3c/4a Hair types...whats is your fave products?

goldensugar23

3c/4a Hair types...what is your fave products?

I'm 3c/4a and I feel for this hair type you cant just use anything.So my fellow 3c/4a hair types what are the products you feel that have added to your hair success?I have to personally pitch coconut milk as my pre-poo and coconut oil as my (well everything-love this stuff,put it in everything!).However I'm looking to expand on my leave-in's and conditioners....any suggestions?

Tia:)

Last edited:

InnerSoul

I love water based moisturizers..like ORS(organic root stimulator) and UBH lotion creme moist. I also love EVOO and sweet almond oil for sealing in the moisture. I use UBH dew moisturizer for a leave-in(spray formula) it's light and not to heavy..okay so I like UBH products the most ;) I also like herbal essences hello hydration as well for a rinse out conditioner. hth

KiniKakes

Mmm, i have to try coconut milk. That sounds good!

I love any coconut based product.... so i add coconut oil to almost anything! I DC with Suave Milk & Honey Conditioner, as well as honey, EVOO, and castor oil.

I also love ORS moisturizers........

I love Aphogee!!! And I love Dominican shampoos/conditioners, esp. by Nacidit or Capile!!!

InnerSoul

goldensugar23 said:
I'm 3c/4a and I feel for this hair type you cant just use anything.So my fellow 3c/4a hair types what are the products you feel that have added to your hair success?I have to personally pitch coconut milk as my pre-poo and coconut oil as my (well everything-love this stuff,put it in everything!).However I'm looking to expand on my leave-in's and conditioners....any suggestions?

Tia:)

and since u love coconut so much.. the Hello Hydration shampoo and conditioner has extracts of orchid and coconut milk :) and it has a great fragrance for your hair!!!

danimani

I love Africa's Best products, esp. the liquid hair mayo. I just ordered some new products of theirs and I'm looking forward to using them!

goldensugar23

KiniKakes said:
Mmm, i have to try coconut milk. That sounds good!

I love any coconut based product.... so i add coconut oil to almost anything! I DC with Suave Milk & Honey Conditioner, as well as honey, EVOO, and castor oil.

I also love ORS moisturizers........

I love Aphogee!!! And I love Dominican shampoos/conditioners, esp. by Nacidit or Capile!!!

Yes..coconut milk really brings a new life to your hair.I spray it (saturate)on before I go to the salon put on a plastic cap ,du-rag and hat and have them rinse it out then shampoo me.It seems to work really well with the dominican products they use at the salon.:)

goldensugar23

InnerSoul said:
and since u love coconut so much.. the Hello Hydration shampoo and conditioner has extracts of orchid and coconut milk :) and it has a great fragrance for your hair!!!

Funny you mentioned this brand,I saw it in the drug store some time ago and was about to buy it.However my hair can be so resistant to drug store conditioners so I passed.Even though I have had some success with herbal essence products I'm still leary-not all are created equal.However I will try this on my next shampoo I'm looking forward to the hydration and the smell..thank you for the suggestion:)

goldensugar23

danimani said:
I love Africa's Best products, esp. the liquid hair mayo. I just ordered some new products of theirs and I'm looking forward to using them!

This used to be my staple.When I was trying to get my hair back from over bleaching and abuse.This really helped bring myhair back.This stuff is really good for your hair and I forgot all about it.I will be purchasing this again...and its so cheap!

blackmaven

Anything Is Possible
My facorite products right now is Keracare detangling shampoo great slip and my beloved Humecto is the answer whenever I stray away pj in me. I always come back to Keracare products hands down is the answer for my hair. My hair also likes coconut oil prepoo,sweet almond oil and ors moisturizera.

RZILYNT

I have several products, but these 3 are my favorites right now, UBH DC and now I have added Lacio Lacio. I use Mango butter on my edges and ends. This combo makes my thin hair feel really soft and silky.

glamazon386

Cantu Shea Leave in
LeKair Shea Cholesterol Creme
Fantasia Gel with Sparkelites
Nexus Humectress and Theratin
Ors Paks

I think that's it...

LovelyLionessa

If your hair likes all things related to coconuts here are my recs:
White Rain Tropical Coconut conditioner
Dabur Vatika oil
Any Aubrey Organics conditioner, expecially Honeyuckle Rose and Island Naturals. Their conditioners have a coconut cream base and the Is. Nat. one contains coconut milk too.

I like pure coconut milk too, it's amazing when mixed with condish. :yep:

MissB

The Keracare and Design Essentials lines work very well with these 2 hair types. I keep them stocked up in the bathroom at all times.

blackbarbie

Lacio Lacio for rollersets
NTM Silk Touch for daily moisturizing (doesn't weigh my hair down at all)
Dabur Vatika Oil (blend of coconut oil and some more stuff) to seal my ends and it doesn't weigh my hair down either...

I still use my creme of nature (with the green writing) to shampoo and some kind of olive oil deep conditioner (it's green; first time trying it). So far it's working very well. From time to time, I use the wheat germ mask to DC, but it's those products I use to rollerset and maintain my hair daily that really make the difference for me.

HTH!!

Sweet_Ambrosia

Some of my favorites:

*VO5 & White Rain Conditioners
*Lekair & Lustrasilk Cholesterols
*FOTE Vitamin E Gel
*Long Aid Curl Activator Gel
*B&B Growth Moisturizer Lotion
*Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil
*Castor Oil
*Coconut Oil
*Coconut Milk

tnorenberg

I have to say I went back to the tried and true Balsam conditioner. I used to use Flex but I can't find it anywhere but online now, so I use Mirtha de Perales Balsam conditioner. It gives my hair slip and makes it so bouncy, you know the "Swing" effect that I love.

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
gueye braid spray/ leave in conditioner
ntm deep conditioner
kids organics shea butter detangler
SURGE!!!!!!!
worlds of curls curl activator.... follow the drip follow the drip
Nizoral shampoo
shea butter
aphogee stanks like rotten eggs but it is effective

C

CaliJ

Hmmmm...I need to try coconut milk since so many of you like it. My faves are Lacio Lacio (my must have), Aphogee 2 min., Capilo Honey and Milk Conditioner, and Jojoba Oil (my ultimate must have).

cutiebe2

Black Castor oil
NTM silk touch leave-in
Nexxus Hucetress
I have others but this is what I use every week

Lavendar

I love, love, love coconut oil, Spectrum Organics, specifically. I also love Giovanni Direct Leave-In. I use all Elucence shampoos, moisturizing, clarifiying, and acidifying for after relaxer. Aphogee and Porosity Control are also must-haves for my fine hair. And of course, henna is a must!

Qetesh

i would have to say ACV
Hello Hydration
V05
Sarlem Wheat Germ deep condish
Caster oil
coconut milk
almond oil

Catina72

I love to prepoo with UBH conditioner or Silk Elements Cholesterol
I love Elasta QP Intense conditioner after shampooing
I love to airdry with Sunsilk De-Frizz 24/7 creme, the green bottle