Dark And Lovely Au Naturale "anti shrinkage" Hair line

Napp

Ms. Nobody

Has anyone else seen this line? I saw them putting up a sign on my bss about them.

I have to say they really seem to be up on the hair trends with the "anti shirnkage" bit.:yep:

I think it is really cool that they are "listening" but when it comes down to it, do the products deliver?

It includes:
hydrating soak shampoo
knot out conditioner
curl defining creme glaze
coil moisturizing souffle
shine sealing nectar
10 in 1 styling gelee

any thoughts?

Channy31

interesting.. what do they mean by 'anti shrinkage'
Seeing big companies like this changing to products suited for naturals really shows that naturals have come a long way!

lovegymnasts

My two cents:
marketing scheme
The only product that is anti-shrinkage is one that is going to straighten your hair and/or loosen your curls a lot. No conditioner is going to do that unless it is one that does it permanently or requires a lot of heat.
Side note: I don't buy into the natural relaxers people subscribe to that use yogurt. I've watched numerous videos and do not see a difference except deep conditioned hair.

BeautyGoesDutch

Dark and Lovely Au Naturale Coil Moisturizing Souffle
Ingredients: Water, cetearyl alcohol, cetyl esters, glycerin, amodimethicone, behentrimonium chloride, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, isopropyl alcohol, mangifera indica seed oil/mango seed oil, trideceth-6, cetrimonium chloride, benzyl salicylate, methylisothiazolinone, linalool, benzyl alcohol, limonene, CI 19140/yellow 5, CI 15985/yellow 6, geraniol, bambusa vulgaris sap extract.

Dark and Lovely Au Naturale Sheen Sealing Nectar
Ingredients: Isopropyl myristate, helianthus annuus seed oil/sunflower seed oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, prunus armeniaca kernel oil/apricot kernel oil, dicaprylyl ether, isopropyl isostearate, parfum/fragrance, mangifera indica seed oil/mango seed oil, benzyl salicylate, linalool, benzyl alcohol, limonene, geraniol, bambusa vulgars extract.

MsSanz92

I saw these products in the BSS the other day. Isopropyl Alcohol and sulfates in natural hair products?? Nah I'll past.

Ogoma

I saw these products in the BSS the other day. Isopropyl Alcohol and sulfates in natural hair products?? Nah I'll past.

I don't think those are necessarily bad (Tresemme Naturals has isopropyl alcohol in it), but I am concerned how far up the ingredient list this is. Before the mango seed oil?? I would have expected to see it at the bottom of the ingredient list.

MsSanz92

I don't think those are necessarily bad (Tresemme Naturals has isopropyl alcohol in it), but I am concerned how far up the ingredient list this is. Before the mango seed oil?? I would have expected to see it at the bottom of the ingredient list.

They reformulated it and removed the alcohol. These ingredients don't necessarily make a product bad but knowing that many women with natural hair usually do not want those ingredients in their products, why create products with it?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Ingredients: Water, cetearyl alcohol, cetyl esters, glycerin, amodimethicone, behentrimonium chloride, parfum/fragrance, phenoxyethanol, isopropyl alcohol, mangifera indica seed oil/mango seed oil, trideceth-6, cetrimonium chloride, benzyl salicylate, methylisothiazolinone, linalool, benzyl alcohol, limonene, CI 19140/yellow 5, CI 15985/yellow 6, geraniol, bambusa vulgaris sap extract.

Ingredients: Isopropyl myristate, helianthus annuus seed oil/sunflower seed oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, prunus armeniaca kernel oil/apricot kernel oil, dicaprylyl ether, isopropyl isostearate, parfum/fragrance, mangifera indica seed oil/mango seed oil, benzyl salicylate, linalool, benzyl alcohol, limonene, geraniol, bambusa vulgars extract.

Oh, they obviously don't want any well-informed naturals using this line with that isopropyl alcohol in the ingredient list, and within the first 10 ingredients too. :nono: I would also go in on them about having a cone as the 5th ingredient, but ammodimethicone is one of the more innocuous cones.

*Frisky*

The pink one has pretty much the exact same ingredients as Let's Jam Custard. Same color and consistency as well. I don't understand why these companies that make multiple hair product lines do this dumb mess.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
The pink one has pretty much the exact same ingredients as Let's Jam Custard. Same color and consistency as well. I don't understand why these companies that make multiple hair product lines do this dumb mess.

It's because the average consumer won't know. They put a different label on it and market it differently and bam, they've got a whole new market for no additional product development costs. Pantene is super notorious for this. They used to have like 12 differently named conditioners that were all the same stuff.

miss cosmic

I wouldnt buy it simply because D&L uses girls w weave to market relaxer - at least here, anyway. I will never buy anything from softsheen-carson.
Co-signing tresseme naturals :yep:, even if the line does contain sulfates.
After pre-pooing w grapeseed oil, then shampoo and conditioning my hair is uber soft and dries soft.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Slll mini using LHCF

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
dang - should have come in here first. I bought something from this line - can't remember what - I was waiting for my beemine order. It wasn't bad, wasn't good. I was underwhelmed.

BostonMaria

It's because the average consumer won't know. They put a different label on it and market it differently and bam, they've got a whole new market for no additional product development costs. Pantene is super notorious for this. They used to have like 12 differently named conditioners that were all the same stuff.

These companies are trying to be slick, but they're hoping we're not educated consumers. I saw a similar product on Pantene's FB news feed and there were lots of complaints from black women saying this is the same product but in a different bottle. I most likely will not purchase.

Cruzankink

This is another ploy by mega hair product companies to make money off of sh**ty a$$ products. Instead of taking a clue from companies like Shea Moisture that sell all natural products w/ organic ingredients at reasonable prices. Their products include ingredients that suffocate ethnic hair already prone to dryness. This line is a "H*ll No" for me.

SunRai Naturals

They don't know their customer. If they did they would know that a good number of naturals read the ingredient list and the ingredients that are in that bottle (including the order) matter. I feel like it is the same old marketing ploy- "Anti-Shrinkage", "Super-gro", etc... Maybe I'm biased but I feel like they really don't care about having quality products they are just jumping in and trying to make a quick buck. I'd rather spend my dollars elsewhere.

cami88

I will not be purchasing. Like others have mentioned, it's the same old products with "natural" slapped on the label. Fortunately, and unfortunately, big companies have jumped on the natural hair bandwagon. I would be glad that there are so many products now that cater to naturals were it not for stunts like this. The big companies putting out these products don't have anything new or innovative to offer in the way of natural hair products--the companies who do make products that naturals want to use have been doing so all along, long before it was "trendy".

There are some other "traditional" companies that are now trying to sell natural hair products....I think Cantu might be one? I will stick with Shea Moisture and the stuff I make at home.

Kilacurlz

I just threw away a coupon for this line yesterday and then I saw this today. Just not at all interested in d & l products.