Non-Chemical relaxers that REALLY work

Lioness

Sorry if something similar has been posted before....

I've heard of only two non-chemical ways to loosen the curl or straighten and soften natural hair:

Coconut milk and lime mixture (there's a thread on the Hair Recipe board)
Naturalaxer- www.growyourownhair.com

But do these methods really work in keeping the natural curls permanently looser?

Has anyone heard of or experienced any other methods to loosen the curl and soften new growth?

eajaye2u

HI- search the forum for thermasmooth. I saw some pictures that were breath taking a short while ago. HTH

SignatureBeauty

I believe that ain't nothing but a Relaxer, I just went to the site FAQ's you have to apply it every 6-8 weeks, It can only be applied to New Growth, You have to base your scalp before you apply the "Naturalaxer" etc. It sounds like a Relaxer to me, I tried the coconut milk & lime and it made my hair very soft but it didn't straighten it, I really don't believe there is a such thing as a Natural Relaxer, I haven't heard from anyone using it. I would still be Cautious!

TeeKay21

NappyParadise said:
I believe that ain't nothing but a Relaxer, I just went to the site FAQ's you have to apply it every 6-8 weeks, It can only be applied to New Growth, You have to base your scalp before you apply the "Naturalaxer" etc. It sounds like a Relaxer to me, I tried the coconut milk & lime and it made my hair very soft but it didn't straighten it, I really don't believe there is a such thing as a Natural Relaxer, I haven't heard from anyone using it. I would still be Cautious!

I have tried the naturalaxer. It doesn't have chemicals and it is all natural ingredients. it's mostly a mud mask. I only tried it once and it worked okay like texlax. You have to use it about 3 times before you get best results. I just thought is was too much mess and bother (I live in barracks with no kitchen and a shared bathroom so it's just a lot of mixing and sitting around with mud on your head). If you do henna, you could do natural relaxer. It's easier than the henna thing I think. It takes a while to rinse out too. I am just all about a simple regimine so i didn't stick with it long enough to get full results.

Now that you brought it up though, maybe I'll give it another try since I've learned to stretch now.

Lioness

Thanks for all the replies!

The naturalxer isn't something I'd try, then- thanks for your input NappyParadise.

Eejaye2u- Thermasmooth look really interesting....

I'm transitioning I was looking for something very mild, natural and gentle to soften the new growth, but I think Ima just leave my 'fro alone :lol: !