MoeGro Challenge!

C

cieramichele

STARTS AUGUST 1ST 2008!

Testimony
Okay ladies, when I first saw a thread about MoeGro here, I didn't pay it any mind. I thought it was just some rinky dink concoction. I clicked on the thread and noticed that it consisted of only 3 ingredients. I have 2 of them but the other one was something I knew I would have to search for. Sui Topi has gotten .25 to .5 in a WEEK. So I'm like "well maybe I'll try it since I have 2 of the ingredients already". Now the ONLY flaw about this experiment is that I DIDN'T take pictures. This works far better than anything else I have tried and I wont even THINK about trying anything else. NO ovation, MN, MTG, MT, BT, BeeMine...NOTHING. By now, I should only have 4 inches of growth according to my 1/2" a month growth rate. Welp, right now I have 4.5" to 5" all over with this growth oil. I started on the 28th of June. Some places around my hairline are only 4" tho. That hair is different from the rest of my hair. Ok, enough about me... Lets get down to the nitty gritty.

If you click on Sui Topi she can tell you how to get her version of the mix otherwise...

Recipe as posted
"
Here is the original recipe and directions. If you don't have the supplies you can order them online.

supplies
one glass jar
6oz of jojoba oil or macadamia nut oil
2oz aloe vera juice/gel
2 tblsp of horsetail herbs
plastic squirt bottle (like the one for hair dye)

1. place oil and herbs in a the jar
2. place jar in a pot of boiling water let the oil heat up
3. remove jar from water and place the top on it let this sit for three days so the herb can infuse with the oil
4. strain oil in to squirt bottle
5. pour in 2oz of aloe
6. shake well and your ready to go

with this mix you will oil you SCALP (after i brush it through my hair) if you use Jojoba you may have to reapply every two day because you scalp will absorb the oil completely. with the mac oil you will reapply it once a week depending on how fast your scalp absorbs the oil.
continue to wash and condition you hair as usual just dont pile on a bunch of other products if you can dont put any thing else on you SCALP you dont want to clog you pours."

Ingredients
2 tablespoons = 1 ounce
3 Teaspoons = 0.5 ounce

I ALWAYS try to get ingredients in their PUREST form (no extra ingredients). I got my jar from Target. You can get the horsetail online. I got mine from vitamin shoppe it was 1 ounce in a liquid form. Aloe vera juice/gel is in a LIQUID form with NO preservatives by George's Always active aloe. The jojoba was bought at vitamin shoppe too. I got the liquid horsetail because it would be easier to me to mix/use. The only downside is that it doesn't smell that great. Others use horsetail teas so their mix smells like tea. I personally would not sway from the original recipe however Sui has her own variation of the mix available. Contact her.

Application
I apply this ever night before bed. I have a applicator bottle with a hole in the tip. I apply this in a way that is quick and easy and doesn't involve parting and etc. I work on one half at a time. You can work in 4 sections but thats up to you. I simply rub the tip back and forth in a line motion on my scalp while gently squeezing out the oil. This way, Im "stritcing" my scalp while applying the oil. Because I have found this to be an easier way to apply, Im able to stay consistent with using it every day since it only takes me a matter of minutes to do my whole head. I dont brush through. I always shake before applying.

Recommendations
Stick with the mix as close as possible or use Sui's
Take pictures with a ruler or measuring shirt.
If you co wash daily, apply this mix every night that includes the jojoba oil
If you wash less frequently, apply the mac oil because it suppose to last all week.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
My mix
I put the stove on this

ONE ounce of horsetail

4 ounces of jojoba from this bottle + 2 ounces from another bottle I already had

A few drops of this did NOT help the smell.

I let it sit for 30 minutes while stirring occasionally.

2 ounces of this added last

Last edited by a moderator:

zora

I concur. My hair growth has been off the chain with this recipe, but I keep cutting. I'm doing the 'grow your hair until it's even' challenge. But tomorrow I will get braids cuz I'm obsessed with cutting my hair.

C

cieramichele

I concur. My hair growth has been off the chain with this recipe, but I keep cutting. I'm doing the 'grow your hair until it's even' challenge. But tomorrow I will get braids cuz I'm obsessed with cutting my hair.

Have you tried any other growth thing?

eshille

:grin: I've also gotten good growth.

I say good growth and not super duper growth because I am not using it on my scalp daily..I just CANNOT STAND ANYTHING on my scalp for very long....it's like I can't breathe....sooo, I'm doing 4 days per week (2 days/wash..2days/wash...rest scalp 3 days). However, I do love to use it on my ends...really soft, soft hair. I'm also using Nettles instead of horsetail w/lavender eo, otherwise everything else is the same.

It's a winner in my book...

Congrats to all the ladies who have ventured on to this path....:yep:

zora

Have you tried any other growth thing?

I had been using MT/OCT, but I stopped and my growth was still phenomenol. Honestly, it could just be the summer heat because my hair traditionally grows long in the summer.

But at the rate I've been cutting and relaxing, I can't believe my hair is still growing.

~marti26.

Ooh, ooh , ooh. My first challenge. Sign me up. Well I have to get the stuff and make it so it will take me a couple days, but I'm in.

Cieramichele, I see you are using horsetail extract. So you have seen rsults using that? Also do I need to allow the oil to sit for days doing if I use the extract?

TIA
~Marti26.

MonaRae

I have been using this for about 3 - 4 weeks and I can tell it works but just not sure of my growth. I wear a ponytail everyday (sort of hiding my hair from myself). I don't think I'm getting that much growth tho b/c I rub the oil on my hand then I message in on my scalp. I will try the applicator next time.

All that just to say I'm down!

DaughterOfZion1

Your saying stick close to the recipe but im confused as to which one i should stay close to yours ot suitop's?

Also once u add the aloe vera whats the constitancy...does it seperate?

If u use aloe vera with no preservatives, does the mix go bad/ get mold quicker?

Lastly, im in :grin: cant wait to start...(have to get ingredients first tho)

C

cieramichele

Ooh, ooh , ooh. My first challenge. Sign me up. Well I have to get the stuff and make it so it will take me a couple days, but I'm in.

Cieramichele, I see you are using horsetail extract. So you have seen rsults using that? Also do I need to allow the oil to sit for days doing if I use the extract?

TIA
~Marti26.

Yes mam. I couldnt believe my ruler and the zero on the scale isnt even at the true end of the ruler.
The reason why I bought that is so I wouldnt have to wait. I just warmed it up let it sit a little...added the aloe..shook it and applied it. That was my first batch in a 2 oz bottle. I didn't put it all in the bottle so there was some left in the jar that marinated. it doesnt totally mix tho. You have to shake it.

C

cieramichele

Your saying stick close to the recipe but im confused as to which one i should stay close to yours ot suitop's?

Also once u add the aloe vera whats the constitancy...does it seperate?

If u use aloe vera with no preservatives, does the mix go bad/ get mold quicker?

Lastly, im in :grin: cant wait to start...(have to get ingredients first tho)

Go with the original recipe or hers. She has some that she has tweaked to perfection.

Mine separates. I see the horsetail on the bottom and the oil on top. Shake before using.

DaughterOfZion1

Go with the original recipe or hers. She has some that she has tweaked to perfection.

Mine separates. I see the horsetail on the bottom and the oil on top. Shake before using.

sorry for all the questions but suitops thread is so long i dont no what her perfected formula is...do u mind telling me? thanks a million

Nazarite27

I have to agree. My 4a/b hair is growing like whoa, too! I really thought I was trippin', but honestly, I had faith in this from the day I heard about it. I just KNEW it would work. :yep:

I am a firm believer that anything from the earth MUST be nurtured. This MoeGro mix has done EXACTLY that -- it has nurtured my scalp and hair and has rendered it healthy, pliable, supple and strong with visible growth! It's sort of like having a living plant...if you don't water it, fertilize it, give it some love and nurture it -- it is going to DIE. This mix has allowed my stagnant hair to AWAKEN to THRIVE!

Here are my actual and I do mean my "for real" measurements and I have NEVER posted my length board because it was never really anything to write home about. But.....since using this mix -- I am all too excited and I just had to share. I wish I had a digital camera so I can show proof, but until one of those two young men pictured below BUYS me one, it won't happen! :lachen: I do own a camcorder, but I dunno if that would work or how. If anyone is "tech savvy" do let me know.

Anyway here's my breakdown:

July 3 - July 6 -- created mixture and allowed it to sit in a warm, sunny window or three days. So, my first day using it was July 6. At that point, I KNEW that my hair was ONLY about five inches in the top and about 3 to 4" around the perimeter.

July 12-15 -- created my second batch (about 2oz). Began using my second batch on July 15. So, all in all, that totals ten (10) days that I have been consistently using the MoeGro mix. So, it hasn't been that long.

During each time period stated above, I applied the mix everyday. I guess I was somewhat addicted to it because it made my hair so freakin' soft, pliable and lush and it made scritching enjoyable!

July 17 -- I measured my hair because just looking at it, after taking down my twists, it was oh so obvious that I had more hair. I even took a metal pick and picked my hair out(with no snags) and my reaction to my hair was :eek::realitycheck: girl...this ish is working!!:lachen:

Measurement check Pre July 6:

Perimeter of head (e.g., temple, edges and nape) - 4"
Crown and elsewhere: 4.5 to 5"

July 17th measurement:

Perimeter area: 5"
Crown and elsewhere: 5.5 to 6"

MoeGro's recipie does work and to the OP of this recipe...thank you for putting ME in the mix!! :grin:

:woot:

ETA: I'm awaiting the arrival of my Mega Tek, oh my Lawd!!

Last edited:

MoeB424

I just ordered some MT, but maybe I can use both simultaneously...

Yeah I just got my MT too. I want to use MT and try this at the same time like maybe co-wash with MT once or twice a week and use the Moe mix stuff throughout the week because I hear that MT gives you thickness which I so desperately need but would it be safe to use both??? Would I be undoing the growth of either one by mixing the two???

Has anyone tried both this Moe mix and MT?

If so how did you go about applying it?

Aggie

Yeah I just got my MT too. I want to use MT and try this at the same time like maybe co-wash with MT once or twice a week and use the Moe mix stuff throughout the week because I hear that MT gives you thickness which I so desperately need but would it be safe to use both??? Would I be undoing the growth of either one by mixing the two???

Yes, JustKiya uses both but I don't know how she is appying them. I do know that I and a few other ladies are oiling our scalps first then applying the MT/OCT because it goes on smoother and we use less MT/OCT this way.

bellezanegra826

now if we are mixing liquid ingredients, why do they need to be boiled? i thought the boiling was to infuse powder into the oil. can't we just shake up the ingredients if we are using liquid extracts?

zora

If you're going to infuse herbs, then jojoba oil is the best. You can also use olive oil or sweet almond oil.

JustKiya

I just ordered some MT, but maybe I can use both simultaneously...

JustKiya is also using both and she seems to like both of them as well.

Yes, JustKiya uses both but I don't know how she is appying them. I do know that I and a few other ladies are oiling our scalps first then applying the MT/OCT because it goes on smoother and we use less MT/OCT this way.

I missed these, and I've been lurking in the thread - not to go too OT, but my 'normal' MT mix has oil in it, and I just replaced that oil with the MoeGro oil, so it's two birds with one stone. I've just started using this mix on Thurs. so I have no recommendations yet, one way or another.

In all fairness, I think that if you are going to mix something with the MoeGro Oil, it's not a good judge of how the oil works on it's own. I totally get folx wanting as much growth as possible, but I think it dilutes the goal of the MoeGro Challenge thread....... :look: Just my 2cents....

VinDieselsWifey

i have all the ingredients to make the MoeGro oil and i ordered a bottle of MT. i think i am gonna braid my hair and use the MoeGro on one side and the MT on the other side to see how they work for me. if i get good growth on both sides, then i'll probably mix the too.

when i used Surge i got good growth. but i mixed my Surge with my okra-carrot-infused castor oil. i mixed half Surge and half infused castor oil and applied daily. i got about an inch a month plus more thickness.

C

cieramichele

now if we are mixing liquid ingredients, why do they need to be boiled? i thought the boiling was to infuse powder into the oil. can't we just shake up the ingredients if we are using liquid extracts?

You can shake it up and go it you want.
I thought it would help the two mix up better.