Which Reconstructor Do You Use? And When?

Which Reconstructor Do You Use

• Aveda Damage Remedy Reconstructor

Votes: 51 6.7%
  • BBD Stretch

Votes: 16 2.1%
  • Aphogee 2 Min Intensive Keratin

Votes: 295 39.0%
  • Joico KPak Reconstructor

Votes: 81 10.7%
  • Affirm 5-in-1 Reconstructor

Votes: 44 5.8%
  • Giovanni Reconstructor

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Keracare Super Reconstructor

Votes: 15 2.0%
  • Motions CPR

Votes: 81 10.7%
  • ION Reconstructor

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 141 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HighlyFavored1

Ok, I'm confused about reconstructors. I'm defining reconstructor as some type of protein boost that requires some heat to be activated and that is supposedly stronger than protein conditioners (ie Nexxus Keraphix or Aubreys GBP) but not as strong as protein treatments (ie Nexxus Emergencee or Aphogee Protein Treatment). And also, if the product has "reconstructor" in its title :eek:

Which one do you use? How often? And how do you incorporate it into your regimen? Do you only use it while you're rinsing out the relaxer, or do you use it in between relaxers, or what? I'd really appreciate any tips because I'm at a loss!

Last edited:

shunta

I just tried the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor one week after relaxing. I only left it on for 5 min, though. Actually I think the instructions say to leave it on for 5 min. I liked it pretty well and the smell is a bonus too.

PinkAngel

I've used Aphogee, Ion & Motions CPR. But I voted for my fav which is Motions. It's does exactly what it claims, less breakage & stronger hair after the first treatment. This completely ceases any breakage for me.

I normally use it 1x per week if my hair is week & breaking & I haven't used protein in a while for 3 weeks straight. Then I only incorporate it 1x every 2 weeks. I shampoo, apply motions, a hot towel, then a plastic cap for 5 mins. Then rinse and apply leave-ins etc.....

My second fav is Ion it's thinner but goes on like a shampoo (sudsy), i like this b/c it allows me to really get every strand of hair covered.

Lovelylocs

Which? I use sooooooooooo many. :lol: And I use them ALL the time!
I love Aphogee, Aveda, Motions CPR, Duo Tex, Salerm Trigo de Germen, Affirm 5 in 1, egg yolk, and Henna and Placenta! :) I just use them at different times. It all depends on what I am trying to achieve. They are all great. They strengthen hair and have other benefits that all differ!

lala

I use 2 - Aveda DR and Vitale Super Reconstructor Conditioner Intensive Treatment. The Vitale has a tingling sensation which is very relaxing...

thefineprint

I remember using the Joice K-Pak reconstructer back when I was relaxed. I remember liking it because it didn't leave my hair brittle but my hair wasn't in the best condition back then. I'd have to try K-Pak again before I could actually recommend it.

HoneyDew

I like Joico KPak Reconstructor. I use it every week of 2, it depend on what's going on with my hair. I like it because it does not dry my hair out like some others do.

I also like Joico KPak Reconstructor and Motion CPR, they are good, as well. I prefer Joico because they use Keratin from human hair. I am not sure ti makes a difference, but I like that.

Tee

Lovelylocs said:
Which? I use sooooooooooo many. :lol: And I use them ALL the time!
I love Aphogee, Aveda, Motions CPR, Duo Tex, Salerm Trigo de Germen, Affirm 5 in 1, egg yolk, and Henna and Placenta! :) I just use them at different times. It all depends on what I am trying to achieve. They are all great. They strengthen hair and have other benefits that all differ!

I agree. I am the same way. If I had to pic a few favs I would pick Aveda DR and Motions CPR.

HighlyFavored1

~Nigeria~ said:
Nexxus Emergencee is actually a recontructor not a protein treatment. That's my favorite. :)

Wait seriously? I always thought Emergencee was on par with the hard Aphogee Treatment. Is it not? Which treatments are as heavy as the aphogee one, then?

Synthia

lala said:
I use 2 - Aveda DR and Vitale Super Reconstructor Conditioner Intensive Treatment. The Vitale has a tingling sensation which is very relaxing...

Vitale is so good!!! I rarely hear this reconstructor discussed here. And had almost forgotten about it.... but yes it's great.

camellia

I like Nexxus Keraphix and Emergencee as well as Aveda DR.

I use protien about once every three weeks or when my hair starts to feel in need of strength.

star

~Nigeria~ said:
Nexxus Emergencee is actually a recontructor not a protein treatment. That's my favorite. :)
What is the difference between reconstructor and protien treatment I thought they were the same?

Last edited:

blackbarbie

I use the aphogee 2 min reconstructor. I shampoo every week but use the reconstructor every two weeks. (I still use the hard aphogee every 6 weeks though)

~Nigeria~

HighlyFavored1 said:
Wait seriously? I always thought Emergencee was on par with the hard Aphogee Treatment. Is it not? Which treatments are as heavy as the aphogee one, then?

star said:
What is the difference between reconstructor and protien treatmen I thought they were the same?

Yeah, they are the same thing. Really no difference besides the name, if I'm not mistaken. Some more stronger than others.

Last edited:

LABETT

lala said:
I love the Vitale reconstructor and have been using it for years before LHCF.
BBD Stretch Creme is my second fav.

P

patient1

I like New Era's Platinum Hair Reconstructor. (With or without shea butter).

I add it to deep conditioning treatments, but you can also do it without.

p1

I used Dudleys DRC 28 for the past 10 years. It is some serious stuff. If your hair is extremely damaged or you are at the beginning of your hair care journey, I would highly recommend it. It’s the most potent treatment on the market. Hence the expensive price tag.

Now that my hair is not damaged as when I started my hair care journey, I recently switched to Aphogee since it is raved so much on the Board. (It seems to be a staple of many of the midback-waist length ladies) I use it every six weeks. My hair feels great after every application I can feel how much stronger my hair is immediately after use. I forget the name but it is not the two min one, its the one that dries really hard.

I also deep condition weekly with Aveda. I am in love with Aveda products. I don’t however feel the Aveda is a strong protein. My hair feels more moisturized after using it. As a matter of fact, I follow up with Aveda after using the Aphogee to soften it up.

Princess Pie

SerenityBreeze said:
I also deep condition weekly with Aveda. I am in love with Aveda products. I don’t however feel the Aveda is a strong protein. My hair feels more moisturized after using it. As a matter of fact, I follow up with Aveda after using the Aphogee to soften it up.
I love Aveda DR also. I don't think of it as serious protein either, so occasionally I'll use Duo Tex.

KhandiB

Im trying Aussie 3 minute today ..

But usually I use either Aphogee 2 minute , Joico K Pak or CPR , and CPR is the only one I will do after a shampoo, I pre poo with protein or my hair will be hard as a brick

scorpian

lala said:

I love Dudleys hair rebuilder and the Aphogee trtmt but I want to try the DUO Tex that's raved about. I never heard of the vitale till I saw your post
I looked it up online it looks really good :D I have to add this to my list of reconstructors to try I put the info link below

http://texasbeautysupplycom.stores.yahoo.net/vit206b.html

CaramelMiSS

I use Aphogee 2 min reconstructor. It works really well I used it when I over moisturized my hair it got the mushy feeling in my hair to leave fast. I was so happy with the results so now I use it once every week