Are vision boards Demonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

humility1990

I'm leaning towards thinking vision boards may be demonic, because some people tend to make idols out of their desires. I would love to hear your opinions and maybe some scriptures about this please.:grin:

LifeafterLHCF

Just my little 2 pennies I feel as long as ppl aren't worshiping a piece of cardboard with magazine cutouts then it can be used as a reminder of goals one wants to hit.At times we need a visual reminder daily like those who have crosses on their walls as a reminder of our amazing father Jesus Christ did for us to spare our souls..ok I'm sorry just got happy about our daddy.

Now if one is into this law of attraction stuff that looking at magazine cutouts will manifest their dream of that Black Bentley coupe with the pink and green interior and that amazing baby toe length hair then that's where we have any issue.We need to be in constant presence of God in order to keep a balance of the desires and the real purpose of our life.

MamaBear2012

I think that it's important to have a vision. In fact, the Bible says "Where there is no vision, the people perish..." Proverbs 29:18. When DH and I were going through pre-marital counseling, our pastor asked us to create a vision statement for our family, our finances, our careers, etc. He wanted it to be detailed because without that vision, you're just going through life with no purpose. Or you make decisions that aren't in line with where you want to go or what you want to do.

I think that you get off track when you start to focus on that vision thinking that you can do it in your own strength. Or that you can provide for yourself. So, no I don't think vision boards in themselves are bad, as long as you keep them in perspective (as with most things).

BostonMaria

I have a vision board and whatever I'm trying to manifest I back it up with scripture.

For example I wanted to manifest good credit so I put that on my board and I loosed it in heaven and earth by holding on to Deuteronomy 15:1 and the law of debt cancellation (I hope that's the right verse). I want to finish grad school next year so next to a picture of a cap and gown I added proverbs 2:2-11.

The law of attraction isn't something that the world invented. These principles are discussed throughout the bible. You have to have a vision and faith if you want something in your life whether its a house, peace in your household, or to be healed. Jesus said "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mark 11:24 NIV)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
The only way to answer that question is by evaluating the issue with another question: is it about advancing His Kingdom or self?

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
ITA... Our Father supplies all my needs, if I seek His Kingdom and His righteousness first... he takes care of the birds, how much so Man. Had to repeat that to hubby this weekend... :lol:

The only way to answer that question is by evaluating the issue with another question: is it about advancing His Kingdom or self?

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I'm leaning towards thinking vision boards may be demonic, because some people tend to make idols out of their desires. I would love to hear your opinions and maybe some scriptures about this please.:grin:

You've 'sensed' (discerned) the spirit behind this activity.

Word of Caution: 'Manifest'

Purpose and Intent: 'To manifest material items' (fleshly desires).

Soul: "Self" -

Heart: I am manifesting ; So that I can manifest; I want to manifest ....

Where is the heart of a Christian who joins with 'others' who do not have a Godly heritage nor are they in relationship with Jesus?

Vision boards are from the laws of attraction practice, where 'self' is god and self is the manifestor of one's carnal desires. Carnality is all up in the spirit and content of these vision boards and to apply scripture makes it no less carnal.

witches and voo doo priests use vision boards and objects to represent their subject and object they desire to prey upon. Its part of the practice to have a symbol / proxy to accomplish their goal.

It may not be a Chrisitian's intent to practice witchcraft however, when they post a picture with the 'intent' to 'manifest' it into their lives or the life of someone else, it's witchcraft. It's the practice of 'self-will'. They are literally seducing the desired object/item to come to life into their life.

Again, this may not be a Christian's intent, however this is exactly what they are doing. The key words: "manifest" and "I". God is no where in it; especially if Christians have 'joined' themselves in this practice with those who are not Christians, the ungodly.

As I shared earlier, a Christian can apply any and all of the scriptures they want to their boards, however if God were in it, they wouldn't need to post a scripture, let alone post pictures or have a board in the first place.

Those who oppose God already 'know' that they don't need God's presence for a 'vision board' to work, because it is 'self will' and they've been working their self will all along without God...

Genesis 11:6

...and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have IMAGINED TO DO. ...

God has given us a far better Vision which is Him and in Him is all Provision and all Manifestation for every need and desire in our hearts for our lives.

The world has to 'steal' from God, and they do so with 'darkness'; but as His children, we don't. Every desire is His desire to fulfill for us, far better from Him than a counterfeit. As His children, we get to commune with Him, one on one. The world doesn't have this, yet we do. :yep:

What a gift, far beyond a vision board.

Lord, thank you, that our only vision is 'you' and your love for us which will always be far beyond any 'vision' and beyond any measure of any piece of 'board'. Your dreams for us will never perish, nor will your love.

The world doesn't have this, we do.

Selah...

Last edited:

Guitarhero

I think that hard work is the basis of success, as well as ability. Where one is lacking, one should ask Creator. Given that the difference between christians and non-christians is the personal relationship with the Divine Presence amongst us, Jesus, we have a deeper sense that everything in our lives matters, even the small things. We can ask Him everything according to His will. The world doesn't comprehend this and fashions other ways to come to success. There's nothing wrong with positive thinking and good effort, but we know that christians will be ostracized for even the notion that where there is lack, one can ask the Father. I guess when you have that closeness with Him, it's not ridiculous in the least and it certainly doesn't mean G-d is deaf nor incapable. We sometimes do not have because we do not ask. Ask.....HIM. And that goes for everything, including a good spouse. I have stories from people who weren't christians at all but asked G-d to help them...and He did.:yep: I mean, to the letter of what they asked for. The stories are encouraging. And it's not just truly "christian" to put your life into the Father's hands...it goes back long before...back to Genesis. Just make sure that, in the vision, He is the focus. No hocus-pocus.

Last edited:

blackberry815

This is a good thread... I def was about to get a vision board... Now i feel like i have to think on it a bit longer

Sent from my ADR6400L

RoseTintedCheeks

I have a vision board and whatever I'm trying to manifest I back it up with scripture.

For example I wanted to manifest good credit so I put that on my board and I loosed it in heaven and earth by holding on to Deuteronomy 15:1 and the law of debt cancellation (I hope that's the right verse). I want to finish grad school next year so next to a picture of a cap and gown I added proverbs 2:2-11.

The law of attraction isn't something that the world invented. These principles are discussed throughout the bible. You have to have a vision and faith if you want something in your life whether its a house, peace in your household, or to be healed. Jesus said "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mark 11:24 NIV)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Yes Yes Yes!

Shimmie

Staff member
Yes Yes Yes!

:nono::nono::nono:

No, No, No!

Please do not be deceived, for God is not mocked.

I promise you and everyone else that I am belittling anyone who believes in the practice of vision boards and the practice of loa which is the base of it. I speak as one who cares, for satan is out to steal, kill and to destroy and he begins by distracting one's focus from depending upon and looking unto God for the needs / desires of their lives. This mode of witchcraft has gone too far in the lives of too many who call themselves Christians. :nono:

It's time to put an end to it; for it is compromising the faith to which we have been called.

Everyone whom I've noticed who sings the praises of having a vision board and justify Christians who use of the laws of attraction, are using these principles for 'Material' gain, which is not spiritual growth.

When God says to 'Meditate upon His Word both day and night" (Book of Joshua), He is speaking of meditating for spiritual growth not for 'mammon' which is all I see the mis use of God's Word.

No one needs a vision board nor practice loa to grow in the Lord, in His wisdom, in His Godliness, nor in His Holiness.

The only purpose a vision board, participation in loa manifestations serves to to increase one's carnal desires. The vision and loa 'shopping' or 'wish lists' speaks clearly of this. Quite clearly.

I'm not putting anyone down for having desires in their lives for there are indeed material things in this life that have a purpose. But what is motive and the heart behind the desire?

Christians should not be in the company of those who do these practices and practicing with them. For what they are saying is that their faith in God is not only weak, but of no use to them. Why else would they have a vision board or practice loa? Why else, when God says that when we delight ourselves in Him that He will give us the desires of our heart... and to those in a trusting and real relationship with Him this is exactly what one does.

If we are the Light of the World than we are to be the example of what it means to have God on our side who will and does indeed always provide. We do not do what the 'world' does, we do not have to. We have a higher calling and a higher standard and a higher principle and most indeed a higher God whom we serve and we as Christians do not have resort to the world's deceptions which are in truth the world's rejections of God Himself.

Not once have I ever been denied what I've asked God for. Not once. God honours His Word when He says, that His promises to us are Yay and Amen.

God honours His Word when He says, "Every good and precious gift comes from Heaven above."

God honours His Word when He says, "Ask of Me and I WILL show you great and mighty things which you know not."

This false representation that loa are God's principles is just that... a false representation. Those in God should know better. The loa principles, the rules of engagement of loa have a different leader. God is no where in the practice of loa...no where. Christians who are intwined with loa are intwined with witchcraft and gimme gimme spirits.

To those who insist upon defending loa and choose it, than do so, however stop trying to put God in it, for He is not. God does not have partnership in the works of satan. They are not business partners. God's headquarters are of Heaven, satan's are of hell. God is no where present in the acts of loa thereof.

If Christians (who defend loa) were using God's principles than why are they not just asking God one on one, instead of 'sleeping' with the enemy without a condom; opening their souls to loss of immunity from other deceptions ... loa is a satanic ritual disguised otherwise. It is a seducing spirit of those who are not tightly knit with the Spirit of God.

'We' as Christians have to wake up and see what is behind what we are seeking and where it's coming from. Wake.... UP!!! satan has ALWAYS abused the laws of God to deceive the very ones who say they are God's children. As the accuser of the brethren, satan stands before God and points at those he has 'taken in' with his wiles and lies saying....

Hmmppp! I told you she / he was weak. Now they're over here with me bowing to my methods, my rules. They show no faith in asking you as you have instructed them to...they do not trust you, they trust in themselves and me...deceptively."

You do not have to agree with me... not at all. The truth is God is not in this. He is not into 'self', He is not into idolatry, He is not into long distance relationships... nor does He share hearts with other gods.

He IS GOD and there is none other. We are to 'seek' HIM, not satan, but to seek God All Mighty Himself, for it is He who have made us and not we ourselves.

I love this scripture and it is indeed a heart to heart wake up call...

How long will you halt between two opinions? If baal (loa, satan, vision boards) be god.....serve him.

If God be God....

Serve Him

How long will you halt between two opinions?

Who is your Provider? Who died for your soul?

Who do you trust?

No man can have two masters...he will serve one and hate the other.

Who is it?

Shimmie

Staff member
I think that hard work is the basis of success, as well as ability. Where one is lacking, one should ask Creator. Given that the difference between christians and non-christians is the personal relationship with the Divine Presence amongst us, Jesus, we have a deeper sense that everything in our lives matters, even the small things. We can ask Him everything according to His will. The world doesn't comprehend this and fashions other ways to come to success. There's nothing wrong with positive thinking and good effort, but we know that christians will be ostracized for even the notion that where there is lack, one can ask the Father. I guess when you have that closeness with Him, it's not ridiculous in the least and it certainly doesn't mean G-d is deaf nor incapable. We sometimes do not have because we do not ask. Ask.....HIM. And that goes for everything, including a good spouse.

I have stories from people who weren't christians at all but asked G-d to help them...and He did.:yep: I mean, to the letter of what they asked for. The stories are encouraging.

And it's not just truly "christian" to put your life into the Father's hands...it goes back long before...back to Genesis. Just make sure that, in the vision, He is the focus. No hocus-pocus.

God's loving mercy was upon them.... And God does this just to show that His love is not discriminating. He loves all, no matter, God loves all.

Yet, to enter into His Kingdom, in spite of their prayers in need, they must confess the Lord Jesus Christ.

Guitarhero

Thing is, we don't know where it is applied in the spiritual realm. Someone unknowing at all can still go to heaven but that it was paid for in advance by you know who.

Shimmie

Staff member
Thing is, we don't know where it is applied in the spiritual realm. Someone unknowing at all can still go to heaven but that it was paid for in advance by you know who.

As I respond, this is not coming against you in disrespect nor disharmony.

I want to make a strong point to 'Be careful with this' perception, as it can be misleading...it 'implies' that Jesus is not the 'only' path into God's kingdom.

In connection, 'you know who' is a 'dismissal' of God's importance. His Name is Jesus, not you know who.

Shared in love...

Nice & Wavy

There is so much crap being added to this forum on a daily basis....

WHAT YOU COMPROMISE TO KEEP.....YOU LOSE!

I just can't right now.....:nono::nono::nono:

Guitarhero

As I respond, this is not coming against you in disrespect nor disharmony.

I want to make a strong point to 'Be careful with this' perception, as it can be misleading...it 'implies' that Jesus is not the 'only' path into God's kingdom.

In connection, 'you know who' is a 'dismissal' of God's importance. His Name is Jesus, not you know who.

Shared in love...

I understand what you mean..but that is not what I'm pointing to. We speak differing languages. The debt was paid but G-d is always compassionate. None of us deserve it. The life we live knowing Him here on earth is more complete. He still shines on those who do not know Him in this completed faith. We do not know at what point that those who lived according to the righteousness (on their hearts) they knew and abided by will meet Him....at the moment of death or shortly after. We simply do not know. None of us determine heaven or hell, we can only abide in the good He has commanded since the beginning of time. :yep: When He told us to be Jesus to one another, it was to all people, not just christians.:yep: When anyone helps the poor, that person is being Jesus, no matter His religion and He never overlooks it. This is a point that many christians miss about Jesus. We followers to the faith like to draw lines but He opened the temple curtain of the H-ly of H-lies. I fell like this will be ill-received or thought of as it will be misunderstood. But I only say it to demonstrate that no christian can move G-d's hand, it moves of its own accord and we have His instructions. We are to live that faith until the end and rest upon His promise and hope of salvation. We are to share it, not force it. He certainly realizes that not all mankind will hear of Him before they die. Our waiting and hoping while living out the faith as best we can is one way to humble us until the last moment where we receive final grace. But that not all who are in heaven will have lived as christians. We will be absolutely surprised at who goes to heaven. Some we thought should be there will not be and those we just knew who wouldn't go might have a higher place than ourselves.

Last edited:

MariposaSexyGirl

I know I'm never in here :look:, but imo loa and vision board fall under the law of faith. Faith is a law just like gravity is a law. Everyone has access to use this law( from witches to Christians to satanic cults). It can be used for good and for bad. God tells about the law of Faith all through the bible. What matters is how you use this law of faith. Because you will be judged on how you use it when that time comes.

Sent from my Sprint EVO using LHCF app

makeupgirl

I don't believe vision boards are demonic unless you choose to make that the god of your life and idolize it, then at that point it's sin but I wouldn't say demonic (seems really far fetch to call it demonic). To me, a vision board is just a photographic goal sheet or a collage if you will. Other than that, my opinion is muted. If God has placed it on your heart to not have a vision board, then listen to him and don't have one.

RoseTintedCheeks

Shimmie Maybe different people have different ideas of the purposes of this because it's become so popular among non believers. LOA/vision boards, to me, is just the name non-believers give to the power of Faith. The Bible says death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. The act of speaking forward fruition in your life is nothing new regardless of how it's advertised. We need only the faith of a mustard seed to move mountains, and when I am blessed with the breakthrough I have been praying for, I give all of my praise to the Lord.

Having a strong faith as your foundation is crucial because you don't want to forget that God takes us through trials and tribulations. Find the Job in you and praise Him anyway. You can't be sitting around wondering why the "LOA" isn't working like it used to and getting depressed. That's a weak show of faith in HIM.

The world gives up when their LOA/vision boards/luck seems to run out. Christians are supposed to stay strong and remain soldiers for the Word.

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie Maybe different people have different ideas of the purposes of this because it's become so popular among non believers. LOA/vision boards, to me, is just the name non-believers give to the power of Faith. The Bible says death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. The act of speaking forward fruition in your life is nothing new regardless of how it's advertised. We need only the faith of a mustard seed to move mountains, and when I am blessed with the breakthrough I have been praying for, I give all of my praise to the Lord.

Having a strong faith as your foundation is crucial because you don't want to forget that God takes us through trials and tribulations. Find the Job in you and praise Him anyway. You can't be sitting around wondering why the "LOA" isn't working like it used to and getting depressed. That's a weak show of faith in HIM.

The world gives up when their LOA/vision boards/luck seems to run out. Christians are supposed to stay strong and remain soldiers for the Word.

RoseTintedCheeks .. this is not directed at you personally. I want to make this clear.

If one has true 'mustard seed faith' which moves mountains, then why the need to be involved in the practice of loa, vision boards and the like?

How it's 'advertised' or not...the practice of loa has nothing to do with the Word of God for it has taken off in a whole different direction which is far from Him and His Word.

There are laws in the earth, therefore I'm fully aware of 'speaking' things into being and the power behind it which is a power that has been God - given. Everything in this earth is God given, yet there is misuse, sin and abuse of it.

"The Church" is in danger of falling away from God's presence. To be more truthful, God is turning away from many who call themselves Christians.

Why? Because they do not 'need' Him. God's Word has been taken so far out of context -- to the higest degree, all because of 'you can 'speak' things into existance (the power of the tongue (James 1), you can have what you say (Mark 4:22-23), there is much more and I KNOW "ALL" of them, by heart. So many of these scriptures are being abused under the guise of standing on God's Word. When God's Word says 'write the vision', it has nothing to do with a vision board. Nothing.

...yet this scripture has been desecrated, along with many others and there are Christians who are literrally interracting with those in the world as if they have no faith or relationship at all with the Lord. And for a Christian to say they are with the world as a witness to them, who are they kidding? The world and the devil and GOD know exactly why they are there; it is because their faith is in the world and not in God.

One huge danger is that Christians become so engrossed into this pattern of 'manifesting' their speciic desires, that the only reason they go to God's Word is to obtain another Scripture to bring about their item list which is 'abuse' and misuse for 'their' glory and not Gods.

I know all about 'confessing' the word, believe and receive, name it, claim it, stand on the Word..... just who are folks fooling? It's a game and folks who are in it can defend it all they want, it's still a game and God is not fooled by it.

It's is only because He is God and because He will not go back on His Word, that folks have been getting away with this. They have robbed His storehouse of promises and laws which govern the earth, are using His goods for their own desires, without regard to their true meaning.

God is nof fooled by the numerous 'justifications'. The writing is still on the 'wall' of their vision boards and more so upon their hearts.

What ever happen to just sitting before the Lord and just talking to Him? Asking Him what in His plan and what you can ask Him for? All of this 'vision' practice has nothing to do with building a relationship with God, how can anyone do this, they are instead building a list of what they want and envisioning upon it and not upon God is the Keeper and the Creator of the True vision that He has for our lives.

Be careful of what you defend...be careful. Defending loa as a principle of God is still misleading. Too many Christians are taking this as 'validation' and in the process they are straying from God and building their faith upon THEIR personal desires; not God's ... but for what they want for themselves and then say God is in it when He is indeed not.

That's a huge problem and a misleading which is beyond dangerous. Just because 'one' is thanking God doesn't mean He's in what they are doing. They have simply 'worked' a principle which works for both the 'just and the unjust'. Just admit that one is doing what they want for themselves and stop trying to extort validation where it does not exist.

God has called us to develop and enrich our relationship with Him, for as His Word says,

"If you abide in Me, and My Word abides in you...than you can ask what you will and it shall be given..."

Pleae hear me, I am not saying that you have the heart of the world; I am simply making it clear that there are no options to this plain and simple.

I have the heart and the mind of Joshua... 'Choose you this day whom you will serve, as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. '

There are too many people who are not being taught to develop a close and true relationship with the Lord. This is why prayers are not being answered... no connection, the wires are loose/disconnected.

The principles of loa and the focus of vision boards are not building a relationship with God, instead it is a wedge and a complete disconnect.

I didn't grow up in the Lord, with a vision board.... I bowed my head and prayed and watched God do exploits in my and my loved ones lives. The same for my children. They were taught to stay in constant communion with the Lord, build upon their relationship. Anything else is a distraction and a watered down version of being under His Blood.

There are no shortcuts for Christians... you mentioned trials and tribulations, that's where a strong relationship is built with God, not board games and witchcraft.

mieshashair

I am Christian and hv been been saved along time, not saying I'm perfect by NO MEANS! I was just reading over the comments and I want to say that I once three years ago was introduced to LOA and I got pretty intrigued with it and wanted to know more about it. I bought the secret and watched it and read the book, but I noticed I kept getting an unsettling spirit about it but I kept going. I made vision boards etc. But I NEVER seen any types of manifestation from it. About 3 weeks ago I had in depth discussion with some ppl about it and realized it was NOT of God!!! I then immediately threw away everything I had in my home that was related to the LOA!!! If u noticed they gv god NO reverence to God they believe u hv the power to manifest things on your own and if that were the case we would not hv the need to go through Jesus and there would be no need to pray and ask God for anything because we wouldn't need him we could manifest it ourselves. Now we are to hv faith and trust that God can bring our desires according his will to pass in our life. Anything that does not reverence God/Jesus and leaves him out is NOT of him. And if u/it r not with God then it/u r against God.

If u find that u r offend by what I just typed then it's time to do some self inventory and seek God to make sure u r making wise decisions in your beliefs

RoseTintedCheeks

Shimmie So do you think vision boards and such are diverting people away from going to God in prayer? I see what you are saying, and I am going to pray about it. I don't want to be hard-hearted.

mieshashair "Anything that does not reverence God/Jesus and leaves him out is NOT of him. And if u/it r not with God then it/u r against God." << This is true now.

I definitely see where you all are coming from.

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie So do you think vision boards and such are diverting people away from going to God in prayer? I see what you are saying, and I am going to pray about it. I don't want to be hard-hearted.

mieshashair "Anything that does not reverence God/Jesus and leaves him out is NOT of him. And if u/it r not with God then it/u r against God." << This is true now.

I definitely see where you all are coming from.

Indeed loved one... :yep:

Think about it. Believing God takes faith and learning to trust Him. Only a solid relationship with Him can do that.

This foolishness with vision boards, and the loa 'defense' is of man, not God. Abraham, Moses, Joshua, the prophets of the Bible, spoke to God directly. They had a 'relationship' directly with him. All they had to do was speak and God moved on their behalf.

In the heat of the battle, Joshua was able to say, Sun stand ye still, moon don't you move...until the battle has been won.

It didn't take a vision board to do so; Joshua believed the promise and the command that God gave Him to fight the battle and win it.

satan knows the principles of God's laws of nature. As children made in the express image of God, we have been given the ability to create andmake things happen, however, one can get so caught up in 'making their own' Destiny, that God becomes a distant 2nnd in their focus.

Self power is 'addictive' and it makes one become their 'own' god and not depend upon the one true God who is our Father in Heaven.

Watch how those 'addicted' to vision boards, defend what they are doing. Watch...'listen' to their words and their defence. Not one word of admission that God is not in it, neither is there one word of repentence for putting something before God. They don't want to let go of their fleshly desires. They don't believe that God has better for them; they don't care what God has, it's all about what 'they' have specified and nothing else.

If you ever look at the language that the vision board users speak and the list upon their boards...it's all about self and 'want' and nothing about honoring a growing and inter-dependent relationship with God the Father; and one does not need a vision board to establish a relationship with Him.

The preachers who teach and support this activity are misleading people 'away' from God and not towards Him as their provider and keeper. God's gifts are without repentence, why not become solely tied up in Him and allow Him to be the one who blesses.

You're a good heart "RoseTintedCheeks"...you are open to God's leading as you choose to please Him first and only.

You are so right about vision boards failing people (from your earlier post); for they will not hold up in a storm. They will fall apart and their faith will be drowned along with the 'paper' board and faded pictures...

With God, the wind and the waves...'Be Still'...

God bless you. :giveheart:

Guitarhero

I am Christian and hv been been saved along time, not saying I'm perfect by NO MEANS! I was just reading over the comments and I want to say that I once three years ago was introduced to LOA and I got pretty intrigued with it and wanted to know more about it. I bought the secret and watched it and read the book, but I noticed I kept getting an unsettling spirit about it but I kept going. I made vision boards etc. But I NEVER seen any types of manifestation from it. About 3 weeks ago I had in depth discussion with some ppl about it and realized it was NOT of God!!! I then immediately threw away everything I had in my home that was related to the LOA!!! If u noticed they gv god NO reverence to God they believe u hv the power to manifest things on your own and if that were the case we would not hv the need to go through Jesus and there would be no need to pray and ask God for anything because we wouldn't need him we could manifest it ourselves. Now we are to hv faith and trust that God can bring our desires according his will to pass in our life. Anything that does not reverence God/Jesus and leaves him out is NOT of him. And if u/it r not with God then it/u r against God.

If u find that u r offend by what I just typed then it's time to do some self inventory and seek God to make sure u r making wise decisions in your beliefs

I was up early this morning watching t.v. and some minister named Popoff came on. It seems to me that his ministry is based upon LOA. I heard no salvific story of anything, just getting miracle water and having him write a letter of prophecy to contributors to his ministry. In other words, it was a prayer in exchange for money - a lot of money! There were people who had been praying for answers to their mortgages etc. (I know some might be plants and fake) but this is attractive to the hurting. In a large sense, I believe they were putting their sights on material needs and somehow imagining them to be fulfilled...via Popoff. Of course, everything comes from G-d. But if we divert our trust in Him, it might be through evil. I'm not saying that holy water, prayer cloths etc. are wrong, they are biblical. But I suspect that ministries like that are basically focused on a type of LOA with the "christian" stamp of approval on it. Essentially, it seems to be name-it-claim-it, which is LOA in many regards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.