Ponytail Holders that don't cause damage

lashannasmall

My daughter has shoulder length natural hair and she wears a lot of ponytails. She has maybe 3c hair. When I use elastic goody type ponytail holders her hair gets tangled around them so we use rubber bands and I break them so that they don't rip out any hair. The problem is that my daughter cannot break them herself which means I have to get up at the crack of dawn :grin: to help her with her hair. Do you have any recommendations for pony tail holders that don't break off hair?

1QTPie

Elder Sim
Other than the hair ball thingies...

I soak my hair bands in oil and they slide right off. I also only remove ponytail holders while my hair is braided or twisted so that they won't snag my loose hair. My hair is a little oily after I take it out, but I'll take oil over breakage.

How old is she? I'm a big proponent of chopsticks, clips, polyurethane hair ties (you can find them in target.) And I read in Allure that these were nice:
http://smoothiesbyintuition.com/blax-.html

Last edited:

Divine_Order

Cut up some knee highs.:yep:They last a long time, and cause very minimal breakage. If you choose to soak them in oil as an extra precaution, that's cool....but I find I don't even need to do that when I use these instead or regular ponytail holders.

lashannasmall

Thank you guys. I will have to buy some knee highs. I absolutley hate stockings so I don't have any of those around. I like the oil soaking idea as well. And for the yound lady who asked about my daughters age, it is 8.