Design Essentials Strengthening Therapy System

BeautyGoesDutch

Does anyone know where I can buy this product? I don't trust salons anymore and I no longer know a stylist can someone lead me down the right path. I have been wanting to try this for some time now. Do anyone know if this has chemicals in it?

Angelinhell

Amcd said:
BeautyGoesDutch I just saw it for sale online at Payne's Beauty Supply. Give a review please if you use it.

I just saw it there too, 8 oz bottle for $167.00. What exactly is it supposed to do for that much money, geez?
Anyway, here's a review from the DE website:
" My stylist applied the product about 6 weeks ago. I guess I was expecting a miracle. I am 9 months into transitioning and I wanted to try this because Design Essensials was my product of choice when I had a relaxer. Upon application, the product was ok until heat was applied to my hair. The strong fumes were practically making me gag. It wore off after a few minutes and it was ok. The results were beautiful! My hair was long with body and bounce. I was sooooo pleased. I am now 6 weeks into this product and I think the honeymoon is over. I guess I assumed since the product promises to last up to 12 weeks, I thought I would get at least 8 weeks. Considering the price that my stylist charges, I'm not sure if this will be worth it for me if it only last for 6 weeks. It's a great concept and I believe it's a great product. I would likely try it again maybe after it has been on the market for a while and Design has worked all of the kinks out - no pun intended. All in all, the product does what it claims. You will have straight, frizz free hair for a number of weeks depending on your hair type."

BeautyGoesDutch

I just saw it there too, 8 oz bottle for $167.00. What exactly is it supposed to do for that much money, geez?
" My stylist applied the product about 6 weeks ago. I guess I was expecting a miracle. I am 9 months into transitioning and I wanted to try this because Design Essensials was my product of choice when I had a relaxer. Upon application, the product was ok until heat was applied to my hair. The strong fumes were practically making me gag. It wore off after a few minutes and it was ok. The results were beautiful! My hair was long with body and bounce. I was sooooo pleased. I am now 6 weeks into this product and I think the honeymoon is over. I guess I assumed since the product promises to last up to 12 weeks, I thought I would get at least 8 weeks. Considering the price that my stylist charges, I'm not sure if this will be worth it for me if it only last for 6 weeks. It's a great concept and I believe it's a great product. I would likely try it again maybe after it has been on the market for a while and Design has worked all of the kinks out - no pun intended. All in all, the product does what it claims. You will have straight, frizz free hair for a number of weeks depending on your hair type."

:lol::lol: :lol: That's what I said " Is this pure gold" lol I just can't pay 167

Harina

Bump for responses. BKT was not that bad too me. It was just a lot of hassle. But I'd be interested in undergoing a similar process again. I didn't get straight hair just more defined curls.

luckiestdestiny

Not a bkt. It's a cysteine treatment. You can read about it in the bkt alternative thread for people who DON"T want to have a bkt. It adds amino acids to your hair which is good because it's both moisturizing and strengthening. The weight of the aminos weighs your hair down hence keeping it straighter and frizz free until they wear off. I have been watching this for about a year and will dive in this summer for a frizz free summer. I know a lot about it through research and watching others who did the treatment. Also they recommend less heat than bkts at 375 to seal in the product...and only 2 or 3 passes (versus 450 and 7-10 for bkts)....so I'm like sweet. I don't want to heat damage my hair.

yodie

I have the treatment and I absolutely LOVE it and would NOT be without it.
I'm one of those that can't wear relaxers and I don't like wearing natural styles 100% of the time.

My stylist charges too much, in my opinion, but overall I'm very pleased with the treatment.

In comparison to what the reviewer above stated, I never smell any fumes and the treatment wears off (on my hair) about every 8 to 9 weeks. I really does an awesome job at eliminating my frizz. I allowed the treatment to completely wear off and experienced no damage. No, it doesn't have harsh chems that I know. It contains amino acids which have done wonders for strengthening my fine strands. Again, I LOVE the treatment, but keep in mind that I can't wear a relaxer. Even if I could wear a relaxer, I might switch over to DE because it's a healthier option. My stylist does one pass with low heat and my hair still turns out great.

My hair swings, shines and looks like a brand new relaxer. It's a WIN! I haven't been able to wet set my hair with this treatment. That's the only bummer and the price it costs to get it done. My hair doesn't break as easily as it did before. This treatment adds great strength. No burning, no fumes. It wears off and doesn't have to grow out.

No, I don't get paid to make such comments and no, I don't have any pics. Sorry. This is my honest review.

Last edited:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
yodie, how much does your stylist charge for the treatment? Trying to see how cost effective it would be buy the product vs. going to the salon.

Dove56

I ordered this from Luxe Beauty supply and I FINALLY received my product today. I plan on doing a test spot soon. Here are the ingredients to the Design Essentials Strengthening Therapy Transitioning Mousse and the Design Essentials Silkening Spray:

Mousse:

Deionized water, polyquaternium-55, cocomidapropyl tremethyl ammonium, chloride and peg-8 dimethicone succinate, decyl glucoside, cetrimonium chloride, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, peg-75, lanolin, hydrolyzed wheat protein, panthenol, polysorbate 20, perfume/fragrance, dimethicone copolyol, citric acid.

Spray:

Water, cystin Bis-pg-propyl silanetriaol, polyquaternium 11, hydrolyzed vegetable protein pg-proyl silanetriol, silanetriol and panthenol, hydrolyzed silk, hydrolyzed wheat protein and hydrolyzed wheat starch, dimethicone copolyol, cetyl treithylmonium olivate dimethicone peg-8 succinate, fragrance, methcholroisothiazolinone and methyllisthiazolinone.

chanjune80

I have the treatment. I used it to transition my hair out of a relaxer. I just got the treatment for the 3rd time last week. I also cut off the remainder of my relaxed ends. Below are pics of my hair 3 days after I got it done. I am not sure about the fumes, I have never had that issue. I wouldn't get it done if there were fumes. Like yodie said there are no harsh chemicals. I get the treatment done to help me with my detangling. For me the treatment lasts longer than 12 weeks, but it does wear off little by little over time. I LOVE the treatment and definitely recommend it.

Attachments

• photo (9).JPG
    photo (9).JPG
    273 KB · Views: 292
  • photo (10).JPG
    photo (10).JPG
    289 KB · Views: 258

Dove56

I have the treatment. I used it to transition my hair out of a relaxer. I just got the treatment for the 3rd time last week. I also cut off the remainder of my relaxed ends. Below are pics of my hair 3 days after I got it done. I am not sure about the fumes, I have never had that issue. I wouldn't get it done if there were fumes. Like yodie said there are no harsh chemicals. I get the treatment done to help me with my detangling. For me the treatment lasts longer than 12 weeks, but it does wear off little by little over time. I LOVE the treatment and definitely recommend it.

Beautiful! :yep:

disgtgyal

My question is can I use either of the mouse as a means of stretching my relaxer or once I apply the mouse I can no longer use a relaxer prior to the treatment wearing off completely without causing breakage

Shelew

I started going to the salon and getting silkening spray. I loved that. I did this for three weeks. I am relaxed. But this past week I had the transitioning mousse done because I am going to try to transition. I LOVE it. My hair has never felt better and I have gotten the breakage under control. It is growing in much better without the breakage, it's shiny, swingy. I had been trying to bun however I was unsuccessful with that regimen and heard about this through YouTube. Design essential has detailed videos. Boy I sound like I work for them but nope. It just really worked well on my hair. I will update if anything goes bad with the transitioning mouse but so far it's great!!

disgtgyal

I started going to the salon and getting silkening spray. I loved that. I did this for three weeks. I am relaxed. But this past week I had the transitioning mousse done because I am going to try to transition. I LOVE it. My hair has never felt better and I have gotten the breakage under control. It is growing in much better without the breakage, it's shiny, swingy. I had been trying to bun however I was unsuccessful with that regimen and heard about this through YouTube. Design essential has detailed videos. Boy I sound like I work for them but nope. It just really worked well on my hair. I will update if anything goes bad with the transitioning mouse but so far it's great!!

How many wks post are you?

DominicanBrazilian82

Ok... So I just spent the last hour researching this system! Thanks a lot ladies :rolleyes: I'm interested in the silkening spray since I am relaxed and plan to stay relaxed; however, if its not chemical based, why can't those seeking a frizz-free relaxed head of hair also use the mousse? I really want to use that mousse. Miami humidity ain't no joke!

Last edited: