Make Hair Rinses (Semi-Permanent Color) Last Longer

LovelyMiracle

I used a rinse to color my hair dark brown about 2 weeks ago and it's washed out already! Is there anything I can do to keep the color longer without having to permanently dye my hair? Used Clairol Beautiful Collection in the brown bottle...

DrC

Have you tried the color shampoos to maintainn your color? I hear those work well.

PDub

I use Clariol Beautiful Collections too and my color washed out in 2 weeks also! I haven't figured out what to do. I don't want to use a permanent color because I'm texlaxed.

Looking forward to hearing some solutions!!!

faithVA

This is definitely a thread I can use. I am using a henna rinse and I know it is supposed to rinse out but could use a little longer staying power.

I haven't tried the shampoos for color treated hair. But I've just found a shampoo that works with my hair so not ready to switch. But I might have to try it.

SelfStyled

I deep condition/steam with color enhancing conditioners. I use a brownish red rinse, and will use brown or red color depositing conditioners.

I use Aveda Clove conditioner for Brown Color, and Quantum riveting red conditioner.

Google color depositing conditioners to find some that will enhance your color.

prospurr4

I've used Clairol Beautiful Collection, too, but it washed out way too quickly. So, I started using KISS Express Semi-Permanent in Black, and it lasts a long time. I normally don't have to do a retouch until my texlax touchup, every 7-8 weeks.

Sheena

To make a rinse last longer, you either need to
- apply directly after a relaxer (apply relaxer, neutralize, apply rinse, rinse hair with plain water, condition)
- or process with heat (shampoo, apply rinse and plastic cap, sit under bonnet/cap dryer for 20 - 30 mins on low or warm, rinse hair with plain water, condition)

Kiss Express and Bewell give longer lasting color than Clairol.

OhTall1

My rinses last longer when I do them when I get my hair relaxed. Also, my stylist suggested that I wash and rinse with cool water instead of warm water to help the color last longer. Don't know if that's true or not...

back2relaxed

You should definitely rinse your semi perm color out w/cold water. Also as the pp suggested KISS Express and Adore both have colors that last a long time.

westNDNbeauty

The key to making color last is moisture. All products labeled for color treated hair have a moisture base. With that info, you can alter the current products you have to be a little more moisturizing and that will help your color to last longer.

mzsophisticated26

I was using the regular clairol beautiful collections and it rinsed out too quickly. I switch to the Clairol Beautiful collections advanced gray solution and it stays much longer. I wash my hair weekly and my hair is still jet black and it will be 4wks. I also heard that applying a clear rinse like jazzing after the color helps it last longer.

RossBoss

This thread is right on time, now that the weather is cooler I will be wearing more rollersets and want to maintain a blue black color in my hair. I use Chagrin Valley's shampoo bar, I will have to contact her tomorrow to confirm that the bar is good for color treated hair, I think it is since it has no sulfates in it.

golden_goddess

bumping

I've tried kiss express, but it stains my scalp really bad & dries out my hair.

Are there any other tips or suggestions?

brownb83

bumping

I've tried kiss express, but it stains my scalp really bad & dries out my hair.

Are there any other tips or suggestions?

I would try a clear rinse or glaze over or mix it in with your rinse.

When i was rinsing my hair that made it last about a month.