Attention all Type 3 Ladies....

EXSQUISIT

I was wondering if any of you can list the products that give you the best results for this hair type. I have found some products that I like, but nothing that makes me want to stop looking yet. I'm looking for a shampoo and conditioner thats very moisturizing and works well at detangling. Any input would be very appreciated

Current shampoos:
motions lavish
creme of nature

conditioners
smooth and sleek
motions nourish in
infusium 23

sweetcocoa

Elucence works for me....the shampoo and conditioner work very well together. I use the 'moisture balancing' line. I have very dry hair and this makes my hair soft. I had switched to Elasta QP... but I'm back with Elucence. I can tell the difference now that I'm back from a 4 month break
of not using it.

Lindy

I like the Elucence shampoo, the smell is heavenly and it leaves my hair very soft; I also love the Lanza Protein Plus, which I consider as "stronger". Those are my staple shampoos. Once in a while I'll switch up just for variety but for the most part, I use those two.

I haven't found my staple conditioner yet. The only one so far that I've been really impressed with is the Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner. Great slip, and for some reason, I don't get slip with many conditioners.

As for leave-ins, I like John Frieda Relax Serum for detangling (although I've also used other serums with success) and I love Nexxus Headdress. I also use Motions Nourish leave-in sometimes but don't ask me why, cuz it doesn't help me that much with detangling!!
I like it when doing twist-outs; it seems to give my hair lots of movement and volume.

HTH

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
CurlyCrly said:
Lindy, have you used any of the other Relax products by JF? I was thinking about trying that line.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Curlycrly, I haven't; sorry... try doing a search, but I think that I remember hearing that they aren't anything special.

inthepink

My choices are:

Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo
Nature's Gate Chamomile and Lemon Verbana (very clean)
L'Oreal's Nature's Therapy Unfrizz Shampoo

Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
Suave Humectress
Pantene Hydrating Curls
Aussie Moist (good but the smell isn't)

T

Tee

BreakThru Shampoo
Pureology Hydrate Shampoo
Cream of Nature Professional Shampoo
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
Nexxus Y Serum Conditioner
LUST

shinyblackhair

I'm type 3c also. I like the Kenra Moisturizing shampoo and conditioner as well. They feel so good going on the hair and leave hair detangled. I deep condition using either of the following: LeKair Cholesteral, QH Cholesteral, Loreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture. I also use Aphogee 2 min reconstructer, but am in the market for something a bit stronger. I will probably try Nexxus Keraphix or Emergency.

sterry

I have great if not wonderfull success using these products in my daughter's hair.

Breakthru Shampoo by Soft Sheen Carson.

Light Conditioning. I use my method call "TCP" Two Conditioning Punch.
First I will use Optimum Stay Strong Conditioner for 5 mins.
Then follow up with John Freid's Glistening Creme for Coarse hair. (think it is step three/blue bottle) leave on hair for 10 mins. I don't know about the rest of these ladies, but this conditioner is EXCELLENT for defrizzing, softening and detangling.
Deep Conditioning. Every week I will use Regis Hydrating Balm. WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL. Adds moisture, detangles, softens, smoothes and nourishes.
I will then follow up with John Fried's Glistening Creme for just 3 mins.

Blot hair with satin slip. Apply Africa's Best Ultimate oil with extra jojoba and avocado oil and spray with Alberto VO5 Hair therapy leave in. Allow to dry until slightly damp.
Pull hair straight back and then apply none catching rubberbands down the length of her ponytail. I use anywhere form 12-14 rubberbands about an inch apart. Wrap ponytail only with a silk scarf and allow to dry the next day completly. She has soft silky wavy hair. If I continue this method until her washing her hair is straight by then. I do spritz hair slightly each night before doing this with water and Africa's Best Ulimate oil mixed with a smidge of jojoba in a spray bottle.