∞°∞°2012 Baggy Challenge!!!∞°∞°

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Come one, come all and join the 2012 Baggy Challenge! Back by popular demand! :grin:

Are you ready to pamper your tresses with moisture?

Are you ready for soft, moisturized, pliant, supple hair?

Well... are you? What are you waiting for? :grin:

Rules:

- You must baggy/GHE (green house effect) at least 4 times per week. Overnight, while cleaning the house, under a wig, under a snood, the possibilities are endless!

- You must check in each time you baggy/GHE and let us know which products you're baggying with.

- Pictures are not required, but we all know that LHCF loves the pretteh. :grin:

To join:

1) Thank this post and I'll add your name to the list of participants.

2) Tell us how many times per week you'll be baggying or GHE'ing and what products you're planning on using.

3) Enjoy drenching your hair in moisture. :spinning:

More info on GHE:

WHAT'S THE POINT, WHAT DOES IT DO?
The whole point of the entire Real Queens Regimen is to eliminate the process of using hair products that contain chemicals and start using the natural things that God created to help grow your hair…as you can see from my progress pictures, the green house effect helps to promote hair growth by creating a natural warm steamy environment that enables the natural oils from your scalp to come out and help your hair grow...it's also great for dryness because of all the moisture produced
ISN'T THE GREEN HOUSE EFFECT JUST BAGGYING?
Baggying involves using a moisturizer (which contains chemicals) and a plastic cap to help retain moisture and hydrate your hair. The green house effect is mainly to help promote hair growth in a natural way as well as restore moisture.

CAN I USE A BONNET INSTEAD OF A HEAD WRAP/SCARF?
The whole point of tying your head after putting on the plastic cap is to trap the heat that your head produces to create that "green house effect". I don't sweat very easily so I find that for me I get the best results when I tie my head with my scarf then I put on my warm hat, but you can do whatever works for you. someone mentioned that they use their satin bonnet then they put their beanie (hat) over it, and that worked for them. The main goal is to get your head to sweat a little, and you'll know if you did it right if you wake up in the morning and take the plastic cap off and see little drops of water in it and your hair is a little damp
DO YOU HAVE TO WASH THE OIL OUT?
no, you don't...the point is to not wash out the oil. It's not like a hot oil treatment where it needs to be rinsed out. simply style your hair as usual and repeat the green house effect as often as possible.
DO YOU HAVE TO REAPLY THE OIL EVERY TIME?
It depends, some peoples hair absorbs oil more then others. I find that sometimes (when i do the regimen every night) my hair still has a good amount of oil in it from the previous night so i don't need to reaply and i just skip the oil and put the shower cap on and tie my head.
DO YOU PUT ANYTHING ON YOUR SCALP?
No. The green house effect causes your scalps natural oils to come out so you want these natural oils that God created to do the job. There's no need to oil your scalp directly just put the evoo on your hair
DO YOU STILL MOISTURIZE AND SEAL?
because i only use natural products in my hair I moisturize with water and seal with evoo
CONCERNED WITH MY HAIR BEING DAMP IN THE MORNING...
your hair won't be WET just a little damp because of the moisture...when you apply a moisturizer in your hair the key ingredient is water so your hair feels a little moist...same concept...your hair will feel moist. I use water when doing the green house effect because i prefer it that way so my hair usually air dries in 15 minutes. you don't have to use water though that way your hair won't be as damp when you take the cap off.

Info on GHE was taken from here.

Tips (more will be added as they come):
- Remember that with baggying, less is more. Your hair does not need to be dripping oil to reap the benefits. A little bit of product goes a very long way.
- If whole head baggying, you'll get better results if you spray or wet your hair before moisturizing/oiling. It doesn't need to be soaking wet, just damp or a little moist.

How to baggy while in braids/twists (courtesy of bajandoc86 ):

I am currently in single braids with extensions and I GHE on a regular basis. I style my hair how i wish to have it the following day, then use saran wrap to wrap around the edges and the top of my head. So my extension ends are bunched together in a pony at the back of my head. I don't bother to wrap all the way to the ends, cause my hair isn't that long. So in the morning, my hair is moist AND well set in the style. Hope my description isnt too wacky.

Challengers:

tiffers
BlkOnyx488
Ms. Tiki
lovely_locks
bajandoc86
Shay72
youwillrise
indarican
KurlyNinja
Cendra
Platinum
Golden75
halee_J
napbella
Miniaturemom
springy_curly
NYDee
naturalpride
B_Phlyy
Ebonybunny
~Vintage Queen~
MaraWithLove
cordei
Stormy
ChocLitDoll
tallnomad
TeeWhyAre
dollface0023
Mook's hair
manter26
nubiennze
MsAminta

Last edited:

BlkOnyx488

I will baggy 5 -7 times a week.

right now I have a spray concoction
Olive Oil
Grape seed oil
sulphur powder
and water.

Ms. Tiki

I will baggy 3-5x per week

I normally baggy when I use my sulfur mix on my scalp. I have two sprays that I use, Wave Nouveau or a Rose Water/Con/oil mix

lovely_locks

Id like to join. I am on my phone and I can't thank the thread. I have never done the GHE so I will start off at 4 times a week.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using SPH-M580

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
tiffers I'm IN (DUH!) :giggle:
I will use my personal moisturising spray concoction or Oyin's Juices and Berries when I baggy. I baggy or GHE depending on my mood - I usually do either at least 6 days a week. I have seen an improvement in my moisture retention.

youwillrise

I'm in! I've been doing it with saran wrap about 3 days a week or so, but I wanna upgrade to at least 5 days...I know some days ill just be too tired, so I won't push it and commit to 7 lol. I will do 3 overnights and 2 quicker baggy sessions.

What I use will depend on my mood and what I think is best. Might just be water & castor oil...might slap on one of my ao conditioners...might not use anything and just wrap it up in plastic. I'm also finding (for me) that spraying protein (hydrolyzed keratin diluted) before moisture helps since I'm highly porous and have trouble holding onto moisture. Probabaly won't do that every time, but maybe twice a weekish

indarican

I'm so in!!!!

I'll be bagging under my wig at least 3 days a week and ghe'ing at night at least 6 night a week

Last edited:

KurlyNinja

I'm in. Baggying with no product always leaves my hair so moisturized in the morning. Dont really know why I stopped doing it.

I'll be baggying 5-7x a week.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
tiffers - please add me in phone so I can't thank. I got a bag on my head right now!

I will baggy/ghe at minimum 4x per week. I really notice a difference in my hair when I don't

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Count me in tiffers, I plan to baggy nightly :yep:

ETA: I plan to whole head baggy while in cornrows.

Last edited:

lovely_locks

I full baggie dmy full head and used coconut, avacado, and castor oil. It was a fail. Only my edges where damp. I don't think that I got a very good seal. I used a plastic bag ( grocery) and a doo-rag on top. I am going to try again tonight.

tiffers

lovely_locks Oh no! That really stinks.

A few things to keep in mind when baggying your whole head:

- A little product goes a loooong way

- Spraying your hair before moisturizing and baggying gives the best results. If you don't dampen your hair first, the results won't be all that great.

You can spray with plain water, or you can mix a little bit of oil/moisturizer/conditioner in there for an extra boost of yummy. :lick:

youwillrise

I think I wanna change the baggy routine...I'm gonna baggy one day and then rinse/condition (or dc) on the alternate day.

Edit: I didn't even realize this posted lol...I didn't even finish!

Last edited:

Miniaturemom

I'm in. Will whole head baggy at least 3x per week. Will try to add overnight ghe to the regimen. Using water/aloe vera/ s-curl mix or maybe a new concoction.

springy_curly

Sign me up!
I'm going to baggy or GHE 4-5 times a week. I'll be alternating or mixing olive oil, coconut oil, and castor oil. And when I baggy I'll use whatever leave-in conditioner I have laying around, right now that is Giovanni Direct.

Good luck ladies!

tiffers

You ladies ready to have deliciously moisturized hair in new year? :grin:

indarican

I have been baggying for the majority of the day. I will be cowashing tonight and oil my scalp with mtg mixture then ghe for the night

tiffers

Sprayed my hair with water, moisturized with Marie Dean Herbal Henna Cream and Sara Vun Brocolli Seed Butter, then massaged Camille Rose Ultimate Growth Oil into my scalp. I'll be GHE'ing overnight. :spinning:

naturalpride

I plan to baggy 5-7 days a week rotating between Oyin Hair Dew, Oyin Wipped Pudding, Qhemet Burdock Root Butter Cream, Qhemet Amla and Olive Heavy Cream, Qhemet Moringa Ghee and the Bee Min Lucious Moisturizer. I will seal with Qhemet Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm or Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I'm in. I will be whole head baggying 3-5 days a week. I'll use whatever I have on hand.

Cendra

Baggying tonight with distilled water and coconut oil.

Happy growing and moisturizing, ladies!