Can Daily Conditioner Washes Be Damaging...

Nyambura

surfer girl
Good question, Jen. I have hard water. I try to always do at least a final rinse with distilled water but it's not always an option. My hair has continued to thrive anyway.

Ayeshia

Besides the hard water, I would suppose for relaxed hair if you munipulate it too much it would be damaging since the hair is wet, i dont know about the adverse effects on natural hair though.

Trinity1

I used to do the daily washes but even though my hair got incredibly thicker and longer during this period,I decided to do it only for a short period and then go back to washing every 3 days.....why? because I honestly think constantly detangling wet hair everyday overtime will result in more breakage than I care to think of.

Tee Tee

debyjay

I plan on doing CO washes every other day in the summer. I think too much of anything is not a good thing. I'll see how this works out.

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
When I first started conditioner washes a week or so ago...I saw a lot of shedding. I still continued to do them, and I also changed the type of brush that I was using. Now I can honestly say that I am seeing less shedding than before. My edges are smoother, and my hair is soft and shiny. I use a conditioner that has a detangler in it, so that hasn't really been a problem for me. I will continue to do them for a full month to see if it's better or not. Right now...I think it's too soon to tell.

Karonica

[ QUOTE ]
Tee Tee said:
I used to do the daily washes but even though my hair got incredibly thicker and longer during this period,I decided to do it only for a short period and then go back to washing every 3 days.....why? because I honestly think constantly detangling wet hair everyday overtime will result in more breakage than I care to think of.

Tee Tee

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't do them anymore because to me, it was too much manipulation, even though I was only doing them once or twice a week. The only washes I do now are regular ones with shampoo.
Plus, I think they were weighing my hair down, although I had increased elasticity.

sithembile

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
[Tee Tee

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't do them anymore because to me, it was too much manipulation, even though I was only doing them once or twice a week. The only washes I do now are regular ones with shampoo.
Plus, I think they were weighing my hair down, although I had increased elasticity.

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA, I don't like the constant manipulation and my hair feels heavy and dull due to the build up.

Trinity1

Dont get me wrong, I still do the conditioner washes and will never give them up because they keep my hair super soft and healthy. I havent used shampoo since my last relaxer 8 weeks ago but what I meant was that I dont do the conditioner washes everyday anymore.

Tee Tee

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
[ QUOTE ]
Tee Tee said:

Tee Tee

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...I think I'll stick with doing 1 conditioner wash per week and one regular wash per week.

Ebony

i've been doing conditioning washes for years before i even knew what it was called and with all kinds of water. everyone is different, but for my relaxed hair i would just add additional moisturizing products after the fact when there was hard water. i hear using distilled is good for that also, although i've never bothered to do it.

GodMadeMePretty

I believe that daily conditioner washes can be damaging in hard water. My hair got incredibly hard and tangled when I did conditioner washes on an almost daily basis when unbeknownst to me, the salt had run out of my water softener.

Leshia

i have to do them just about daily when i'm about 7 or 8 weeks post relaxer...or else, my hair is dry and I can't get a comb through it. For me, there is no tangling and it helps my hair to break less.

lunalight7

I am going to stretch out my relaxers from now on so I will be trying them soon. Nexxus Ensure (Clarifying Conditioner) really "flattened" my new growth last wash, so perhaps I'll try them with that. Kinda expensive for condit. washes though...but hey...whatever works!

lunalight7

I am going to stretch out my relaxers from now on so I will be trying them soon. Nexxus Ensure (Clarifying Conditioner) really "flattened" my new growth last wash, so perhaps I'll try them with that. Kinda expensive for condit. washes though...but hey...whatever works!

CaramelKiss

My hair loves conditioning washes! I was doing it this past summer every day. But it's easier to do when your hair is short and your hair doesn't require extensive styling, i.e. rollers, curling iron. My hair is curly and so I have to wet it everyday so eliminate the frizz. When I was unable to condition wash every day, I would spritz it with disitlled water. Anyhow, my hair has thrived and it's never been healthier. I recently, went back to flat ironing, but I've stopped that. I can't wait for the warm weather so I can cw again and not to mention, there's a whole bunch of conditioners I wanna try out as well!