Castor Oil and Hair Growth

vpoetic

I just read this thread a couple of day ago and I started putting castor oil on my eye brows and eyelashes and I am already starting to see results. A couple of years ago I had an accident and I cut m eyebrows and they never grow back. I tried all kinds of expensive product and I saw little no result. Yet the answer has been in my bathroom all this time:yawn: Thats funny.

BrownSkin2

When I first went natural, I had some thin spots in my crown area from overprocessed relaxers I did hot oil treatments with castor oil for about 6 months and those spots thickened back up.

LiberianGirl

Castor oil has done wonders for my hair. It has help stop breakage, prevent dry scalp, as well as moisturize and condition. I just ordered some more JBCO and can't wait till it gets here!:grin:

ReddTweetyB

I've read that castor oil promotes hair thickness and as baaaaaaadddd as I want thicker hair, I don't know why I hadn't tried it yet. I'm definately going to try it on my lashes. I think thick long lashes are absolutely beautiful. I'm trying it on my brows too as they are very thin. I have some upstairs, I'm starting tonight.:grin:

Dare~to~Dream

I do not used C O for hair grow but for the first time in years, I started having problems with acne - bumps and all which leave spots. I tried almost everything but nothing dries it up until I started rubbing castor oil on. The spots haven't totally cleared up yet but no more bumps and my face is looking much better.

Funny you mentioned this...I had the opposite reaction. Several years ago, I was using castor oil to seal my hair and apparently I used too much. It was the kind from Wal-Mart :drunk: and it broke my face out something terrible. I could change the pillow cases every night to no avail. I vowed to never use it again (at least not on my hair). I had to go to the aesthetician a few times to get rid of the hyperpigmentation (one big blemish on the side of my face where I'd slept). I am now considering using this on my eyelashes though....and I may make a scalp oil out of it (with jaborandi leaves as on overnight scalp oil treatment before washing it out)...however I will not use it on the length of my hair. I will try the Black Castor Oil once I decide if I'm going to use it again.

Aggie

I'd probably never use castor oil on my lashes but I do like how it thickened my hair when I did use it. I think it's time to pull it back out of it's hiding place and start using it again. Thanks for the reminder.