Dax Roots products (petro,silicone +mineral oil free)

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I was just browsing my local bss the other day and this new product line from DAX caught my eye.

there is an olive cream,Hair Mayonnaise,Bergamot Butter and jojoba oil. i think they have a shampoo and conditioner too. has anyone tried?

SelfStyled

Sounds promising. I wonder what the ingredients actually are. I have always liked Dax products. I love that these companies are actually getting it. We do not want junk in our hair or on or scalps! I swear money talks, that is no lie.

claud-uk

Hair Mayonnaise:

• Conditioner enhances shine; smooths; and strengthens hair
  • Reduces breakage
  • Soothes dry scalp
  • Protects hair against chemicals and heat
  • Petrolatum and mineral oil free

DAX ROOTS Hair Mayonnaise is a revitalizing deep conditioning treatment, rich in nutrients to help strengthen hair and reduce breakage. Natural oils and emollients enhance shine, soothe dry scalp and help protect hair against free radicals. Feel the difference and treat your hair to luxurious moisture and renewed strength. The DAX ROOTS line has vitamin rich, moisturizing, and strengthening ingredients to help nourish the hair from root to tip.

Benefits:

• Behentrimonium Methosulfate — Super conditioning moisturizer
  • Almond Oil, Avocado Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Jojoba Seed Extract, Sesame Seed Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Safflower Flower Extract, Cotton Seed Oil, Urtica Dioica (Nettle), Rosemary Leaf, Arctium Lappa Root, Betula Alba Bark, Rosa Canina Fruit, Carrageenan, Dandelion Root, Horsetail Extract, Wild Cherry Bark, Echinacea Purpurea, Sambucus Nigra Flower, Coltsfoot Leaf, Rumex Crispus Root, Brewers Yeast — Specifically blended oils to maximize moisturization, shine and overall strength of hair and minimize breakage, allowing hair to grow long and full.
  • Wheat Protein — helps strengthen hair
  • Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride — Adds slip and ease of combing through hair minimizing breakage when combing or brushing.
  • Hydrolyzed Collagen — Helps rejuvenate hair.
  • Albumen (Dried Egg Whites) — helps strengthen hair

:lick: ... Sounds like this could be a new cholesterol of choice, most of them have mineral oil as the first or second ingredient :sad:

MilkChocolateOne

Dax Roots Olive Cream
http://texasbeautysupplies.com/dax011.html
Ingredients: water (aqua), olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, sorbitan monostearate, glycerin, macadamia intergrifolia seed oil, floramac 10: e thyl macadamiate, polysorbate 20, cetyl alcohol, mangifera indica, (mango) seed butter, garcinia indica seed butter, carbomer, triethanolamine PEG-150, Disterate, phenoxyethanol (and) benzoic acid (and) dehydroacethic acid, fragrance disodium, EDTA, green 5.

Directions: for use as a leave in conditioner or styling cream: apply a small amount to hands, rub together and massage through towel dried hair. for added hsine apply to dry hair. comb and style as usual.

DAX ROOTS Jojoba Oil
http://texasbeautysupplies.com/dax009.html
Ingredients: Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil), Ricinus Communis (castor) Seed Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Polyethylene Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract

Directions:
•Apply desired amount and rub between palms. Massage into scalp concentrating on ends. Comb through hair to distribute evenly. Style as usual.

DAX ROOTS Hair Mayonnaise
http://texasbeautysupplies.com/dax008.html
Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Trideceth-6, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Glycerin, Behentrimounium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone PEG 7 Cocoate, C12 - 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Polyquaternium 37, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Almond Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil , Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil , Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil , Cartamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Flower Extract , Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Seed Oil , Urtica Dioica (Nettle), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Arctium Lappa Root, Betula Alba Bark , Rosa Canina Fruit , Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Taraxacum Officinale (Dandelian) Root , Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail), Echinacea Purpurea, Sambucus Nigra Flower, tussilago farfara (Colts foot) leaf, rumex crispus root, brewer yeast, hydrolyzed wheat protein, cuar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, hydrolyzed collagen, albumen (dries egg whites), tridecylstearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dica Similar items of Dax Roots Hair Mayonnaise that you may like:

Directions
For use as a regular conditioner: After shampooing, apply DAX Hair Mayonnaise generously, massage into scalp and comb through hair. Leave on hair for 3 minutes. Rinse hair with cool water to seal cuticle and style as usual.
For use as a deep conditioning hair mask: Shampoo and condition as usual. Apply DAX Hair Mayonnaise generously, massage into scalp and comb through hair. Cover head with a damp, warm towel or plastic cap for 15 minutes. Rinse hair with cool water to seal cuticle and style as usual. For best results use at least once weekly as a hair mask.

Dax Root Bergamot Butter

http://texasbeautysupplies.com/dax010.html
Ingredients: aqua, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), alcohol, behentrimonium, methosulfate, glycerin, cyclomethicone, PEG 100 stearate, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, citrus auranium, bergamia (bergamot) fruit extract, prunus amygdlus dulcis (sweet) almond oil, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, helianthus annus (sunflower) seed oil, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed extract, seasamum indicum (sesame) seed oil, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) flower extract, gossypium herbaceum (cotton) seed oil, triethanolamine, fragrance(parfum), phenoxyethanol (and) benzoic acid (and) dehydroacetic acid, DC red,33

Direction: for use as a hair and scalp treatment: apply a small amount to scalp and hair. massage and style as usual. for use as a styling aid: apply a small amount to towel dry hair. start at ends and work up. scrunch for curls or style as usual. For added shine and frizz control, apply directly to dry hair.

youtube review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWL2uqO6XEs

more reviews in this thread
http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/specials-coupon-codes/14303-dax-roots-line-free-samples.html

Last edited:

faithVA

Cool. We used to use DAX back in the day. My mom still has a jar of DAX from hmm, I don't remember when. Its sitting in the cabinet.

The ingredients look good. But the conditioner has dimethicone :nono: Dang, I was so optimistic. But I may check out the bergamot butter as a sealer. I haven't been to the bss i a while.

Thanks OP

Angel of the North

I loved the Dax supergro in the white tub back in the day, I couldn't get down with the other ones, too thick and greasy for me. The butters and the oil look ok though.

ravenhairedcharm

I can't believe I haven't heard of this yet, though I'm a bit disappointed with the pricing. Seems like everyone can make a mineral oil free product, claim to have "natural" ingredients and then jack up the price simply because they know people will buy it for that reason alone. :ohwell: I still want to try the mayo :look:

faithVA

I can't believe I haven't heard of this yet, though I'm a bit disappointed with the pricing. Seems like everyone can make a mineral oil free product, claim to have "natural" ingredients and then jack up the price simply because they know people will buy it for that reason alone. :ohwell: I still want to try the mayo :look:

I thought the prices were reasonable. Everything was less than $10. And for a natural product that is fair.

ravenhairedcharm

I thought the prices were reasonable. Everything was less than $10. And for a natural product that is fair.

I was going by their site prices which was between $12-14, I have not seen them in store, but thanks for letting me know. I typically don't like to spend too much on hair products as a student.

Last edited:

faithVA

I was going by their site prices which was between $12-14, I have not seen them in store, but thanks for letting me know. I typically don't like to spend too much on hair products as a student.

Ok, I was looking at the links OP posted. I will have to check to see if they sell them in this area and see how much they are in store.

greenandchic

ravenhairedcharm faithVA SelfStyled

The olive cream was $7.99 at the BSS.

It almost feels like a water based "grease", not really fitting to use all over your hair. Its something that works on the edges or to seal your ends. I used it to keep my edges in place today but Ill see how my hair feels the next day given how heavy it is. They do call it a "styling cream" on the label. They also used the words, "leave-in" but I wouldn't consider it a leave-in in the way I define what a leave-in is.

It has a slightly sweet scent to it, but the old school Dax "grease" smell overpowered it. Its actually kinda nostalgic in a way and not at all offensive (to me).

faithVA

@ravenhairedcharm @faithVA @SelfStyled

The olive cream was $7.99 at the BSS.

It almost feels like a water based "grease", not really fitting to use all over your hair. Its something that works on the edges or to seal your ends. I used it to keep my edges in place today but Ill see how my hair feels the next day given how heavy it is. They do call it a "styling cream" on the label. They also used the words, "leave-in" but I wouldn't consider it a leave-in in the way I define what a leave-in is.

It has a slightly sweet scent to it, but the old school Dax "grease" smell overpowered it. Its actually kinda nostalgic in a way and not at all offensive (to me).

Thanks. I could use something to seal my ends. For $8 its worth a try. Your hair is a finer and wavier than mine. It may work fine on my 4b hair because it tends to like heavy product. It may be just what I am looking for as the 3r step in my LOC. I want to try the Bergamot though but need to read up some more.

greenandchic

Thanks. I could use something to seal my ends. For $8 its worth a try. Your hair is a finer and wavier than mine. It may work fine on my 4b hair because it tends to like heavy product. It may be just what I am looking for as the 3r step in my LOC. I want to try the Bergamot though but need to read up some more.

I was thinking it would be good for your hair since your're still in the TWA stage. If anything, it would make a good protector from the weather.

faithVA

[USER=1042 said:
Kurlee[/USER];17784211]dax roots!! you can see the ingredients on the sally's website.:yep:

Please share the link with us. I didn't find dax roots on the Sally's site. I only saw the old products.

Here is the link to the Dax site for anyone who is interested.
http://www.imperialdax.com/

trinity8mod8

I went to my local Sally's today looking for the hair mayonnaise, but they didn't have any of these products, just the old ones :ohwell:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
so has anyone tried it yet? i am really pushing it with my stash right now. im trying not to buy any new products for a while....

faithVA

so has anyone tried it yet? i am really pushing it with my stash right now. im trying not to buy any new products for a while....

No. I am reducing my stash as well. I wanted to go to the bss and looked but resisted. I need to use up many more products in February before I go buy something else.