Where can I find coconut oil in NYC?

Bronxcutie

I am in desperate need of a hot oil treatment because this NYC weather is killing my hair! I know a lot of people rave about coconut oil. I am just not sure where to find it. I work on the Upper West Side and live in the Bronx. I don't think GNC carries it. Any ideas?

Jaelin

You can get coconut oil at whole foods. I get it from the main store at 24th street and 7th ave or the one at 14th street union square.

The oil will appear solid but will melt when it warms up. I cook with it and use it in my hair.

guyanesesista

Yes those places should definitely have it but if you can't go to Manhattan at some point to buy any you can always check out the west indian grocery stores. I know there's one at the corner of Boston road and Seymour Ave. OOOOO and right across the street there's a good BSS. They a whole bunch of stuff in there and they're not expensive. I buy my JBCO from them. I've seen some very unlikely stuff in there that have been talked about here.

nitavcc

the West Indian stores for sure, but for those of us who are new yorkers, we know that many of those stores are owned by koreans...

SOOOOO,

If you see a fruit stand store somewhere in the "boogie down" Bronx, they probably have coconut oil up in there..

Just ask..... Im almost sure they do.. Its a staple in most Caribbean neighborhoods, whether it be the Spanish or English speaking Caribbean..

ladycage

in the bronx all the beauty supply stories on 3rd Ave have hair oils and coconut oil, they have many dominican type oils for the hair. They are about $2.00, try the BSS on Fordham road also they have oils.

Princess Tam Tam

For one of my hot oil treatments I use Organix Self Heating Coconut Oil mixed with Vatika oil.

I got my Vatika Oil at Dual Specialty Store on 1st Avenue between 5th and 6th . It was 5. 75.

Also, I was shopping at Pathmark at Atlantic Center Mall and found a 4 oz Coconut oil for 1.99.