Natural hair and pressing (satin creme press)

Irresistible

I have been natural for ten years now and for years i was a slave to my hair dresser because i just couldnt press my hair like he did for nothin. untill now, after finding this product called satin creme press by ultra sheen. I used it once a while ago and was very impressed how the press held up with the humidity in the air that night...but i just used it again and went on a trip to vegas for four days and im totally amazed at how the press held up....wow. because of this stuff i can retire my hair dresser for real... and i NEVER ever thought that would happen...of course those that press know its not only the product its the technique of pressing as well..so those that go try it dont come back mad if you dont know how to press your hair the right way already. lol...the key is taking little sections (and i mean little) at a time and adding a few drops of the satin creme press and and rubbing it in from root to end, then running down that peice (after testing the comb on a white towel making sure it wont burn your hair) with the pressing comb while turning the back of it against the hair...kinda slowly. whew all i can say is that stuff is the bomb!! it so nice to know that from here whenever i wanna do something and wear my hair down and pressed i dont have to make a trip to my hairdresser and its even nicer that i can not be worried about the big BOOF coming on every second. and i can just enjoy whatever im doing without all tha fuss and worry over how my hair is gonna end up looking. just thought i would share.

Iris

Irresistible

I think there might be a couple of kinds, cause on my group a member was talking about a grease....what im talking about is a liquid in a bottle....it has no smell (on the hair) , plus a little kemi oil takes care of the "pressed" smell.... and isnt greasy at all. well, at least for my hair...all i know is its worked twice now under conditions that a press without it usually wouldnt hold up under...all i know is im glad i found it.

jaibee

hmm i don't know what the liquid is. what i'm talking about is a yellow grease that comes in the jar by ultra sheen called satin creme press.

Irresistible

Yeah i figured you must be talking about another kind , cause the liquid isnt greasy at all...gurl if you press your hair at all, you really gotta try it.

Irresistible

Hey B!!

its ok you aint gotta press gurl, unless or untill your ready. but all i gotta say is all these years of occasional pressing and my hair hasnt eva held up like with this stuff...so when you do , or if you do decide to press....you will know the good stuff to use...as long as this isnt one of those products that works good on one head and not good on another, you will love the results. salon results, no , even better.

G

They make a liquid pressing oil in the satin creme press? I've never seen that before.

jaibee

could you post a pic? i have no idea what you all are talking about, i thought it only came in a yellow grease.

Irresistible

yes they do , this is exactly what it says on the bottle.

CREME
SATIN PRES
LOTION

its in a yellow (kinda gold color) and white bottle. it says its a temporary straightening conditioner, for press and curl and blow drying.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
[ QUOTE ]
what im talking about is a liquid in a bottle....

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought 3 bottles of this for $0.99 each last year just because it was there and it was cheap.
My cousin uses it for dry roller sets. I thought it was for blow drying. It never occurred to me to press my hair with it. I love being a PJ.

blue_flower

Irresistible,
I've seen your pics at the other group, and I must say that your hair is absolutely beautiful.

Irresistible

Yup thats it Sassygirl, it does look different though so your right it might be an older bottle. thank you for posting that, cause i did a search and couldnt find it , and even if i did i wouldnt of known how to post a pic here.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
[ QUOTE ]
what im talking about is a liquid in a bottle....

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought 3 bottles of this for $0.99 each last year just because it was there and it was cheap.
My cousin uses it for dry roller sets. I thought it was for blow drying. It never occurred to me to press my hair with it. I love being a PJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah the bottle i have is only 2.99 , thats pretty cheap for a small miracle lol...nothin could hold my press like this has.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
blue_flower said:
Irresistible,
I've seen your pics at the other group, and I must say that your hair is absolutely beautiful.

[/ QUOTE ]

aww thank you Blue_flower, i see your hair is absolutley beautiful as well.

jaibee

hmmm.........interesting. is this usually stocked by the setting lotions in the bss or is it with the grease products? cause i have probably walked past that just thinking it was another setting lotion or something.

yeah that's different from what i was thinking about. that yellow grease i had was awful, and i thought that's what folks were raving about on the board and i was like, i don't get it lol.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
jaibee said:
hmmm.........interesting. is this usually stocked by the setting lotions in the bss or is it with the grease products? cause i have probably walked past that just thinking it was another setting lotion or something.

yeah that's different from what i was thinking about. that yellow grease i had was awful, and i thought that's what folks were raving about on the board and i was like, i don't get it lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

girl i knew you must of been thinkin of somethin else when you said it was greasy and smelled. cause this stuff has your hair lookin fresh , flowin and soft and naturally straight. i got it at a small oriental owned shop in a section where other pressing products were...and i feel my PJ'ism kickin up , so im'a go back and get several more bottles...you know, in case i ever cant find it somewhere or somethin or oh my God and heaven forbid they should ever stop making it....lmao....the PJ logic but its ok i aint gonna be caught without this one on hand. even if the bottles do last for a couple years lol....

alibi

hair bored
:::SIGH::: ayanapooh's off to get some Creme Satin Press...I'll let you all know how it goes!

miss_brown

Never heard of or seen this product, but thanks for the recommendation.

I really just dropped in to say that your hair is GORGEOUS, Irresistable! Very thick and healthy looking

chewy

Thanks for the product suggestion and the, "how to" on pressing; I'll be trying both soon! N O W .......I was only going to lurk then leave but after viewing your photo album I "HAD" to sign on and tell you, your hair is, ABSOLUTELY "MAHHHH VA LOS"! I'm wondering how I've mangaged to miss your photo album so far, but I'm glad you're on this board too! There's a member here named Den1 who's natural too and who's hair is about your length. Your non pressed hair pictures remind me so much of hers because they both are marvelous.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
miss_brown said:
Never heard of or seen this product, but thanks for the recommendation.

I really just dropped in to say that your hair is GORGEOUS, Irresistable! Very thick and healthy looking

[/ QUOTE ]

*smilin* thank you miss brown

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
chewy said:
Thanks for the product suggestion and the, "how to" on pressing; I'll be trying both soon! N O W .......I was only going to lurk then leave but after viewing your photo album I "HAD" to sign on and tell you, your hair is, ABSOLUTELY "MAHHHH VA LOS"! I'm wondering how I've mangaged to miss your photo album so far, but I'm glad you're on this board too! There's a member here named Den1 who's natural too and who's hair is about your length. Your non pressed hair pictures remind me so much of hers because they both are marvelous.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you girl, there are so many beautiful heads of hair here , it will make your head spin , not to mention goin out tryin every product they mention lol ...would love to see Den1's pics too

G

Irresitible, If anybody's album make me go natural it will be yours... You have the most beautiful hair I have ever seen that's natural.

I just saw your pictures and I am in awe.. Really.

Anyway I posted cause I agree the Creme Press is a great product that has been around for ions, my mom used to press our hair with it.

Even for blow drying relaxed it's good. A bit greasy at times but it protects well.

Again,
Flips up to your album and hair. Girl you are my American Idol...

G

Your welcome, I meant it. I even had to do a thread about it. LOL

Super_Hero_Girl

You and your hair are absolutely beautiful. I will take your advice and I have just added you to my list of natural inspirations. Simply marvelous!