castor oil - darkening

Kimberlala

Hello,

first of all I'm new here and hopes to find a lot of information on many hair issues.
I'm not greying yet, but I have light blonde, reddish hair and would like to have it darker. Of course, I dyed and hennaed it many times before but now I've heard that applying castor oil could darken new hair growth. Has anyone experienced that? But there are so many brands and types of castor oil on the market that I just don't know which one is the best for hair darkening?
I've just bought hesh castor oil, but I don't know whether it's something good or not.
Could anyone help me? Many thanks

CaramelLites

Haven't heard about castor oil having a darkening effect, just thickening. However, I heard that cocunut oil darkens hair.

NaturalEnigma

I feel like my castor oil is darkening my hair. My hair is naturally brown now its like jet black. I bought mines from Sams 24/7 website. MSM also darkens the hair. Most of Qhemet Biologics products have MSM in them.

Kimberlala

maybe when combining it with other oils, vitamines? How do you use msm? I'm not experienced when it comes to that and I could use a little help. Many many thanks in advance.

Kimberlala

although I think it's different for light haired people, don't you think? hair darkening is more noticable when you have lighter hair. keep me updated, many thanks