NIOXIN vitamins are getting DISCONTINUED?

JudithO

My friend just went to Ulta to pick up NIOXIN vitamins on sale, and she was told that the reason why they are on sale is because they are getting discontinued. Anyone hear about this?

And I just checked amazon for the nioxin tabs on amazon here and under product details, it says it's discontinued by manufacturer... I hope this isn't true!!

Last edited:

crlsweetie912

wow, I loved these back in the day. I was going to start using them again, but I guess not if they are discontinued!

ceecy29

Phew! I was just about to make the trek up to ULTA in Queens to pick these up. Hmm! What to do?! Maybe just stock up for a 9 month supply.

It's probably because of all the cracks people have reported seeing in them.

judy4all, how good is the sale?

JudithO

Can someone call their local ulta to verify this? I want to believe that my local ulta is tripping.. lol

ceecy29

Ok, I just got off the phone with ULTA and good thing I called cos they don't even have it. The lady I spoke to didn't know if it was being discontinued, she asked her manager who said it's just the 30-day supply ones that are being discontinued. She did say that the 90 count ones were 42 bucks, so I'm not even sure if it's on sale at that location (or she just gave me the regular price because they're out of it). This is ULTA in Queens, NY. *shrug*

NaturalPath

The Ulta where I purchased mine had the 90 count for $32 and this was 4 weeks ago when I bought my supply.

This is making me sad :sad: If they really are going to discontinue it... I really like their proprietary blend and have noticed a good difference in my hair since taking them.

Oh well.... guess ill look into viviscal

Last edited:

JudithO

Ok, I just got off the phone with ULTA and good thing I called cos they don't even have it. The lady I spoke to didn't know if it was being discontinued, she asked her manager who said it's just the 30-day supply ones that are being discontinued. She did say that the 90 count ones were 42 bucks, so I'm not even sure if it's on sale at that location (or she just gave me the regular price because they're out of it). This is ULTA in Queens, NY. *shrug*

I hope it's just the 30 day ones being discontinued... Makes sense as people generally buy the 90 day supply...

ceecy29

I hope it's just the 30 day ones being discontinued... Makes sense as people generally buy the 90 day supply...

Oh well, I won't be getting my nioxin fix just yet. Thanks for making this thread, I was literally about to walk out the door. I wanted to take advantage of the $3.50 off any $10 purchase coupon that's ending today + xmas gift card. Lol, so cheap!

so judy4all, I take it you're now seeing results?

JudithO

ceecy29 IMO... not yet o... been taking these things over about 2 months now... I haven't noticed any difference vs my regular growth on my hair or nails, but like 2 days ago.. I noticed my leg hairs were longer than normal, and I have more baby hairs.... I'm supposed to start seeing results after month 2.. so I'm keeping hope alive and will get thru this bottle and maybe even one more.. to tell if they work or not.

soonergirl

Oh my.. I just purchased 2 90 count bottles from ulta last week and they were the last ones they had..hmmm I hope they wont stop making them.

billyne

i just contacted nioxin..they said they are in the middle of being reformulated, they will be re-released around April sometime. so..they are not being discontinued.

ChasingBliss

i just contacted nioxin..they said they are in the middle of being reformulated, they will be re-released around April sometime. so..they are not being discontinued.

Oh ok good. So if mine work over the next 90 days, I'll be on time for the new formula which I expect to do an equal good job if not better. Cheers to positive thinking :)

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Went to my local JC Penny because ULTA and other places were sold out. So I bought a 30 count on sale for $21. I started to purchase another bottle. When I get paid, I will go back and invest in a few more bottles. :nono: