dominican wash/set flat iron on natural hair

iri9109

Hey ladies! I haven’t updated in a while, I’ve been so busy with work and school…plus I don’t usually do anything new to my hair anyways.

i decided I needed to do something new with my hair…I had a cathartic moment and almost did a big chop to symbolize a new start, but I came to my senses and just straightened instead. I went to the Dominicans for a wash/set flat iron…even though it was raining torrentially outside :ohwell:

with my hair straight, I feel like my hair is finally growing…in lhcf land I consider my hair medium length, but in the real world im all like “he only love it when her hair long” * hair flip* :grin: :look:

regi: wash once a week, DC if I have time, twistout for the weekend, usually bun the rest of the week..some days i’ll cowash-rinse to make it easier for me to bun my hair

What im currently using: CON argan oil poo, Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie, AG Re:Coil (regular condish, but I leave it in = best curls EVER), Nubian Heritage Grow and Strengthen Treatment Mask (as a leave-in), Silk Elements Olive Oil DC, Proclaim Natural 7 Argan oil or Coconut/ Castor oil, Olive oil Eco on edges.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 290
  • Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 280
  • Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 273
  • Picture 5.jpg
    Picture 5.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 282
  • Picture 6.jpg
    Picture 6.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 266

LongLeggedLife

Your hair is very thick & beautiful (&shiny!)... but why do people take the curls out of their dominican rollerset?! Am I the only one left who likes "the body"?
It brings one single tear when I see those beautiful curls brushed & pinned down into a wrap:(

iri9109

Your hair is very thick & beautiful (&shiny!)... but why do people take the curls out of their dominican rollerset?! Am I the only one left who likes "the body"?
It brings one single tear when I see those beautiful curls brushed & pinned down into a wrap:(

i actually do like body, but my hair needed some extra taming after the rollers came out lol..i didnt know it was gonna come out that straight, but i have some flexirods in it now so that i can have some body tommorrow

RegaLady

Who cares what your hair length is in LHCF world:look:. To me, real life is all that matters,lol. Your hair is beautiful and very healthy!:yep:

LongLeggedLife

i actually do like body, but my hair needed some extra taming after the rollers came out lol..i didnt know it was gonna come out that straight, but i have some flexirods in it now so that i can have some body tommorrow

I thought they were supposed to round brush & blow dry in a way that preserves the curls? Then pin curl instead of wrap. Thats how they do it here if you ask for 'the body'.
Again it looks very nice & like it has alot of body/movement how it is, I just never see people on this site leave the curls in. I love curls, needless to sayLol.

DominicanBrazilian82

LongLeggedLife said:

I do! If they ever blow it, it's only the roots. I hate flat hair. And I refuse to sit under the dryer for an hour and have straight hair! So I always tell them roots only and if that blow dryer hits any of my length I will let them know. Even if you tell them the roots, for some reason they still try to bring that brush all the way down.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited: