LJBEE's Bohyme Brazilian Wave Install

ellebelle88

So, I caved in and got my first ever sew-in. I'm transitioning and I was sick and tired of rocking a bun and looking bummy. So here are my pics ladies. I'm still trying to figure out how to make it dry a bit more "neater" but its cool. Please do not quote this thread! Thanks!

[Pics removed.]

Originally, the weave hung past my shoulders. I didn't want it that long but my hairdresser wouldn't cut it because she said she loved the way it looked past my shoulders. So when I got home I chopped a good bit off myself. I wanted it to look close to the length of my actual hair when it is in a twistout. Plus I'm short and a lot of hair would have overpowered me. However, next time I do not think I will cut as much.

Last edited:

Bulletproof

tHicK hAIr dOn't CarE
Looks very cute and natural. Hmm I did not know the wave looked so kinky, now I know it will blend with my hair pretty well thanks for that.

Charlie555

I love it on you! I made a half wig out of my bobraz and I am rocking it right now. I think I want to cut mine too. It hangs down to my bra strap & some times it really is too much hair. Was it hard to cut curly hair?

theAlist

Loove it! I've been trying to decide whether i want brobraz or the janet prestige but they never have the janet collection in stock. I think you just made my decision easier!

Eclass215

Looks good!! I had the BoBraz install this summer and I LOVED it! I used cantu shea butter every day and it made the curls more neat looking and gave it some shine too. Enjoy!

Makenzie

:love::love: It looks great on you. But I'm scared, I Googled images of bohyme brazilian wave and most pics are not as curly as yours. Did you do something to get it curly?

iri9109

:love::love: It looks great on you. But I'm scared, I Googled images of bohyme brazilian wave and most pics are not as curly as yours. Did you do something to get it curly?

idk but i was twisting my brobraz at night while it was wet and i think it made it less curly b/c it was stretched, but now i just cowash it and let it totally airdry and its way more curly and i just put in it a loose high bun at night and take it down in the morning and its still curly as the days go on...and you can spritz it with water/condish to activate the curls again

ellebelle88

Ok, sorry so late. This forum has been really acting weird lately so as soon as I posted this thread, I couldn't log back in to see if I had any responses.

cute! i have this in right now...what length did you have originally?
I got the 14 inch, however next time I am gonna get the 12 inch.

I love it on you! I made a half wig out of my bobraz and I am rocking it right now. I think I want to cut mine too. It hangs down to my bra strap & some times it really is too much hair. Was it hard to cut curly hair?
Well...lol. I just took the hair and held the scissors at an angle so I wouldn't have any blunt ends. After cutting, it blended right in. So I think if you hold the scissors at an incline, the cut will look like your hair is layered. Dont just go straight across and snip. But then again this was my first time, I didn't have any shears and I was just trying to repeat what I saw the stylist do. Maybe someone can offer tips on how to cut hair.

Loove it! I've been trying to decide whether i want brobraz or the janet prestige but they never have the janet collection in stock. I think you just made my decision easier!
I say go for it!! (and post pics) :)

Looks good!! I had the BoBraz install this summer and I LOVED it! I used cantu shea butter every day and it made the curls more neat looking and gave it some shine too. Enjoy!
Thanks dear. I don't know why I was so scared about getting a sew-in. I wish I had done it sooner.

How many bags did you use?
I used 1 pack. At first the stylist didn't think it was going to be enough but she moved some tracks around and made it work. I'm glad that she didn't use more than 1 pack. It's raining today and this hair is steady expanding. I don't know how much bigger I can take!

Where did you purchase the hair???
hairwigharlem.com -- or just google around for the best price.

Yes, I did. There is definitely a method to my madness because when I left the hairdresser it did not LOOK curly at all. I was highly disappointed. I will post what I did when I get home and also some pics of my 2nd day hair.

Last edited:

lsw29

Your hair looks great! If I ever choose to break down and get a sew-in, this is the brand I am going to get.