Review of Fubu.Hair products

Laginappe

Ok, I cracked…the product junkie in me took over last weekend at Target and I made my sister buy 4 of the Fubu.Hair products. We got the Silk Protein Shampoo, the Intensive Protein Conditioner, the Intensive Leave-In Moisturizer, and the Hair & Scalp Oil Spray.

Overall we were not really impressed with the shampoo or the oil spray. I think the Elasta QP shampoos are still my favorite, but the Fubu is just ok. The oil spray has some good ingredients: Jojoba, Wheat Germ, Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein – but it also has Mineral Oil, which I know some of us here don’t like. I haven’t figured out if my hair likes it or not.

My sister and I did like the Intensive Protein Conditioner. The thing that struck me is when I sniffed the bottle in Target, I got an “Apoghee-esque” aroma. Very slight, but I’m kind of certain that the two products share some ingredients. The conditioner has Hydrolyzed Collagen, Mineral Oil, Silk Protein, Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein, Wheat Germ, Jojoba, Panthenol – (that’s just some of the ingredients, the ones that caught my eye.)

The Intensive Leave-In Moisturizer is probably my favorite of the four products we bought. It’s a thick heavy leave-in, it looks and feels more like something you’d rinse out, but it’s meant as a leave-in. It’s also got Mineral Oil, Hydrolyzed Animal Protein, Wheat Germ, Vitamin E, Jojoba and Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein. The thing I noticed about this product is that after applying it to my sister’s hair, my hands felt very soft and moisturized. Not sure if this means anything or not, but I thought it was a good sign (???)

So that’s my review. Of the four, I’ll probably only buy the 2 conditioners again. The shampoo and oil spray didn’t wow me enough.

Oh and they were about $4 each at Target.

naomi

good skin and hair
I tried the shampoo too, and I hate it. My hair felt so coated and dirty using the shampoo. I wouldn't advise anybody to try it.