Best products for moisturizing/defining 3c/4a/4b curls

pinkchocolatedaisy

I think I have some of each. In the back/at the nape, my hair is very curly. On top and in the front it seems to be more wavy. I can’t really explain it. it’s like the way hair looks after small braids have been undone. Then there are spirals in some parts, big loose ones and tighter smaller ones.I don't want my hair crunchy or crispy. I have sunsilk's captivating curls, but it doesn't do much in defining. It does keep my hair soft though. And I tried Tresemme's curl defining gel- didn't like it. Made my hair feel too watery. Well maybe I used it wrong. Perhaps I need to check something out on youtube to get a tutorial. LOL

Anyway, I have heard of all these different types of products miss jessies (pretty expensive), blended beauty and mixed chicks. Are there more? If any of you have tried these or others can you please post pix and specify your hair type? I’ve done a google search and pretty much seen mixed reviews on these but none yielded pix. thanks

FineChyna

i am a fan of the blended beauty line. i use the happy nappy styles for the hair line and after i wash my hair since my hair frizzes very easily.

i use the styling butter for daily moisturizing and styling. i love this stuff. honeyfig.com has it 50cents cheaper than on the blended beauty site.

i just wish i had a better way to control the hair around my hairline. it's 4b while the rest of my hair is 3c. the hairline frizzes and rises up something fierce in humid/hot weather.

Kimberly

i am a fan of the blended beauty line. i use the happy nappy styles for the hair line and after i wash my hair since my hair frizzes very easily.

i use the styling butter for daily moisturizing and styling. i love this stuff. honeyfig.com has it 50cents cheaper than on the blended beauty site.

i just wish i had a better way to control the hair around my hairline. it's 4b while the rest of my hair is 3c. the hairline frizzes and rises up something fierce in humid/hot weather.

This sounds just like dd's hair...When you figure it out, please PM me. :look:

Right now, she's slicking hers back with Pro-Styl brown gel (while hair is wet) and tying it down.

FineChyna

This sounds just like dd's hair...When you figure it out, please PM me. :look:

Right now, she's slicking hers back with Pro-Styl brown gel (while hair is wet) and tying it down.
yeh i am trying that too and it is not really working

the hair around my hairline has always been very hard to deal with when when i was relaxing. just seems to no real way of taming it in extreme weather and it's too hot to wear my hair "out"

Kimberly

yeh i am trying that too and it is not really working

the hair around my hairline has always been very hard to deal with when when i was relaxing. just seems to no real way of taming it in extreme weather and it's too hot to wear my hair "out"

Well, as you can see in my avi, it's working for her. Otherwise she has a little 4b fro for about that first inch and goes almost completely around her hairline. I think she is a 3c mostly on the rest of her head.

I did get her a bottle of Nexxus Curl Energee curl enhancing styler today while I was at the grocery store this morning. It wouldn't ring up, it was the last bottle, so they let me have it for a dollar. :spinning: I'm going to try it on her hair to see if it will help define her natural curl pattern. Maybe she can gel and slick the edges and then spray and scrunch the rest?

lilsparkle825

i like giovanni direct as well.

i know that miss jessie's is expensive but i stalked the exchange forum and found a girl who sold me an almost full 8oz jar of baby buttercreme for 10 bucks, shipping included. i love it so much that if i have to get a full priced jar when this runs out i will just have to bite the bullet. i am 3c/4a, my mom is 4a, and my sister is 4b and it works great on all of our textures. it makes me want to try the curly pudding. noodle head works well to slick stuff down on my hair and my mom's, havent tried it on my sister. i have garnier curl scrunch gel but it doesnt hold well enough for me and i hate hard hair.

Last edited:

Transformer

I know this is an old thread, but I'd like to bump it for more suggestions...!

In love with Keracare naturals products. However, for my hair I use a simple regimen. I wash with the cleansing creme...use any leave in(yes they have one), apply the Defining custard (which has gel in it)---allow to try for about three hours, and then use Butter to add in moisture. I can get 4 days of hair without any problems, although I plait into three large plaits at night with ends loose.

omnipadme

After reading about it over and over again on the forum, I finally ran across cantu shea butter leave in cream. Omg, my hair is so silky soft and moisturized- all for under 5 bucks. My new staple:grin: