Coconut Oil or JBCO on scalp?

luvmesumhair

Lately I was putting JBCO on my scalp but as of recently, I notice that my scalp has been itching a lot. Now I am wondering if I am having a reaction to the JBCO on my scalp and was ALSO wondering if I could use Coconut Oil instead.

I still love the way JBCO feels on my hair. But not on my scalp anymore.:nono:

Do any of you ladies here use Coconut oil on your scalp on a regular?

Have you noticed the same results from using Coconut oil people say they get from JBCO?

TIA:yep:

luvmesumhair

@Jamaraa: So how does your scalp feel with you apply it? Did you notice any difference with the health of your hair? Any growth spurts? Etc...

chebaby

i love coconut oil on my scalp and hair. i wouldnt put jbco on my scalp because its so heavy but i love it on my hair.

TyHill21

Now this is so weird when I first started using evco my scalp used to itch like craaaaaazy now it doesn't. I apply it to my scalp like every other night (before bed) massage my scalp and I rub a small amount on my ends-and I am good to go.
I have not used jbco but I am very interested in purchasing it I just need to find out where I can find it.

Neith

I use a regular castor oil and coconut oil mix 2x a week and I have no problems :)

Castor oil is naturally anti-fungal/anti bacterial topically :yep: Did you know that they use it to cure ringworm?

Coconut oil is ALSO antifungal, plus it's comprised of fatty acids that are very small, so they do penetrate deep into the hair. It's GREAT for keeping skin supple and moisturized too.

They're my two favorite oils.

I never tried JBCO though, just regular castor.

Coconut sinks into the skin/hair much better than castor (in my experience). I bet coconut oil alone would give you good results.

Hope this helps. :)

tomnikids3

Im a coconut user hair, scalp, legs, arms, the whole body. My hair has never retained moisture in the past like it has with the coconut oil. You can even cook with it, it has many nutritional benefits too. Sorry to sound like an ad for Coconut Oil but its a staple for me.

Neith

Im a coconut user hair, scalp, legs, arms, the whole body. My hair has never retained moisture in the past like it has with the coconut oil. You can even cook with it, it has many nutritional benefits too. Sorry to sound like an ad for Coconut Oil but its a staple for me.

I eat it everyday :yep:

The lauric acid in coconut oil gets converted into monolaurin, a proven anti viral. :yep: If that surprises anyone, google monolaurin to find more information.

Absolutely amazing stuff. And it has the nerve to taste good. lol

Okay, I'll shut up now! :)

Neith

That's castor oil , but both can be used in many ways...internally and externally. Yup, people cook w/ coconut oil all the time. These oils are quite versatile! :yep:

Jamaraa, google it :) Coconut oil is anti fungal topically as well :yep:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/24540-coconut-oil-topical-health-benefits/

"In the June 2007 issue of the "Journal of Medicinal Food," there is a report on how the anti-fungal activity of coconut oil was put to the test. Coconut oil was specifically tested against the candida species of fungi, and it was found to be just as effective at treating the fungus as the leading anti-fungal prescription."

Okay, now I will really shut up. :giggle: Don't want to hijack!

luvmesumhair

Now this is so weird when I first started using evco my scalp used to itch like craaaaaazy now it doesn't. I apply it to my scalp like every other night (before bed) massage my scalp and I rub a small amount on my ends-and I am good to go.
I have not used jbco but I am very interested in purchasing it I just need to find out where I can find it.

LOL Mines is the complete opposite! In the beginning it did not itch but now it do. Go figure...:spinning:

luvmesumhair

:lachen:@ Neith.

Thanks ladies. I think I am going to try Coconut Oil on my scalp for a while and see what happends.

exubah

I've had the same problem when I tried JBCO on my scalp. Now I periodically use it on my new growth. I do seal with a combination of JBCO and EVCO. I absolutely love EVCO!

nakialovesshoes

www.sams247.com