Keratin-Global vs. Marcia vs. Cappola??

Nikki4ny

So Ladies I'm coming to you for guidance and knowledge.

I decided to get the Keratin treatment done. I am all natural 4ab hair type. I'm in North Carolina and the salons that offer the service are slim. So far I have been on 3 consultations and several phone calls with different info from each one.

My Coppola Keratin Treatment consult....the lady was German,but says she has experience with ethnic hair. She kept mentioning "relaxer" to me which is not what I want. She basically wanted to run a relaxer through my hair first then do the coppola treatment. :nono: Said it will make the treatment work better wich may be true but I realy don't want a relaxer at all) I don't think she understood me when I said I really dont care to have it get relaxer straight, I just want more managable hair when I try to detangle and would like for it to not puff up as much when I flat iron it.

My Global Keratin consultation:...this was with a black woman at a black salon. They use the formaldehyde free version of Global Keratin treatment. She said it will turn out beautifully on my natural...won't make it relaxer straight but it will definitely loosen my curl and prevent frizz when I wear it blown out and flatironed. (which is exactly what I want)

Then the Marcia Keratin consult with caucasion woman....who says she has experience with ethnic hair etc. She says the Global formaldehyde free version will be a waste of my time and money because it won't really do a thing for my natural....and if I do it I should definitely use the Marcia with Formaldehyde.

Lastly a consult with an Italian girl who has biracial children and says she has lots of experience with my hair type, has wide range of clientel...she says she uses the Marcia right now but she prefers the Global non formaldehyde on ethnic hair because she has received complaints from ethnic clients with shedding issues whom she used the Marcia on. In her opinion the Global formaldehyde free will work perfectly on my hair for what I want...which is hair that won't turn into peter cotton tail at the first sign of humidity when I flat iron it.

So now I'm utterly confused. Do I go with Global formaldehyde free, Marcia or Coppola?:spinning:

Thanks in advance for any comments

Dove56

So Ladies I'm coming to you for guidance and knowledge.

I decided to get the Keratin treatment done. I am all natural 4ab hair type. I'm in North Carolina and the salons that offer the service are slim. So far I have been on 3 consultations and several phone calls with different info from each one.

My Coppola Keratin Treatment consult....the lady was German,but says she has experience with ethnic hair. She kept mentioning "relaxer" to me which is not what I want. She basically wanted to run a relaxer through my hair first then do the coppola treatment. :nono: Said it will make the treatment work better wich may be true but I realy don't want a relaxer at all) I don't think she understood me when I said I really dont care to have it get relaxer straight, I just want more managable hair when I try to detangle and would like for it to not puff up as much when I flat iron it.

My Global Keratin consultation:...this was with a black woman at a black salon. They use the formaldehyde free version of Global Keratin treatment. She said it will turn out beautifully on my natural...won't make it relaxer straight but it will definitely loosen my curl and prevent frizz when I wear it blown out and flatironed. (which is exactly what I want)

Then the Marcia Keratin consult with caucasion woman....who says she has experience with ethnic hair etc. She says the Global formaldehyde free version will be a waste of my time and money because it won't really do a thing for my natural....and if I do it I should definitely use the Marcia with Formaldehyde.

Lastly a consult with an Italian girl who has biracial children and says she has lots of experience with my hair type, has wide range of clientel...she says she uses the Marcia right now but she prefers the Global non formaldehyde on ethnic hair because she has received complaints from ethnic clients with shedding issues whom she used the Marcia on. In her opinion the Global formaldehyde free will work perfectly on my hair for what I want...which is hair that won't turn into peter cotton tail at the first sign of humidity when I flat iron it.

So now I'm utterly confused. Do I go with Global formaldehyde free, Marcia or Coppola?:spinning:

Thanks in advance for any comments

I really love the results I got from the Global Keratin 2%; however, I will not use that one anymore because it's too expensive. I plan on using Soft-liss www.soft-liss.com because you can purchase the entire kit for $96.00 including the shampoo, treatment and mask.

I believe Crazedaze used the formeldahyde free Global and her hair is beautiful! I would do that again, but I don't want to pay $320.00 :ohwell: for the bottle to do it myself.

Your hair is very pretty, btw, I bet you will have beautiful results!

sheba1

Girlfriend, when you figure it out, please let us know! hahaha It's hard because it's new enough that most people on the boards haven't used multiple brands, yet. My favorite results have been the Rejuvenol brand (also contains collagen) on Naturaltobe's 4a curls. Just gorgeous results!

I used the Global 2%. No matter what, as a natural, you may need a couple applications in order to get the results that you want. Because natural hair tends to be less porous, the treatment is said to "take" better on the second application on natural hair.

I posted pics of my first and second bkt in my fotki. I've decided my next treatment is going to be Rejuvenol. It has 1.6% formaldehyde and seems to offer the frizz free results you are looking for. Have you seen Naturaltobe's results?

Nikki4ny

Have you seen Naturaltobe's results?[/QUOTE]

Thanks, No I don't think I've seen her results yet. I got the PM. I'll check it out now!

Keedah

Im trying to decide on which brand to purchase also. I think Im leaning toward the formaldahyde free Global.