Relaxed Ladies-Trimming only 2x Per Year?

lonei

Do any of you do this, i know Sylver, SherryLove and Southerngirl do/did, and their hair is SUPER long! Do you? Do you use heat? Have there been any adverse effects? Thanks

KiniKakes

lonei said:
Do any of you do this, i know Sylver, SherryLove and Southerngirl do/did, and their hair is SUPER long! Do you? Do you use heat? Have there been any adverse effects? Thanks

I trim about once a year at the salon........... and in between that time i clip my own split ends at home as I find them. My hair fares quite well this way, but then i wear a protective bun nearly every day, and avoid direct heat at all costs. :) Once I reach my goal of MBL I do expect to wear my hair down more frequently, and in that case i expect to trim more, as my ends will pretty much be exposed to the elements on a daily basis.

Last edited:

MizaniMami

I'm gonna start this. I think I can actually get away with two trims a year.

Then again I rarely use heat (about 4-6 times a year) and I baggy my ends every night too.

sareca

I trim twice a year. I use heat once a month. I'm in buns and braids the rest time. I trimmed about 1.5 inches off in March. In December I'm going to trim another 1 or 1/2 inch. I dust in between time. When I was trimming more regularly I didn't gain length as fast, but I also never had to deal with thin ends. :ohwell:

Guyaneek

I've been doing the same although I'm not relaxed (textured though). I just started last year and I have retained a good deal partially to this. ;)

taraglam2

I only trim twice a year....followed other long time LHCF leads and it has worked out well for me. I had a major cut / trim to start my hair journey in November 2004, a deep trim July 4th 2005 and a trim at the Dominican Salon December 2005. Have not had another trim since. My hair and ends are doing great ! (I wear my hair in a bun or wash-n-go bun 90% of the time-- Trimming only 2x Per Year works for me !!!!!! :) )

KhandiB

I haven’t trimmed my ends since I was 6 months pregnant.. BUT I will be trimming in January.. But I think 2 times a year is a good idea.. That’s the plan I will be on

lonei

I use heat once every 3 weeks and have a low manipulation regimen, do you think trimming twice a year will be ok? I very rarely wear it down these days either...

Aveena

This may be somewhat of a spin off, but, how do you keep your scissors sharp? I've often thought of doing my own trims but am paranoid about dull scissors.