APL 2012 Challenge

kupenda

pookaloo83

I feel like I have the "W" Going on. My sides to me seem longer than the middle. (If you were Looking at the back of my head)

Aggie

I used Chicoro's moisture-drenched prepoo today:lick::love:. I Clarifyed with Avalon Organics Rosemary, Mint and Tea Tree Shampoo then I washed and deep conditioned my hair today using Moroccanoil products. My hair feels awesome right now, and by awesome, I mean soft, silky and strong. You can't get any better than that.

Evolving78

I feel like I have the "W" Going on. My sides to me seem longer than the middle. (If you were Looking at the back of my head)

my hair grows like that. my nape's hairline is in the shape of a "W". when i wore a fade, i would just keep shape up the natural hair line instead of my barber shaping me straight across. it would grow back so funky if i did it that way.

i like Herbal Essence's Long Term Relationship Leave-in so far. it is very light and smells good.

i am going to start a journal for my hair. so i can keep track of what i am doing and using.

Aggie

@NikkiQ, yes hun I chopped it off almost 2 weeks ago and put the pic up right away:grin:. I needed to cut it again because of the splits and SSKs. In addition, the stylist that cut out my weave, cut big chunks of hair off with the scissor she was using to remove it. I had told her that I thought she was cutting out my hair, she said no.

It was days later when I noticed that she did cut out chunks of my hair on the left side of my head. It was quite disturbing and cutting it was my only option. It encouraged me to take off all the split ends and get it low enough to grow back in with the chunks of hair the stylist cut out.

I will not be going back to her again for ANYTHING hair:nono:!

NaturalfienD

At the moment I'm redoing some of the yarn braids. I need to figure out how I'm gonna moisturize these braids.

pookaloo83 - I use a water based moisturizer with no issue. Blackonyx77 on YT uses carefree curl as a moisturizer ... I don't care for a lot of glycerin so I rely on that Aussie Hair Insurance for daily moisture.

What did you try girlfriend?

Sent from my Devour using Devour

LuvlyRain3

Straightened and trimmed today

Aggie

she cut your hair?!?! Oh HELL no!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

I know right! I'm calm about it because getting upset can't really put my hair back on my head. It is a loss and now I am moving forward as best I can without blowing a mental fuse, although I am very much tempted to.

I am still optimistic about my thick and healthy hair goals and thank God, that much has not been discouraged. Thank you so much for caring hun.

NikkiQ

I know right! I'm calm about it because getting upset can't really put my hair back on my head. It is a loss and now I am moving forward as best I can without blowing a mental fuse, although I am very much tempted to.

I am still optimistic about my thick and healthy hair goals and thank God, that much has not been discouraged. Thank you so much for caring hun.

I've seen the way you take care of your hair so I have not an once of doubt in my mind that you'll bounce back like a champ :yep:

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

Jaysin

i'd like to join also

Hi,
I would like to join as well. I am so eager to grow my hair. Here are my stats:
Current length: just above my shoulders
Texlaxed: phytospecific 1
Goal: APL by December 31
Regime: wash 1-2 times a week, shampoo only scalp, deep condition, air dry and style.
I am searching for ways to use less heat on my hair. Trying curl formers for the first time tonight. If this works out it will be my way to put away the flat iron and dryer.

My profile pic shows my current length. I will try to post it when I figure out how.

Sent from my ADR6400L using ADR6400L

Last edited:

RayRayFurious

I'm joining this. I'm full shoulder length & natural. My goal is to be APL by graduation, May 2012. I want to get my hair flat ironed without having to get any tracks thrown in (never have done it & I still may, who knows!)

I just bought two wigs. I can't wait to rock them. I've been two strand twisting with Cantu Shea butter leave-in & sealing with grapeseed oil. That kept my hair moisturized for a week without having to spritz it or anything.

I wash once a week & DC with a protein conditioner or cholesterol.

I'm having a setback because I think I'm suffering from seborrhoeic dermatitis. My scalp has been dry, itchy, scaly, & just embarrassing. I bought a little sample bottle of head & shoulders to try. If that doesn't work, I'll buy some Selsun Blue & tea tree oil. Hopefully, I can avoid a trip to the dermatologist ($$).

Good luck to you, ladies! I'll check in with pics, soon.

faithVA

It's a long wash day because I waited to late to start and I decided to henna. Washed with lavender mud wash, did a red/dark brown henna for two hours and now DCing with AO Blue Chamomile under a heat cap for 30 minutes.

Still need to rinse, moisturize and at least twist up enough to create some type of style in the morning.

pookaloo83

So last night I added some brown yarn to my twists and the ones that came out short, I redid to match the length of the others. I added 2 brown braids to give it some spunk. Lol

I just font know how I'm gonna moisturize while in these. I'm gonna search the forum. I don't really do extensions and stuff.

sajjy

mixed my own keratin treatment... one part grape seed oil one part hydrolyzed keratin. My hair feels soft to the touch, once I comb my hair this morning we will see if the breakage has decreased.. will post the verdict :)

Last edited:

SavannahNatural

Currently stretching my hair in prep for some mini twists... The straight hair was cool, but I was tired of being concerned about it touching stuff, LOL!

I decided that I would straighten maybe 3-5 times a year instead of not at all. My curl reverted back to just the way it was before so I'm good with that!

I really want that Terressentials Mud Wash, but funds are so tight and I would have to order it. So I'll have to continue to use up my products until I need more. Plus I won't need to poo wash for a while :) (Silver Lining)

kupenda

I feel like a crackhead. I'm feigning for some new hair products!! Sheesh. I need some more Hairveda avosoya mostly. I miss the yummy smell of that stuff. And it made my hair so soft. Ahhhh!!! I wanna give up this no buy thing. It sucks :{

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF :)

Aggie

It's a long wash day because I waited to late to start and I decided to henna. Washed with lavender mud wash, did a red/dark brown henna for two hours and now DCing with AO Blue Chamomile under a heat cap for 30 minutes.

Still need to rinse, moisturize and at least twist up enough to create some type of style in the morning.
Oooh faithVA, please tell me how you like the bolded AOBC conditioner. I have it in my wish list and wanted to hear some reviews on it before purchasing. My hair, like yours is highly textured, so we might get the same results from it.

faithVA

[USER=32545 said:
Aggie[/USER];15120113]Oooh @faithVA, please tell me how you like the bolded AOBC conditioner. I have it in my wish list and wanted to hear some reviews on it before purchasing. My hair, like yours is highly textured, so we might get the same results from it.

Hey Aggie, I actually like the Blue Chamomile. I went to the store to buy the White Camellia and for some reason I had a brain freeze and bought the Blue Chamomile instead :perplexed:. I did not like the AO HSR because its too thick, lays on my hair and doesn't penetrate. The Blue Chamomile is thinner and moisturizes well. I can use it for 20 minutes under a heat cap and have great results. WARNING, it smells somewhat medicated and I can't tell you why. But I'm not a big smell person so it doesn't bother me. And after I rinse and apply a leave-in, I don't smell it.

Comparing it to White Camellia, I like White Camellia as well. White Camellia is thinner and easier to apply, It works as well and as quickly as the Blue Chamomile. And it doesn't smell medicated.

I think the reason I have chosen to go with the White Camellia over the Blue Chamomile, because the White Camellia is thinner, easier to apply to curly textures and I think I can use less of it than the Blue Chamomile. But results wise I think they are comparable.

That's my short answer. :lol: