How Often Is It Safe To Use Kerafix?

Hello Ladies-:)

I am most definitely going to try the nexxus line.I had a not so great experience with ojon yesterday.It felt good while under the heating cap,but once i rinsed,my hair didn't feel so great at all!!:mad: It felt kinda dry.Not Totally dry,but drier than normal.Ojon will be going back to sephora TOMORROW!!Anyhoo,my question about keraphix is how often is it safe to use?Is It cool to use after my weekly poo,or is it as strong as emergencee?

TIA

Last edited:

babyanjel

It's definately not as strong as emergencee and it's safe to use weekly...in fact you could use it every 72 hours!

That's how long it's supposed to last in the hair.

Isis

From personal experience, I agree with the other ladies. Keraphix can be used safely once or twice each week, although I use it a little less often (I forget about it sometimes).

All protein treatments leave the hair feeling dryer than before, that's why it's important to follow your protein treatment, regardless of brand, immediately with a good, moisturizing conditioning treatment.

BTW, you have beautiful hair Babyanjel! :yep:

MizaniMami

babyanjel said:
It's definately not as strong as emergencee and it's safe to use weekly...in fact you could use it every 72 hours!

72 hours? Wow, I never knew that! I guess you learn something new (from LHCF) every day :p

But yes, I use Keraphix about once a week. I either use it as a pre-poo (as of this very second, mixed with Humectress and evoo) or as a pre-conditioner.
I used Emergencee once a week to nurse my hair back to health. It worked beautifully. Now I am cutting down to once a month. I wouldn't recommend using Emergencee but every 2 weeks though

morehairplease

babyanjel said:

:eek:, I didn't know this! thanks for posting this babyanjel!

Thanx Ladies:kiss: I Will Definitely Be Going To Pick Some Up Tomorrow!!

ITA-Babyanjels Hair Is Gorgeous!!Isis-You're Hair Is Gorgeous Too!!

morehairplease

MizaniMami said:
72 hours? Wow, I never knew that! I guess you learn something new (from LHCF) every day :p

But yes, I use Keraphix about once a week. I either use it as a pre-poo (as of this very second, mixed with Humectress and evoo) or as a pre-conditioner.
I used Emergencee once a week to nurse my hair back to health. It worked beautifully. Now I am cutting down to once a month. I wouldn't recommend using Emergencee but every 2 weeks though

MizaniMami,

what is a pre-conditioner? I've heard of a pre-poo and deep conditioner but not pre-conditioner. Is this a deep conditioner or do I rinse it out before my deep conditioner? Also,do you mind telling me how long you let it remain on your hair?

tia

VelvetRain

As others have said it's a lite protein. Emergencee is a stronger protein. I use Keraphix after every shampoo unless I am doing an Emergencee. My hair loves it.

HoneyDew

I use mine as a pre-conditioner, as well.

I am not sure if my definition is the same as MizaniMami, but I use it after I shampoo/clarify, but it has never been my final conditioner. I use it BEFORE my normal conditioner, which is normally a deep conditioner, for me.

MizaniMami

tishee said:
MizaniMami,

what is a pre-conditioner? I've heard of a pre-poo and deep conditioner but not pre-conditioner. Is this a deep conditioner or do I rinse it out before my deep conditioner? Also,do you mind telling me how long you let it remain on your hair?

tia

Hey girl, it's just my (short) way of saying a conditioner before I condition. I wash, apply keraphix, rinse, then apply my conditioner. I let it stay on for 20 minutes with heat (30 minutes without heat).

There are a lot of definitions floating around on what's 'deep' conditioning, so I am assuming you are talking about conditioning with heat. I conditioner with heat with the keraphix and with my normal conditioner every wash. I hope I made myself clear.

morehairplease

HoneyDew said:
I use mine as a pre-conditioner, as well.

I am not sure if my definition is the same as MizaniMami, but I use it after I shampoo/clarify, but it has never been my final conditioner. I use it BEFORE my normal conditioner, which is normally a deep conditioner, for me.

thanks HoneyDew! I've never done a pre-conditioner but I will do one next Sunday....thanks for sharing.

morehairplease

MizaniMami said:
Hey girl, it's just my (short) way of saying a conditioner before I condition. I wash, apply keraphix, rinse, then apply my conditioner. I let it stay on for 20 minutes with heat (30 minutes without heat).

There are a lot of definitions floating around on what's 'deep' conditioning, so I am assuming you are talking about conditioning with heat. I conditioner with heat with the keraphix and with my normal conditioner every wash. I hope I made myself clear.

MizaniMami thanks! I get it now. I have some sample packets of keraphix and I will try this....thanks!