Naturals, how do you maintain your flat ironed hair?

SoCalli

If I'm good, I go a week. If I'm bad, like a usually am, I go two weeks. That two weeks is a nightmare though. My scalp is usually on fire that last week. However, I'm lazy and get tired of doing it every week. I maintain it by wrapping it, putting it in two low bantu knots, or putting it in one bun.

alizwa

I also pin curl my hair every night, comes out a treat the next day.
I have found that this is the best method to keep my natural hair straight, but also give it a lott of bounce and sheen.

Kurly K

about a week or two depends on how much im missing my curls....i jus wrap at nite touch up here and thr what gets wet

Allandra

About 7 to 10 days. This is what I do (and it works for me). If I'm going to get my hair blow dried and flat ironed, it's always deep conditioned (really good) beforehand (which helps with moisture). Prior to blow drying, my stylist puts serum (Paul Mitchell Super Skinny line) on my hair and a little relaxing balm (looks like serum; Paul Mitchell Super Skinny line). http://www.paulmitchell.com/Products...axingBalm.aspx Each night before putting on my satin scarf, I apply a few drops of serum to my hands, rub together and apply to my hair. This keeps my hair looking great and feeling great (like silk) until I'm ready to shampoo it again.

CenteredGirl

I live in a rainy climate and have no problem keeping my hair straight until my next wash day (usually a week).

I attribute it to regular deep conditioning with heat.

During the week, I'm in bantu knots or use solar rollers to sleep in. Each morning and night I use a bit of oil to keep the moisture in.

Nola Darling

I also have to pin curl my hair at night. I can't go more than 1 week or my scalp itches and my hair gets all dry and nasty. I also use coconut oil in my pin curls every night. Just a tab bit.

BostonMaria

My hair gets dry after 3 days so in order to make it last 5-7 days I have to apply coconut oil before rollersetting.

At night I do a high "pineapple" with a scrunchie and my hair comes out really nice in the morning.

ImFree27

My hair is straight now and I pincurl it at night to keep it up, I only keep it for a week and then wear my natural hair for tthe next 3 weeks or month...

clarity2008

My hair gets dry after 3 days so in order to make it last 5-7 days I have to apply coconut oil before rollersetting.

At night I do a high "pineapple" with a scrunchie and my hair comes out really nice in the morning.

What exactly do you mean by a "pineapple"? TIA

lilmsjanet

im not natural but i find that after i wash my hair put my leave in conditioner in while its still wet let it air dry in sections then i put in my organix coconut milk anti breakage serum aka my heat protectant and then straighten my hair and then when im done i just use amla lite from there on out to moisturize my hair which i usually only keep straight for a week:yep:

rabs77

Wrapping, using Macherieamour's technique. Im able to keep my hair pressed for weeks. I pressed my hair a month ago and it's still holding:look: yes I haven't washed my hair in a month...bite me!:lachen:

ElegantExotic

My stylist and I both use Kerastase products. She rollersets my hair, and sometimes follows wit a blow dry and flat irons with the ceramic iron, or some times she just flat irons it after removing the rollers.

I maintain it with Kerastase Oleo-Relax Serum, and a high twisted ponytail. My curls last all week, and sometimes two weeks (but I live on a humid island and in te summer it can be hard to make it past a week.)

I find that moisure is key, and she gives me a dual treatment, kerastase aqua oleum for 10 mins with a hair and scalp massage, followed by masquintense under heat. My hair is so soft and moisturized after.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Two weeks. I usually cross wrap it and if I want a little body I'll do one big pin curl or a loose bantu knot.

amara11

Proper DC'ing before. I look at it like this. Humidity affects dry hair the worst. When your hair is thirsty- it swells up to the high heavens at the slightest inkling of moisture. It little "reaches out" to get some! lol. If I DC well before and use a good heat protectant (doubling as a sealer) I'm cool.

I also wear hoodies (with a bonnet underneath) when it's really humid or rainy. Ppl used to ask me how the heck I could keep my presses for weeks through really nasty weather, it was all b/c I was psycho with the bonnet! :lachen:

brownsugarflyygirl

2-3 weeks....Ive always been hair lazy. I just add sweet almond oil to the ends and wrap it every night or sometimes I just through a satin cap on and whatever happens in the morning happens.