Recommend hair brand for sew-in weave!

Innocent_Kiss

I want to get a sew-in weave around September and have found the average cost for this is about $200!!! That's without the hair! What's a quality brand of hair for this type of style? I want a textured style - something in between curly and coily. I'd hate to spend $200 on a hairstyle where the hair will be matted in a couple weeks! It's not worth it.

Miz_Complexity

Indian remy if you can afford it or something from the milkyway collection. Dont get cheap hair it tend to get dry and looks really hard and un-natural.

HTH

YoungWavey

I used Remy Saga B1 its really good...Of Course for $80 a pack but I only needed 2packs. I like it..I can reuse it whenever as long as treat it with care...:yep: HTH

btw i have a pic in my pic up top and also in my fotki ablum

tycoles

Indian remy if you can afford it or something from the milkyway collection. Dont get cheap hair it tend to get dry and looks really hard and un-natural.

HTH

I was gonna get a weave but changed my mind. I was lurking on the weave section at BHM and milkyway got a lot of bad reviews. Since I didn't get my weave, I can't recommend anything personally, but a couple of names that were popular on BHM were wagmans http://www.wagmanhair.com/. Also I think extensions-plus.com. I was gonna buy hair from the BSS, and going to go with ego or goddess hair. Again, I don't have experience just going off the recs in that forum.

ayoung

Depends on how much u want to spend on hair

I like: (well, actually love :lol:)

http://extensions-plus.com/ReadyMadeV.html

The best hair I have ever used. And u can reuse it (which makes the price easy to take:look:)---I have the same hair from last year and had it installed so far 3 times.

ETA: they will send u samples and help u decide which hair based on what style u want

Ediese

Please don't get Milky Way..it's awful. You'll end up with a matted mess. If you're going the Beauty Supply store route, I would suggestyaki hair for that more textured look. Sensationnel Premium Now yaki, Sensational Outre, and Goddess Remi come to mind.

ajacks

Depends on how much u want to spend on hair

I like: (well, actually love :lol:)

http://extensions-plus.com/ReadyMadeV.html

The best hair I have ever used. And u can reuse it (which makes the price easy to take:look:)---I have the same hair from last year and had it installed so far 3 times.

ETA: they will send u samples and help u decide which hair based on what style u want

ITA. Very worthy investment.
I also heard that Halleys Curl is good (http://www.halleyscurls.com)

prettypuff1

Girl if you feel like it, go on black hair media and look at their weave forum. there are some ladies on there that are serious.

I would go with indian remy hair. I am currently struggling with black diamond hair and it is takin all that i have to not take it out since it is only 3 weeks old

Ediese

Girl if you feel like it, go on black hair media and look at their weave forum. there are some ladies on there that are serious.

I would go with indian remy hair. I am currently struggling with black diamond hair and it is takin all that i have to not take it out since it is only 3 weeks old

I agree. They're really on top of it over there. That's where I get all of my weave information. They're really helpful.

As for the Extensions Plus, if you have 300+ for hair, then that would be the best bet. I love Extensions plus, and have been a faithful customers for years. I have pictures in my fotki. The one thing about this hair is that it does not shed, or tangle and you can reuse it multiple times. The only problem that I have now is that they raised their prices so much that I can no longer purchase it.

The other alternative, like someone else suggested is Halleys Curls. I've seen the installs with this hair, and it's beautiful and cheaper than extensions plus. It also looks like AA texture hair.

jamaicalovely

Yes, please stay away from Milky Way.

My favorites are Goddess Remi and Indique. I have pics in my fotki of these weaves.

I hang on BHM as well and there are always rave reviews about Wagmans, Halleys, and EP. I realize that all these brands are expensive, but they are high quality hair and last a long time.

Ex. I paid 90-$100 per pack for Goddess Remi Body Wave in early Feb. I kept that hair in 7 weeks, 2x back-to-back. Approx $200 to last 3.5 months. I still have hair and plan to reinstall in the future.

HTH

cocomochaa

futuretress is pretty good! Not sure if you have it out there but here its £4.99 for 14inch. Now I am terrible at maintaining weaves past the second week mark but futuretress has lasted long (long is 4weeksfor me)I will notbe goingback to Sensationnel Premium range. This is cheaper, same kinda quality if not better and even though it is synthentic you can use straightners and curlingtongs on them.