How did u thicken your hair STRANDS???

hola_lo2002

Hi ladies!!!

I'm still on a quest to find a good product that would thicken my hair strands. You see, my problem is that I have alot of hair but each strand is very thin, making it more prone to breakage. I don't know if BKT would be a good idea or maybe coating my hair with natural hair color.... Your advice is much needed here! Thanks!!!

hannan

You should try henna. A lot of ladies have experienced thicker strands because it coats the hair.

gadgetdiva

I've heard of henna as well. I' curious to know if there is anything else that could help since I've read that you have to be careful with henna.

I know I've done the Aphogee 2 Step protein treatments but I can't say its plumped my strands up.

Teddy B

Hi ladies!!!

I'm still on a quest to find a good product that would thicken my hair strands. You see, my problem is that I have alot of hair but each strand is very thin, making it more prone to breakage. I don't know if BKT would be a good idea or maybe coating my hair with natural hair color.... Your advice is much needed here! Thanks!!!

Like you, I have thin strands but a lot of them, people always say I have thick hair but I know it isn't (or wasn't) true.

2 things that really helped are Henna and castor oil but I would say Henna the most since I'm not that consistant with castor oil. With each treatment I could feel and see my strands getting thicker. The last time I flatironed I could really feel how thick and heavy my had become. I wear a satin pocket bonnet at night when I've flatironed and before the ends would bend because my hair is actually to long for the pocket bonnet but now it doesn't because my ends are thicker and heavier.

I even got my cousin who suffers from alopecia on the Henna band wagon. She said it makes the few strands she still had thicker and the bald spots are filling in with fine hairs.
Just make sure you use BAQ Body Art Quality Henna. If the Henna has ppd in it, it can do more harm than good.

HTH

Ballerina_Bun

Like you, I have thin strands but a lot of them, people always say I have thick hair but I know it isn't (or wasn't) true.

2 things that really helped are Henna and castor oil but I would say Henna the most since I'm not that consistant with castor oil. With each treatment I could feel and see my strands getting thicker. The last time I flatironed I could really feel how thick and heavy my had become. I wear a satin pocket bonnet at night when I've flatironed and before the ends would bend because my hair is actually to long for the pocket bonnet but now it doesn't because my ends are thicker and heavier.

I even got my cousin who suffers from alopecia on the Henna band wagon. She said it makes the few strands she still had thicker and the bald spots are filling in with fine hairs.
Just make sure you use BAQ Body Art Quality Henna. If the Henna has ppd in it, it can do more harm than good.

HTH

That is a beautiful braidout in your signature. What was your regimen for that? Also, how are you using henna in your regimen.

Pretty Hair!

Last edited:

bklynLadee

I have brown hair (for people that use weave my hair color nearly matches perfectly with a #4). To be precise, its really the very front of my hair that is that color and the rest of my tresses get darker. If I am not mistaken, Henna makes the hair jet black right? :( I like my hair color and would actually like to dye my hair a little light so that it CAN be a perfect match to a #4. Is there something else like Henna that I can use that wouldn't make my hair darker?

makeupvixen

well for me it was lots of deep conditioning and adding JBCO into my regimens. JBCO didn't make it grow but it did thicken my hair strands, so for that I am thankful

Akemi

For those who use castor oil, do you apply it to your scalp or to your strands? Or both?

gmbwink

I am a newbie and I always wanted to know how to thicken my thin hair. I actually considered just cutting it off and starting over but I would hate to do that.): More suggestions on thickening please.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I have brown hair (for people that use weave my hair color nearly matches perfectly with a #4). To be precise, its really the very front of my hair that is that color and the rest of my tresses get darker. If I am not mistaken, Henna makes the hair jet black right? :( I like my hair color and would actually like to dye my hair a little light so that it CAN be a perfect match to a #4. Is there something else like Henna that I can use that wouldn't make my hair darker?

You have to use Indigo w/ Henna (a 2-step process) to make one's hair jet black. Henna all by itself gives you red or orange tones. I use Henna and Indigo and have been for over 3 1/2 years.

LaidBak

Agree with the other posters. Joico K-Pak reconstructor thickened my strands. I used it three times a week for two months and saw obvious improvement. Now I use it once or twice a week. I also do the Aphogee two step treatment once a month when I do my relaxers.

JBCO is what I am using to thicken and fill in my hairline. Waiting on results from that, its only been a week, but I was prompted to use it b the success stories of others. I smooth it on twice a day.

againstallodds

My issue with trying henna is similar. My hair is naturally brown with highlights in some parts. I've wanted to try henna for the longest time but I do not want to alter my hair color at all, and I don't think there's a way around that with henna. I have fine strands and really want to thicken them.

Unless there's a way to avoid changing my color with henna, sadly :sad: it's a no go for me. :fistshake:

Moopeh

My issue with trying henna is similar. My hair is naturally brown with highlights in some parts. I've wanted to try henna for the longest time but I do not want to alter my hair color at all, and I don't think there's a way around that with henna. I have fine strands and really want to thicken them.

Unless there's a way to avoid changing my color with henna, sadly :sad: it's a no go for me. :fistshake:

Try Cassia, It's sometimes called "clear henna" it has te same thickening and strengthening properties without the red colour.

JC-Junkie

Agree with the other posters. Joico K-Pak reconstructor thickened my strands. I used it three times a week for two months and saw obvious improvement. Now I use it once or twice a week. I also do the Aphogee two step treatment once a month when I do my relaxers.

JBCO is what I am using to thicken and fill in my hairline. Waiting on results from that, its only been a week, but I was prompted to use it b the success stories of others. I smooth it on twice a day.

Does JBCO stand for Jojoba Oil ? Sorry I'm new:blush: I'm just getting the hang of the abbreviations :yep:

Great thread by the way !!!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
For those who use castor oil, do you apply it to your scalp or to your strands? Or both?
Mainly the scalp but sometimes to the ends also.

JBCO is definitely working to thicken my edges. I saw a noticeable improvement within a month. I lost my starting pics so I can't show my beginning progress up until now...but I have my now pics and will just track my progress from this point. What is joico k pak exactly...how do you use it...what is it good for?

Missi

Bigen thickens my hair...I can see a huge difference where my new growth ends & my colored hair begins.

Dposh167

.....don't use products with really heavy cones. Or products that have a heavy cone in the first 3 ingredients. Sometimes it can slick hair down too much and when u already have thin hair it doesn't help

....also, don't be afraid to use conditioners that are made to thicken hair. Its only a temp. fix, but these products don't put heavy ingredients that will weigh hair down.