Optimum-Care Anti-Breakage Therapy by Soft Sheen Carson - Anyone tried this line?

ebonylocs

I have used this and I really like it .

Did it do what it promised, i.e. make your hair stronger? I'm really looking for prods that *seriously* improve strength and elasticity. (While keeping hair moist.)

Which items in the line have you used and what do you like about them?

Yoshi3329

I know it has ceramides in it. It's on the ceramide product list in the "ceramide challenge thread."

*C00KIE*

I use it and I love it. Cermacides has improved my hair. My hair was always dry, frizzy and ALWAYS a knotty mess. LOVE IT.

MissHoney26

Hopefully more reviews come in but I saw someone's progress pics and she had great results with the line I forgot who she was but it wasn't too long ago and I've been wanting to try it!

Rae81

i used the shampoo and conditioner, i used it before i found this board and didnt know anything about protein or ceramides, i just know my hair liked it. it didnt leave my hair feeling like it was stripped or like it had a film on it. i need to go get somemore since i ran out.

ebonylocs

Thanks, chicas! More reviews welcome please.

I'll check out Luna de Miel and see her results. I did do a search, but nothing came up.

silenttullip

I used the shampoo like 4 years ago been thinking about going back to it. Gave me some major softness but not sure about strength

LunadeMiel

Hey :wave:
I haven't used this system but I do use their Optimum salon repair line. I use the Cleanser (shampoo), reconstructor, deep conditioner, Elasticity rebuilder and the hair and scalp equalizer. This is the only line of products that I use and will continue to use. I can say with 100% certainty that my hair is 100X times better since I've started using the softsheen carson products. I think people really sleep on this line. I also use their finishing cream when I wear my hair curly.

1. Cleanser - This shampoo is awesome because it will get the hair very clean and soft. This is the only shampoo that I can actually comb my hair while it's on it.
2. Reconstructor- Leaves hair feeling very strong. You should not comb your hair while this is on it since it tends to make the strands very stiff
3. Deep conditioner- Is applied after the reconstructor. It leaves the hair very soft
4. Elasticity rebuilder - Is applied as a leave in conditioner. This too leaves your hair feeling very soft and strong. It leaves the hair with a slightly coated feeling though. Whenever I use this my hair still has a lot of body and swang lol.
5. Hair and scalp equalizer- I use sparingly when my hair feels a bit dry.

Last edited:

ebonylocs

Hey :wave:
I haven't used this system but I do use their Optimum salon repair line. I use the Cleanser (shampoo), reconstructor, deep conditioner, Elasticity rebuilder and the hair and scalp equalizer. This is the only line of products that I use and will continue to use. I can say with 100% certainty that my hair is 100X times better since I've started using the softsheen carson products. I think people really sleep on this line. I also use their finishing cream when I wear my hair curly.

1. Cleanser - This shampoo is awesome because it will get the hair very clean and soft. This is the only shampoo that I can actually comb my hair while it's on it.
2. Reconstructor- Leaves hair feeling very strong. You should not comb your hair while this is on it since it tends to make the strands very stiff
3. Deep conditioner- Is applied after the reconstructor. It leaves the hair very soft
4. Elasticity rebuilder - Is applied as a leave in conditioner. This too leaves your hair feeling very soft and strong. It leaves the hair with a slightly coated feeling though. Whenever I use this my hair still has a lot of body and swang lol.
5. Hair and scalp equalizer- I use sparingly when my hair feels a bit dry.

Thanks for your reply, luna. I might check out that line too.

ebonylocs

Thanks for your reply, luna. I might check out that line too.

BTW, I just found out that the Optimum Salon Repair Line has been discontinued. LunadeMiel, are you having any trouble finding it? I know we still have it on the shelves in the country where I live, I guess we are on a kind of time lag.

Ese88

i havent but i just purchased the relaxer for my next touch up so hopefully it will be good

Ayesha81

Hi!

I haven't used the line but I use Breakthru Fortifying Moisturizing Shampoo and it is great. It makes my hair soft and shiny.

ebonylocs

i havent but i just purchased the relaxer for my next touch up so hopefully it will be good

Ese88 - How did this relaxer work out for you? I'm thinking of getting it for my next relaxer. Last couple of times I used Mizani Butter Blends, and I like the moisturised feeling I get from it. But I would like to use something that gives me a bit more of punch of strength and elasticity.

Ese88

Ese88 - How did this relaxer work out for you? I'm thinking of getting it for my next relaxer. Last couple of times I used Mizani Butter Blends, and I like the moisturised feeling I get from it. But I would like to use something that gives me a bit more of punch of strength and elasticity.

hey, I didnt get a chance to use it and ended up giving it away because I decided to go natural and did the big chop