Biotin Users: How long did it take for you to see results?

MD_Lady

I’ve been taking a supplement (GNC Hair, Skin, and Nails with 3000 mcgs of biotin) for about 2 ½ months. In that time, I’ve had to get my uneven ends trimmed and have been using a variety of hair help methods (conditioning and moisturizing) in my regimen so I’m not sure whether the product is actually working. For those of you who used or are using biotin rich supplements, how long did it take for you to see results and what were they (i.e. thickness, length, or both)?

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I was at the end of my 2nd bottle before I noticed any difference....so for *me* it took 4 months.

Last edited:

MD_Lady

I was at the end of my 2 bottle bottle before I noticed any difference....so for *me* it took 4 months.

I won't be surprised if I notice a change later rather than sooner. :perplexed It's also hard because I just wasn't paying all that much attention before I started using anything so my point of comparison is kinda skewed. :ohwell:

Ericka

I noticed more growth when I was taking GNC Women's Ultra Mega vitamins as opposed to GNC Hair, Skin and Nails. I'm due to buy more vitamins so this time I think I'll buy both. I'll see how that goes.

Ms.Honey

When I was taking 5000mcg I saw no results but when I went up to 10,000 and doubled my MSM too I went from 1/4 per month to a little over an inch in a month.

MD_Lady

Thanks for the responses so far everyone! :) I'm not the most patient person when it comes to my hair and all of this input is REALLY helping me to not give up hope! :grin:

CORBINS

I've posted a thread about niacin. I wanted to know if it affected hair growth. Since then, I've been researching and have found that taking niacin along with biotin is good for hair growth because niacin helps rush your vitamins to vital parts of your scalp, in turn, increasing hair growth substantially. I don't know which site I read this on, and there are also warnings on taking niacin so I would suggest researching this yourself.