Protein as Pre-Poo Treatment Results

Isis

Just want to say thank you Macherieamour and the other ladies who suggested using protein conditioning as a pre-poo treatment. :up: I tried and tried all week to find your thread(s) on this (since the search isn't working) to comment there and I couldn't.

I did this successfully using Keraphix on my dry hair, then rinsed and shampooed, followed by deep moisturizing conditioner. My hair was so soft, softer than all the other protein days when I used it after shampooing and still stronger. Very little if no shedding too. I'm going to do this from now on - thank you so much!!:)

macherieamour

YAY!!! Im so glad this worked out for u:) This is the only way I do protein now!

Ill have to try keraphix after my ORS mayo is all gone.....:D

Isis

macherieamour said:
YAY!!! Im so glad this worked out for u:) This is the only way I do protein now!

Ill have to try keraphix after my ORS mayo is all gone.....:D
I'm so happy with this method, thank you again!! Usually my hair was kind of stiff after I was all done, no matter how well I rinsed. This way, I have just as much body as before or even more and my hair has the protein strength.

BTW, I was going to try the ORS mayo when my keraphix was gone after all the good things I heard about it from you and the others!!:lol:

MizaniMami

Isis said:
Just want to say thank you Macherieamour and the other ladies who suggested using protein conditioning as a pre-poo treatment. :up: I tried and tried all week to find your thread(s) on this (since the search isn't working) to comment there and I couldn't.

I did this successfully using Keraphix on my dry hair, then rinsed and shampooed, followed by deep moisturizing conditioner. My hair was so soft, softer than all the other protein days when I used it after shampooing and still stronger. Very little if no shedding too. I'm going to do this from now on - thank you so much!!:)

Yaaay! I do this just about every wash too! I'm glad you had great results!

macherieamour

Yeah, I think CreoleinDC mentioned that it worked really well with plant based products. Something about the steam adding oxygen...I have the worst memory.

Miz- I still cant wait to try the Aveda- one day ill be off my pj diet:(

Anky also mentioned doing this with Mayo- cheap protein/moisture treatments are always good in my book:)

Tee

I am going to give this a try. I am really working on my hair and trying to really make a change. I have to cut 2 inches and I am bombed about that. I have plenty of Keraphix that I dont use often because I am afraid of too much protein but I will give it a try. Keraphix is such a great product. I love it on my hair when I do use it. I will get to pre pooing! Thanks ladies.

lexi84

Question, how long do you guys leave the protein conditioner on your hair? I will be trying this soon w/ my jar of ORS Mayo that's been collecting dust for about a year now.:lol:

MizaniMami

macherieamour said:
Yeah, I think CreoleinDC mentioned that it worked really well with plant based products. Something about the steam adding oxygen...I have the worst memory.

Miz- I still cant wait to try the Aveda- one day ill be off my pj diet:(

Anky also mentioned doing this with Mayo- cheap protein/moisture treatments are always good in my book:)

Do it! Do it! j/k! I love this stuff but it's getting too expensive. I may switch to another line:ohwell:

macherieamour

HAHA I hear u! Soon as my Keracare runs out, Ima have some serious decisions to make:(

Lexi, I leave the mayo on for about 15 mins or so with a steaming hot towel, shampoo and rinse. There are many other variations tho...

Iluvsmuhgrass

How often do you guys do this? I was about ready to trash my ORS mayo until I read this. I used it last (conditioner) instead of using as a pre-poo and my hair was a hot mess.

Isis

ILuvsmuhgrass said:
How often do you guys do this? I was about ready to trash my ORS mayo until I read this. I used it last (conditioner) instead of using as a pre-poo and my hair was a hot mess.
I haven't tried ORS mayo yet but I was using the Keraphix protein reconstructor about every two weeks, sometimes three or four. I'm going to use it more often now, like every two washes.

Macherieamour or someone else can help you with your ORS mayo question better than I can.

morehairplease

I am going to try this next sunday w/ AO gpb! One quick question: can someone post how/what I do with the steaming towel? The day macherieamour posted about the towel I didn't get a chance to view the thread :( .

tia ladies,
tishee

czyfaith77

In place of the hot towel, you can also use a heating cap. I purchase an electric one (for like 20 dollars). I really like it. Before this I would put my hair in a plastic cap and sit under the dryer like they do at salons. Either way works well.

Aalize

Are you guys pre-pooing with wet hair or dry hair?

for the wet towel are you all just dunking it in hot water and then applying it yo your heads?

Angelicus

This is the way I have been deep conditioning for the past three years. It always worked for me. Great that it worked for you!!! :clap:

eta: I prepoo on dry hair.

sweetcashew

This is the only way I know how to do a protein treatment. If I don't shampoo after using protein my hair would never detangle. :)

macherieamour

For the hot steam towel- i just leave a large hand towel ( the one in between a wash cloth and a large regular towel, or a hair turban) under running water.

I slather the conditioner all over my dry un washed hair.

Then, I wring out the towel and twist it around my head.

I put a plastic cap over top.

Its kinda like an at home steam treatment.

But there are tons of ways other people do it. Using a hot towel out of the dryer or just a plastic cap under a hood dryer or electric cap:)

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
macherieamour said:
HAHA I hear u! Soon as my Keracare runs out, Ima have some serious decisions to make:(

Lexi, I leave the mayo on for about 15 mins or so with a steaming hot towel, shampoo and rinse. There are many other variations tho...
Do you use a plastic cap or not? For some reason I feel weird not using a plastic cap but if the results are good than I will try it.

morehairplease

czyfaith77 said:
In place of the hot towel, you can also use a heating cap. I purchase an electric one (for like 20 dollars). I really like it. Before this I would put my hair in a plastic cap and sit under the dryer like they do at salons. Either way works well.

thanks czyfaith77!

morehairplease

macherieamour said:
For the hot steam towel- i just leave a large hand towel ( the one in between a wash cloth and a large regular towel, or a hair turban) under running water.

I slather the conditioner all over my dry un washed hair.

Then, I wring out the towel and twist it around my head.

I put a plastic cap over top.

Its kinda like an at home steam treatment.

But there are tons of ways other people do it. Using a hot towel out of the dryer or just a plastic cap under a hood dryer or electric cap:)

macherieamour thanks so much!:kissing4: