Anyone know of any REALLY good daily moisturizers for RELAXED heads??????

LadyBklyn

Hey everyone! This is my FIRST post EVER and I'm so EXCITED! :grin: Anyways, I really do want to know if any of you ladies know of a GREAT moisturizer that actually does work?! Because it seems all I keep ending up with is ones that are either watery to the point of no return or just make my hair plain oily. So, any suggestions? :perplexed

Americka

Welcome! Can you tell us which moisturizers you have already tried? Again, welcome to LHCF!

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive

MsLauren

When I was relaxed I really liked Giovanni Direct Leave In. It was very light & didn't weigh my hair down.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
When I was relaxed, Hawaiian Silky 14in1 and Qhemet Olive & Honey Hair Balm were the best EVAR.

LadyBklyn

Thanks guys! And of course I've shoulda included that info. Lol I have Hawaiian silky 14 in 1, ORS hair lotion. Elasta qp olive oil & mango butter, Hollywood beauty carrot oil hair lotion, Pantene pro v relaxed and natural daily moisturizer, and oh yes I have scurl too (it's IS great on new growth!) apogee pro vitamin leave in, African pride olive oil miracle moisturizer lotion, Africa's best organics olive oil growth lotion, and I'm sure if I dug in my crates, I'd be able to name more. Lol smh Basically I'm a drugstore, local bss type of girl.... Lol THOUGH I have and am ALWAYS willing to buy online.:yep:

LadyBklyn

When I was relaxed, Hawaiian Silky 14in1 and Qhemet Olive & Honey Hair Balm were the best EVAR.
I love Hawaiian silky 14 in 1 up until its time to flat iron. Smh makes my hair close to impossible to hold a curl or straighten. Think it's the glycerin cause the same things can be said about the scurl.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Americka

I like (in no particular order) Most of these are On-Line Vendors *and I'm sure I forgot some*

Hairveda's Whipped Ends Hydration, Red Tea Moisturizing Hair Creme

Darcy's Botanicals
Transitioning Hair Creme
Daily Leave-In
Peach Kernel Hair Milk

Hairitage Hydrations (ETSY)
Clouds both Mango Tango and Avocado Clouds

Saravun's (ETSY)
Castor Hair Creme
Broccoli Hair Creme

Qhemet Biologics
Burdock Root Hair Creme
Amala Olive Heavy Creme
Coco Tree Detangling Ghee

My Honey Child
Various Lotions

Tiiva Naturals
Green Tea Moisturizer

Claudie Hair Revitalizer
Various Hair Cremes & Lotions

Hydratherma Naturals
Hair Lotion

BeeMine
Luscious Hair Creme

Donna Marie
Super Butter Hair Creme

Ms. Tiki

I would add Hairitage Hydrations' Sprout and Happy Hempy.

IDareT'sHair How do you like the broccoli hair creme? I have been debating buying that one for months.

Sorry OP! I'm a junkie and I can't help myself.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Ms. Tiki

You should get them both. The consistency is perfect for Relaxed Hair. I think you'd love them.

Nice size jars and it's priced right.

I Agree about Happy Hempy and of course Sprout. I also love Jar of Joe, the Silk and Aloe and Coconut Yuzu.

The Macadamia Lotion is very nice as well.

Americka

- NTM Leave in and Lacio Lacio (flat ironed) - Carefree Curl Gold (braid outs, roller sets)

LadyBklyn

So did I. :yep: Welcome OP! (Brooklyn in da house!)
Lol and you already know!

- NTM Leave in and Lacio Lacio (flat ironed) - Carefree Curl Gold (braid outs, roller sets) I was just looking at that lacio lacio today! Smh I KNEW I shoulda bought it!

When I was relaxed I loved to use Neutrogena Triple Moisture leave-in.
And I'm gonna try that too! Lol

@Americka

I like (in no particular order) Most of these are On-Line Vendors *and I'm sure I forgot some*

Hairveda's Whipped Ends Hydration, Red Tea Moisturizing Hair Creme

Darcy's Botanicals
Transitioning Hair Creme
Daily Leave-In
Peach Kernel Hair Milk

Hairitage Hydrations (ETSY)
Clouds both Mango Tango and Avocado Clouds

Saravun's (ETSY)
Castor Hair Creme
Broccoli Hair Creme

Qhemet Biologics
Burdock Root Hair Creme
Amala Olive Heavy Creme
Coco Tree Detangling Ghee

My Honey Child
Various Lotions

Tiiva Naturals
Green Tea Moisturizer

Claudie Hair Revitalizer
Various Hair Cremes & Lotions

Hydratherma Naturals
Hair Lotion

BeeMine
Luscious Hair Creme

Donna Marie
Super Butter Hair Creme
You gonna have my dh go crazy on me! Lol Because I'm ready to buy at least a FEW tonight! Lol

I would add Hairitage Hydrations' Sprout and Happy Hempy.

IDareT'sHair How do you like the broccoli hair creme? I have been debating buying that one for months.

Sorry OP! I'm a junkie and I can't help myself.
Oh trust, ask away because I'm a product junkie myself:drunk:

Thanks for all the replies guys! Keep 'em coming!

Dposh167

drugstore moisturizers are crap.

try the vendors other posters have suggested in this thread. i use some of them and i'm relaxed

Brownie518

Hey LadyBklyn

Here are a few that I like:

Claudie's Hair Frappe
Hairitage Hydration Jar of Joe
Hairitage Hydration Soft & Creamy Macadamia or Jojoba
Saravun Broccoli Hair creme (the creme, not the butter)
Claudie's Moisturizing Quinoa Coffee creme
Hairveda Red Tea cream

SuchaLady

I tried one for natural hair. Beautiful Textures Curl Creme I believe it's called. I highly recommend it. It's sold at Sally's.

Sent from my DROID3 using LHCF

LadyBklyn

SuchaLady said:
I tried one for natural hair. Beautiful Textures Curl Creme I believe it's called. I highly recommend it. It's sold at Sally's.

Sent from my DROID3 using LHCF

Curl creme as a moisturizer? Does that make your hair curly? Or rather wavy for us relaxed folks?

kinkycurlygurl

You might try spritzing with plain water and sealing with a tiny bit of coconut oil. It's not fancy, but it works for me and it's really easy on the pocket.

Evolving78

When I was relaxed I loved to use Neutrogena Triple Moisture leave-in.

this! it is creamy enough where it isn't watery, but doesn't make your hair oily. it dry instantly and doesn't make your hair limp. i like the watery moisturizers since they work great on my new growth and aborbs on contact.

i don't use a moisturizer when i flat iron my hair. i only flat iron on wash day, after i have dc'ed, and applied my leave-ins and serum.

LadyBklyn

kinkycurlygurl said:
You might try spritzing with plain water and sealing with a tiny bit of coconut oil. It's not fancy, but it works for me and it's really easy on the pocket.

That sounds easy enough! I can try that tonight. Im kinda sorta heavy handed though. So do you section, spritz it down then apply a tiny (how much is tiny lol) bit of coconut oil? Okay call me simple but can you bless us with a breakdown? Lol

LadyBklyn

shortdub78 said:
this! it is creamy enough where it isn't watery, but doesn't make your hair oily. it dry instantly and doesn't make your hair limp. i like the watery moisturizers since they work great on my new growth and aborbs on contact.

i don't use a moisturizer when i flat iron my hair. i only flat iron on wash day, after i have dc'ed, and applied my leave-ins and serum.

So how do you keep your hair from getting dry? Do you just use oils?

Evolving78

So how do you keep your hair from getting dry? Do you just use oils?

afterwards, i use Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Mist. it is extremely light, but watery. it dries on contact. it doesn't weight my hair down and doesn't make it damp. but it does have some form of glycerin in it, but not like Hawaiian Silky ( i have that too and would just use that for bunning). i only wear my hair down for a day or two. after that it is in my bun.

but right after i flat iron, i apply a gloss spray and keep it moving. i don't moisturize until bed time when i am wrapping my hair up for the night. now if i was wearing my hair curly and resetting it on satin rollers nightly, then i can spray my hair and it won't bother my curls. i have fine hair too. so my hair gets weighted down easily. i don't really mess with cream moisturizers anymore. but sometimes for my ends, i will you NTM. (mentioned earlier)

my picture below is a morning after flat iron pic.