my shea butter started to turn white!!!

Shatani

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

i have a bunch of pure unrefined shea butter jammed into a jar that i use for mixtures and creams and for my skin....and i looked inside and its starting to look all white (the originial color is yellow)....it smells the same and shea butter is supposed to last like two years....although the spot i was keeping it in was cool, but not dark....

any ideas as to whats goin on??

Lorraine

The funny thing is I used to have a jar of shea butter than came white. It was almost like Crisco (is Crisco still a product and is it still white? :look: ). I wish I could find that shea butter again but Sally Beauty stopped selling it. Anyway, I think it's just fine. :) Perhaps it changed based on where you store it (hot vs cold place). How long have you had it?

Dolapo

i just received mine and im wondering how y'all use it. do you always mix it or use alone? i applied to my ends and the brittle dry part just became so soft and touchable :)

MizAvalon

Dolapo said:
i just received mine and im wondering how y'all use it. do you always mix it or use alone? i applied to my ends and the brittle dry part just became so soft and touchable :)

I just use mine by itself. Stick it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it up and presto! I love that stuff. It's very heavy, but I'm never giving it up! :)

oglorious1

Mixologist
You might want to store it in your freezer until you are ready to use it, I had a gang of that stuff and that's where I stored it....

Shatani

Dolapo said:
i dont always mix it, but the majority of the time i do....i love how it leaves my hair soft for DAYS!

Shatani

Champagne_Wishes said:
It's normal. It's probably the crystalization from verying temperature in where you are storing it.
oh, okay....i guess i better move it off the window sill now then! :lol: