Best Drain Unclogger (Hair Buildup)...

sareca

I use Zipit. It works just like the video. But I think prevention is better. So, I'll probably be investing in a Handy Trap soon. Thanks Allandra.

Last edited:

Allandra

sareca said:
I use Zipit. It works just like the video. But I think prevention is better. So, I'll probably be inventing in a Handy Trap soon. Thanks Allandra.
You're welcome hun. Come back and let us know about that invention soon. :)

sareca

Allandra said:
You're welcome hun. Come back and let us know about that invention soon. :)

Dang! Why did you catch that before I could change it! I might .... Invent something... :look: :lol:

MizaniMami

I bought the hair trapper, the walgreens drano, and they was out of the Zipit!

Whatever it was is out cause the water is now out of the tub, but now when I run water in it the drain is now leaking really slow which makes me think there is a huge buildup problem. I notified the apt complex and they are gonna come tomorrow.

Damn I wish I had that zipit.

atlien11

That zipit doesnt look very long...i can see it working on a sink but my shower drain is pretty deep. Is the zip it just for surface drain clogged hair :confused:

sareca

atlien11 said:
That zipit doesnt look very long...i can see it working on a sink but my shower drain is pretty deep. Is the zip it just for surface drain clogged hair :confused:

It was long enough for my tub, but harder to use because the drain is curved (unlike the sink).

comike

Baking soda and vinegar also clear a clogged drain. Just pour baking soda down the drain and following with vinegar. When it stops bubbling, rinse with hot water for a few minutes.

ashiah

and they was out of the Zipit!
The power of this forum always amazes me.

My roommate and I have been having problems with your shower drain. We usually use Liquid Plumber, but that stuff is expensive and only lasts for a few weeks.

A method that I adopted (although it requires you to clean your tub after every time you wash your hair) is to use the drain stopper during the entire shampooing process. After you're finished, you should be standing in ankle deep dirty water (it's kinda gross). Then, take the stopper out of the drain and drain the tub. 60% of the hair should be on the sides of the tub. All you do after that is wipe up the hair with toilet paper or a cloth.

Ebonygurl00

ashiah said:

My roommate and I have been having problems with your shower drain. We usually use Liquid Plumber, but that stuff is expensive and only lasts for a few weeks.

A method that I adopted (although it requires you to clean your tub after every time you wash your hair) is to use the drain stopper during the entire shampooing process. After you're finished, you should be standing in ankle deep dirty water (it's kinda gross). Then, take the stopper out of the drain and drain the tub. 60% of the hair should be on the sides of the tub. All you do after that is wipe up the hair with toilet paper or a cloth.

I bet it works, but I can't try it. I'd probably throw up.:lol:

MizaniMami

ashiah said:

Will do, I def. learned my lesson.

adw425

comike said:
Baking soda and vinegar also clear a clogged drain. Just pour baking soda down the drain and following with vinegar. When it stops bubbling, rinse with hot water for a few minutes.

I also do the baking soda and vinegar in the drains about every three weeks -- works like a charm.

Honi

There is no board.
OMG! Did you see pictures of the worlds greatest clogs????? I almost want to faint because I know my shower drain has some hair in there but dang!

Allandra

Honi said:
OMG! Did you see pictures of the worlds greatest clogs????? I almost want to faint because I know my shower drain has some hair in there but dang!
What's the website? I wanna see too. :lol:

Allandra

Honi said:
Nevermind. I just did a Google search. Wow, those are some SERIOUS clogs. :lol:

sareca

I got grossed out by what was in my sink. I actually stopped in the middle and put gloves on. Whatever that was I didn't want it accidentally touching my skin. :barf:

atlien11

Okay i just watched the google clip on their website :barf: whoever made that little contraption is a gazillionare :ohwell:

gn1g

went out and got one, i hope it's long enough to get the job done seeing as I have been shedding off and on for 2 years.

It's the length of my arm about 30"

Allandra

gn1g said:
went out and got one, i hope it's long enough to get the job done seeing as I have been shedding off and on for 2 years.

It's the length of my arm about 30"
Are you going to take a picture of it for us? Yes, I'm serious. :look:

gn1g

i don't have a camera Allandra but if I did I don't think I would want to air my dirty drains.

cocowhite

My shower and sink don't clog up too bad and draino seems to work.
I was going to get the zipit, but uh after watching the mini informercial scared the mess out of me... I couldn't do that, so I think I will get the drain thingy that Allandra mentioned. I don't mind getting the hair before it goes down the drain, but to see that mess after it is in the pipes...Oh no!

Sistaslick

Hey coco! :wave:

Okay... I Zip'd it :eek:

Not for the easily disturbed . . . I must have Zip'd it like 40 million times.:lol: No drain in the house was safe.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
:lachen: @ Sistaslick's long lost ponytail holder...

I wish I would have search for this before spouse bought that $15 spring snake...

Sistaslick

and how DID that wisk itself down the drain?:lachen: I must be doing some hardcore hairwashing not to notice that happening:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

MizaniMami

LOL! Sista you don't wanna know what I thought that last thing was!!!

*:wallbash: has to get her mind out of the gutter*

Now I want a Zipit so bad I can taste it!!!!

Sosoothing

MizaniMami said:
LOL! Sista you don't wanna know what I thought that last thing was!!!

*:wallbash: has to get her mind out of the gutter*

Now I want a Zipit so bad I can taste it!!!!

Ha ha..me too!

Sistaslick

oooooh y'all wrong :lol: My husband is not a member of 112, sorry.... unfortunately . . .:lol: :lachen: :lol:

*hums* I can love you in the shower both of our bodies drippin . . ....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: