all, hoping it's worth the money!

blue_flower

I haven't had any problems with it. The Gro Oil, Temple Balm, and Deep Conditioner all smell like Noxzema.

fletgee

I purchased the Temple and Nape product. I have applied it about 6 times so far-- and nothing. I feel nothing. I want a tingle! For what I paid I want a *(^%$%$ tingle!!!

Oh, well.

BAILEYSCREAM

Well I've never tried it, but I've found myself looking ast it twice now in the store. I too would like to know what experience other members have had with it and their other products. I really can't remember it smelling bad though, well, not like WGO.

Last edited:

Bklynqueen

I've used the temple balm and the oil with no problems and it definately worked for me. I don't mind the smell too much, but I also don't put the Miracle gro in my hair everyday, maybe 2-3 times per week. Try that and see what happens..

blue_flower

fletgee said:
I purchased the Temple and Nape product. I have applied it about 6 times so far-- and nothing. I feel nothing. I want a tingle! For what I paid I want a *(^%$%$ tingle!!!

Oh, well.

The temple balm works for me and I like it better than Surge. I have a permanent dent at the front of my hair line and now it's growing fuzzy hairs. I got my Dr. Miracles for free because I had sent in a coupon I had found in Sophisticate's Black Hair magazine.

lshevonne

I've tried it and had the same problems. (Flakes and Dry Hair)
Since I got it from Sallys I was able to take it back.

aqualung

I bought 2 bottles of the Gro Oil from Sally's in November but never used it. (I'm at a lazy place regarding my hair.)

Now you all are making me afraid to use it! My new growth can be hard and dry all by itself.

lalabanks

megonw said:
I bought 2 bottles of the Gro Oil from Sally's in November but never used it. (I'm at a lazy place regarding my hair.)

Now you all are making me afraid to use it! My new growth can be hard and dry all by itself.

Well I would try it for yourself. Some of the ladies on this board said they didn't have any problems. I may give it a second try.

oglorious1

Mixologist
You can get the tingling effect with some Biotin Creme(mix it with some creme or grease to stretch it) or some plain ole peppermint oil, you can spike any hair product with it...Dr. Miracle, uhhh Dr. NOT...

LABETT

I tried the Gro Oil once and it made my scalp feel great no flakes or dryness.
I dont like the grease though it too hard to wash out of my hair.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I have 2 Dr. Miracle's products, the Strengthening formula and the Temple/Nape Balm. I agree that they are not for moisture but I have had good results. Perhaps adding a moisturizing hairdress along with it will improve it's popularity. I like it because it poofs up my thin strands and makes my hair look thicker. I don't mind the smell either because I am not heavy handed with it.