Press & flatiron natural 4b hair without it revertig back to natural in 5 minutes???

natural2008

Good afternoon,
Yesterday I went to a wedding and decided to try to press and flat iron my hair which I did and it looked nice in the house, but once I began to sweat on my way to the wedding my hair was no longer straight (it was a pooooofieeeee mess). Would it be possible for you to give me some tips such as which products you use, how you do your hair, etc? I wanted to wear my hair in a lot of curls but that did not work out. Is it impossible with natural 4b hair?

Thank You :yawn:.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Re: Press & flatiron natural 4b hair without it revertig back to natural in 5 minutes

Good luck with that. I heard the Sabino moisture block is supposed to be really good. I've gotten a sample but haven't used it yet. I am dealing with the same issue. Folx around these parts say to get it professionally straightened, but i'm not feeling that :nono:

nicey

Re: Press & flatiron natural 4b hair without it revertig back to natural in 5 minutes

Yes, I know how you feel. I think I have tried everything on the market. Since I went natural, I found that my hair is so kinky, frizzy and shrinks so much that the only way it would look presentable is if i try with my might to pull it up in a pony puff or wear one of my wigs. When I try to flat iron, it's no use because I am back to square one!:rolleyes: I can't wait til this stuff grow out more!

If you try the Sabino, let us 4a's and b's naturals, know how it worked. I am looking for answers too.

PaperClip

I got an OLD SCHOOL PRESS yesterday (after being in micros for the past two months) on my fine, thin, dense 4a/b hair.... Swung so good but by the time I got home, it started puffing up just a little.... Thankfully I didn't wear it all the way down, just a swoop bang in the front.... Shoulda known better, though. Weather is in the '90s here and I sweat in my head....

natural2008

Thank you for your responses. I do recall that when I did get my hair pressed ontime in the hairshop my haur stayed straight forever, but it was damaged and I had to cut it all off :nono:.

winterinatl

All natural!

Thank you for your responses. I do recall that when I did get my hair pressed ontime in the hairshop my haur stayed straight forever, but it was damaged and I had to cut it all off :nono:.
Do a search for Sabino Moisture Block. Many natural and relaxed ladies have found success with it. You should be able to do your own hair.

Can I give some flat ironing tips?

1. Begin with clean hair
2. Use very little product after your last rinse for the best swing. >insert SMB<
3. Get the hair as straight as possible before you flat iron - blow dry it out
4. Use a good ceramic iron HOT so that you are not making multiple passes on the same section of hair.

I used to only FI on 325-350. With the SMB I up it to 400. If my hair was coarse I'd use the higher heats regardless of the SMB to get that spun silk look. IME the straighter you get it the less it reverts....

Lucky's Mom

Steam Treatments and Good heat protection will help.

Ms Lala

HOnestly I don't bother to press in the summer. Try pressing and then doing a curlier set of flexirods or something so the reversion won't be so noticeable.

MoMo

When I was natural and would get my hair pressed, I always got it done the day before. My hair needed to be wrapped or curled or whatever for a least 24 hours before it would get that silky look to it. I have never gotten my hair done the same day as an event. Even now that I am relaxed, I still have to wait about a day before I can wear my out. Once I do, my hair can withstand anything.

Candycane044

I also heard Sabino Moisture Block was a lifesaver but I personally haven't tried it yet. As someone stated earlier getting the hair as straight as possible (blow drying or airdrying in twists) before you flat iron it makes a big difference.