What is the most moisturizing, non-stripping shampoo you've used/ your fave poo?

Diva_Esq

Ladies,

I am looking for recommendations for a GOOD shampoo! My conditioner game is up to par, but my poo game leaves a lot to be desired. I have experimented with Motions (relaxed hair loved it, natural hair hated it), Mixed Silk (started out ok, but doesn't remove product well), Herbal Essence (not really impressed, stripped my hair), Yes to Carrots (it was ok, but not the greatest like their conditioner), Giovanni (stripped my hair) & Elucence (works ok, but I'm not in love) among countless others that I can't remember the names of. :spinning:

I need a shampoo to use about once every 2 weeks that:
  • will leave my hair clean but not stripped/ feeling like hay; :nono:
  • is moisturizing...I don't want to spend the rest of the week trying to achieve moisture b/c of one shampoo session; :nono:
  • smells good (I don't want anything that smells like chemical or medicine). :nono:
Any recommendations??? I bought a sample of Joico Moisture Recovery Shampoo last night when I went to pick up the highly recommended Joico Moisture Recovery Balm for my deep conditioning this weekend. Anyone like Joice Moisture Recovery Shampoo???

I love conditioner...my hair LOVES conditioner...I barely use shampoo, but when I do, the results are not great. Trying to find a good shampoo! HELP!!!

Missjae09

Mixed chick's shampoo is nice. I shampooed once with Giovanni-smooth as silk and once with Mixed chicks, and although I will be using both up I do think I prefer the Mixed chicks over the Giovanni.

Diva_Esq

Mixed chick's shampoo is nice. I shampooed once with Giovanni-smooth as silk and once with Mixed chicks, and although I will be using both up I do think I prefer the Mixed chicks over the Giovanni.

I may have to check out the Mixed Chicks poo. I like the leave-in and deep con, but I was scared to try the poo b/c MC is so expensive and I may not have liked it. Mixed Silk is not great, and the poo was ok, but now I'm not liking it either. :(

Thanks.

Fine 4s

So far (and the only one I've used besides my clarifying which IS stripping,) it's Aveda Damage Remedy shampoo.

KhandiB

The best shampoo I ever used is Crème of Nature Green but they discontinued it.
Now I use Elasta QP Crème Conditioning Shampoo..Its great

FutureMD

Nexxus Therappe...it makes my hair feel excellent, and i've used it for most of my life. (on natural hair, relaxed hair, and now natural again).

lushcoils

Nature's Gate Biotin Shampoo. It doesn't smell like anything, but it leaves my hair so soft. I think because it contains Silk Amino Acids and some other good stuff too.

melissa-bee

I'm gonna have to go with the Babussu shampoo bar by anita grant.
It scentless but you can get scented ones as well. It's fab.

Your Cheeziness

Creme of Nature (old bottle red or green label). I find them in the local beauty supply stores all of the time. I don't see them in chain stores.

CrownCola

Creme of Nature throwback formula, is the hands down champ.
♥ all Nature's Gate poos, sulfates and all. (Yeah, I said it.)
Contrary to what I expected from the reviews, Aubrey Organics HSR Shampoo is not stripping at all in my opinion, and actually pretty pleasant. (eta: HoneySuckle Rose shampoo smells like relaxer to me, which is why I'm not buying again.)

A good preshampoo is my fave solution for a stripping shampoo (of which I have many)...

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

MissMusic

Hands Down, Matrix Biolage Colorcaretherapie Delicate Care Shampoo

It foams very well, a little goes a long way, actually moisturizes, and is amazing. I find it on for $6.99 at TJ Maxx occassionally and buy it, but it retails for $13-$15. No sulfates.
Full review here:
http://www.fromshorttolong.com/2010/11/product-review-matrix-biolage.html

Second place goes to Bee Mine Botanical Moisturizing Shampoo for $12.97
No Sulfates, silicone's, or parabens.
Full review here:
http://www.fromshorttolong.com/2011/02/product-review-bee-mine-botanical.html

qchelle

I've been using Elasta QP Creme Moisturizing Shampoo for the past 3 weeks. I really like it! It meets all of your requirements. And it's convenient, because it's right at Sally's.

Jewell

CON green label has been the universal hands-down best poo on my hair, no matter what state it was in (relaxed, transitioning, texlaxed, natural). I see this "Olive Oil" SLS-free shampoo on the shelves in a green bottle...if they don't bring CON green label back, I'll be trying that. I only use diluted poo (1 half-dollar-sized dollop to 8 oz water), or oil-based shampoo bars.

I have bottles and bottles of SLS and ALS-laden poos...don't want to throw away, so I guess I will be diluting for the next 4 yrs to use that mess up. :look:

Diva_Esq

I have the Joico Moisture Recovery Shampoo, and it was just okay. I expected more of a smooth feeling to my hair, but I only used it once! Maybe I will give it another go and get better results...I was transitioning when I tried it, but maybe it will be diff on all natural hair.

Funny, I'm going to pick up the Moisture Recovery Balm this week too! :grin: Have the MR Cond. and it is very nice. I hear the MR Balm is the truth.

Last edited:

beautyaddict1913

I have tried a few shampoos as well and I love Yes to Carrots..it cleanses my hair thoroughly without stripping and its safe for me to use weekly.

beana

Elucence Moisture Benefits poo hands down... this is one of the few products that ive used consistently over the years

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
My favorite hands down for gentle is DevaCurl Low Poo. Its gentle enough to use on a daily basis.

Diva_Esq

CON green label has been the universal hands-down best poo on my hair, no matter what state it was in (relaxed, transitioning, texlaxed, natural). I see this "Olive Oil" SLS-free shampoo on the shelves in a green bottle...if they don't bring CON green label back, I'll be trying that. I only use diluted poo (1 half-dollar-sized dollop to 8 oz water), or oil-based shampoo bars.

I have bottles and bottles of SLS and ALS-laden poos...don't want to throw away, so I guess I will be diluting for the next 4 yrs to use that mess up. :look:

@Diva_Esq

I have the Joico Moisture Recovery Shampoo, and it was just okay. I expected more of a smooth feeling to my hair, but I only used it once! Maybe I will give it another go and get better results...I was transitioning when I tried it, but maybe it will be diff on all natural hair.

Funny, I'm going to pick up the Moisture Recovery Balm this week too! :grin: Have the MR Cond. and it is very nice. I hear the MR Balm is the truth.

Jewell I have heard the same about Joico MRB, so I took a big gulp of the Koolaid and picked some up! I'll hit you back with the results of the poo and balm later! :)

Solitude

The best shampoo I've ever tried is Aveda Dry Remedy, but it's pricey.

The cheapest, most moisturizing shampoo I have ever used is Trader Joe's Nourish Spa.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
The best shampoo I ever used is Crème of Nature Green but they discontinued it.
Now I use Elasta QP Crème Conditioning Shampoo..Its great

Co-signing with KhandiB.

After I run out of the shampoos I have (Mane N Tail & Aussie Moist), I'm going back to Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo since the Creme of Nature one is discontinued.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I still love Nexxus Therrapee and my new found love is Silicone Mix. Roux PC Shampoo is good too, I need to make a note to buy when they go for B1G1 free @ Sally's.

Sent from my Zio

naijamerican

Elucence Moisture Benefits poo hands down... this is one of the few products that ive used consistently over the years

This times a milli!!!! :yep: :yep: :yep: I have tried several shampoos, including from Aveda and Joico, and nothing tops Elucence. It's so good I got my sisters and some of my friends hooked on it. :yep: And the cost is quite reasonable. :yep: