How Much Biotin do you take a day

KhandiB

I bought these Hair, Skin and Nail Vitamins and they want you to take 3 vitamins a day...

That seems kind of excessive to me.. each pill has 3,000 mcg of Biotin...

or if you Take HSN Vitamins does your brand indicate the same thing?

Aalize

I'm not taking a hair vitamin at this current time. But 3000mcg is only 3 grams.....I would think that was the average amount of biotin based on everyone elses posts.

If you're scared start of slow, taking only 1 pill a day and build yourself up over a long period of time.

ETA: Are you sure each pill has 3000mcg? Are you sure the 3000mcg isn't for the total serving (3 pills)?

EMJazzy

Happily retired
My multi vitamin contains 600mcg Biotin
My B-Complex vitamin contains 150mcg Biotin
The straight up Biotin pill I take is 5mg

KhandiB

hehehehe.. I should read ... LOLOL

It is 3=3000mcg ... :lol:

Aalize said:
I'm not taking a hair vitamin at this current time. But 3000mcg is only 3 grams.....I would think that was the average amount of biotin based on everyone elses posts.

If you're scared start of slow, taking only 1 pill a day and build yourself up over a long period of time.

ETA: Are you sure each pill has 3000mcg? Are you sure the 3000mcg isn't for the total serving (3 pills)?

wadadligyal

KhandiB said:
hehehehe.. I should read ... LOLOL

It is 3=3000mcg ... :lol:

Yeah I think it is 3000mcg in each serving size which is 3 pills so all 3 pills together have this amount not just 1 pill

Aalize

That's a lot marie! Are you taking any other supplements? How much growth are you getting monthly?

thx

Tee

I take 3000mcg also. :)

Aalize said:

Tee

I take 3000mcg also. :)

Aalize said:

*Frisky*

Aalize said:
That's a lot marie! Are you taking any other supplements? How much growth are you getting monthly?

thx

I take horsetail and and iron pill as well. I also take GNC Ultra Nourish Hair about 3 times a week. I usually get at least an inch per month sometimes more since I have been applying MN and have increased my protein intake....

MizaniMami

KhandiB said:
Is it a one a day pill?

I take 5000mcg a day (from one pill, from drugstore.com).

Your body can absorb up to 3000mcg a day. The rest your body will just pee out. It won't buildup and cause toxitity. So really anything more than 3000 mcg is a waste.

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
MizaniMami said:
I take 5000mcg a day (from one pill, from drugstore.com).

Your body can absorb up to 3000mcg a day. The rest your body will just pee out. It won't buildup and cause toxitity. So really anything more than 3000 mcg is a waste.

Yep! :yep:

But, remember to adjust dosage according to your body weight as well. Many of the vitamin and mineral recommendations (RDA) is based on an average adult weight (for women, it’s like 5’ 4”, 140 pounds—or something like that). If you weigh less then 2 mg. (that 2000 mcg) is probably fine. If you weigh more, 5 mg (that’s 5000 mcg) is probably just right.

I take 5 mg. :grin: