March 2013: Hits or Missess

Ogoma

March 2013: Hits or Misses

This month we celebrate the start of spring and Easter!

Let the Easter sales roll!

ETA: Sorry about the typo :giggle:. What I get for starting threads on my phone.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 27
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

charmtreese

I should have posted this in February's hits & misses, but anyway...

My biggest hit of the year thus far is TIGI Serious Conditioner...This stuff is awesomeness in a jar!

Angelinhell

Miss: NTM silk touch leave in
It's just not performing the miracle it seems to for everyone else:sad:
The more I apply, the drier my hair seems to get.

Ann0804

Miss:
$21 seamless comb- it's way too large, awkward looking and pulls out my hair in chucks.

Hit:
Two dollar seamless comb from TBS- it doesn't pull out my hair and is the perfect size.

veesweets

Red rooibos for tea rinsing. Hair has an added boost of softness. Will definitely be trying Hairveda's red tea conditioner now

Hit:
Qhemet Biologics BRHC (I love it)
Jamaican black castor oil on my hair only

Indifferent:
Darcy Botanicals Pumpkin Seed conditioner (I'm going to finish it but I won't reorder)
Trader Joe's Tea Tingle conditioner (It's okay just not mind-blowing)

Miss:
Placing Jamaican black castor oil on my scalp
Scratching scalp and causing pain due to the above (I'll leave it for my edges and ends)

sharifeh

Miss: NTM silk touch leave in
It's just not performing the miracle it seems to for everyone else:sad:
The more I apply, the drier my hair seems to get.

that was one of the first products I got when i first joined the board a long time ago. i hated it :lol: :rofl: my hair was dry as a desert no matter how i used it :nono: :lol:

Angel of the North

Hit: Bee Mine Deja's Milk Island Mango scent

Perfect consistency, moisturises very well, not greasy/oily and smells divine. I'm in love :love: :lick:

cutenss

HIT:

Ouidad 12 Minute Deep Treatment Intensive Repair

I have only used this once, but OMGosh I love it, thus far. It smells so good. It makes my hair feel strong and soft. But diferently than any other product that I have ever used.

Camille Rose Naturals coming to Target. My HG Moisture Milk. I love that stuff so much. No more Shea Moisture Souffle or Milk for me. THIS IS IT!

Last edited:

lamaria211

Big Hit- Bee Mine luscious balanced cream moisturizer. Its so good it blows E QP mango butter out the water! I ordered 2 more
CD black Vanilla leave in, very moisturizing and smells great
Cj Repair Me, I just love it
No misses as of now

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Hit: Care Free Curl Gold Activator

Revisited this after a fresh wash and DC I'm sold.

msbettyboop

Big Hits

CON argan oil shampoo
As I Am Coconut Cowash
CON argan oil polisher
Ouidad moisture lock leave in
Ouidad moisture boost refreshing spray
Ouidad climate control gel
Lory's argan oil deep conditioning cream

Maybe Miss - CON argan oil intensive treatment might be a miss but need to try it a few more times to decide. The first try wasn't that impressive.

Ogoma

HIT:

[.....]

Camille Rose Naturals coming to Target. My HG Moisture Milk. I love that stuff so much. No more Shea Moisture Souffle or Milk for me. THIS IS IT!

Is this what the Target bottle looks like? Are the ingredients the same?

cutenss

Is this what the Target bottle looks like? Are the ingredients the same?

Ogoma, IDK, that is what my bottle looks like the I ordered from Curl Mart. I just know that it will be coming to Target. Since I do not use/need a lot of this, by the time I do, my Target should have it.

Coffee

HIT:

I have only used this once, but OMGosh I love it, thus far. It smells so good. It makes my hair feel strong and soft. But diferently than any other product that I have ever used.

@cuteness, I agree with you on Ouidad 12 minute, it's the best. I've been using it for the past couple of years. Expensive, but worth it. I'm going to try her Oil poo next!.

Coffee

JJamiah, it was my first time using it and I wasn't sure what to expect. The smell is awesome. After I rinsed it out and my curls were curly, I was like "whoa". The curls just seemed to pop, and were so shiny. I will be using this for awhile :lol:.

lamaria211

Revisited Big HIT- Wen 613, I don't no why I put this product on the back burner. Its the best product I own hands down!

cutenss

IDareT'sHair :wave: Hello my friend :kiss: How are you chica? I hope all is well, in haulville :grin:

HIT:

@cuteness, I agree with you on Ouidad 12 minute, it's the best. I've been using it for the past couple of years. Expensive, but worth it. I'm going to try her Oil poo next!.

Coffee Isn't it yummy :lick: I will only purchase it, when it is special, like Hautelook. I was just on the website, and saw the the cleansing oil. It made me think of oil cleansing for this face. I would like to try it too :yep: Give a review, because you will have it before me :yep:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hit:
Darcy's Botanicals pumpkin seed conditioner *very moisturizing
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo and Xtreme treatment *perfect
Crece Pelo leave-in *best heat protectant ever
Silk Dreams VSCMD and Avocado Butter *perfect
Organix Coconut Milk Serum *Best Sealer and non-drying
Silk and Satin scarves

Miss:
Carols Daughter Monoi Line *horrible
Organix Shea Butter Glass Serum *too thick
Castor oil *too much hype, shedding and itching
Carols Daughter Macadamia Gel and Setting Foam *buildup and buildup with dry hair respectively
Nubian Hemp Seed and Tamanu *too heavy

Sent from my Gramatically Incorrect iPhone

Loving

Hit:

Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Moisturizer
African Pride Silky Hair Shea Butter Miracle Moisturizer

Because of these 2 products, I may be able to stretch to 10 weeks for the first time! :spinning:

Last edited:

SimJam

Lets Jam Custard

I was in a bind yesterday and needed something to twist my hair with, spent about 45 mins in the pharmacy reading ingredients lol.
I really like this so far. will update when I wear my twistout on friday

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Hit: Giovanni 2chic Avocado & Olive Oil Ultra-Moist Conditioner. I hate the smell but love the silky smooth and deeply moisturized results so I will use this in my DC cocktail and KIM to bra-strap lenghth!

Meh: Texas Natural Supply Conditioner Base. It's just ok. Since I'm almost out of their lotion that I use as a leave-in/styler, I will use this up until I re-up then I will not repurchase.