Lithium Hydroxide Relaxers??

AtlantaJJ

What's the skinny on this, I've only read about Sodium or Calcuim. I have't seen anyone posting about this recently. I did a search couldn't find anything of great substance...

Does anyone have the skinny on this?

balisi

Lithium hydroxide is basically another form of no-lye relaxer, such as guanadine, calcium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, etc.

Last edited:

tnorenberg

These are what you hear about the "Thermal" straighteneng systems or Japanese hair straighteing systems. I loved the one I had. I had the Bio Ionic(BI) and lived by it for 4 years. Unfortunately I had a Hair Hater for a stylist and she figured she could make more money off of me if she screwed up my hair. The Bio Ionic was great it lasted for (me) about 6 months, but I paid in between $300 to $500 each time they did it. It sounds expensive but it adds up to what I would have paid over the same period of time for a normal relaxer. Supposedly it is more gentle on the hair than regular relaxers. The process takes about 3 to 4 hours. They wash the hair first then apply the BI then wash it out. Then they dry and flat iron the hair (thus the thermal reconditioning). Then they wash it again and put in something and dry and flat iron it again. My hair felt so good and had so much movement. When ever it got wet it always stayed and dried back bone straight. I had shoulder length hair. Then I played with getting some extensions by Great Lengths which cost about $1000 to do. They looked great at BSL and were fun, but when I had about 6 months of new growth this woman said that I could touch up my hair with a regular relaxer just to relax the new growth. ...WRONG :mad: . You cannot mix a thermal relaxer with a regular relaxer and she knows this as a professional hairdresser doing the BI for over 5 years. My hair and extensions melted out of my hair. I was furious. She figures I would just spend more money and get the extensions until my hair grew out. Needless to say, that's when I found and tuned in to the LHCF for help. I'm on the road to recovery.

AtlantaJJ

Thio Perms & Jacked up Stylists

Golly Girl, I think a felony would have happened if it were me!! I ended up at the LHCF board because I jacked my own head up! You can sue her you know! I would take her tail to small claims so fast, what she did was criminal!!

How is your hair now, what are you doing with it?

tnorenberg said:
These are what you hear about the "Thermal" straighteneng systems or Japanese hair straighteing systems. I loved the one I had. I had the Bio Ionic(BI) and lived by it for 4 years. Unfortunately I had a Hair Hater for a stylist and she figured she could make more money off of me if she screwed up my hair. The Bio Ionic was great it lasted for (me) about 6 months, but I paid in between $300 to $500 each time they did it. It sounds expensive but it adds up to what I would have paid over the same period of time for a normal relaxer. Supposedly it is more gentle on the hair than regular relaxers. The process takes about 3 to 4 hours. They wash the hair first then apply the BI then wash it out. Then they dry and flat iron the hair (thus the thermal reconditioning). Then they wash it again and put in something and dry and flat iron it again. My hair felt so good and had so much movement. When ever it got wet it always stayed and dried back bone straight. I had shoulder length hair. Then I played with getting some extensions by Great Lengths which cost about $1000 to do. They looked great at BSL and were fun, but when I had about 6 months of new growth this woman said that I could touch up my hair with a regular relaxer just to relax the new growth. ...WRONG :mad: . You cannot mix a thermal relaxer with a regular relaxer and she knows this as a professional hairdresser doing the BI for over 5 years. My hair and extensions melted out of my hair. I was furious. She figures I would just spend more money and get the extensions until my hair grew out. Needless to say, that's when I found and tuned in to the LHCF for help. I'm on the road to recovery.

gentle treatment,cantu shea butter no mix, optimum multi mineral, vitlae pro tender headed relaxer and essations contain lithium hydroxide

most no lye texturizer kits contain lithium hydroxide also

i haven't used any of these relaxers/texturizers before so i can't give any feed back on them

Last edited:

tnorenberg

Well, my hair is short but I can curl it. I contemplated going natural, but I couldn't stand going through the fuzzies.:eek: It feels healthy, I just need it to grow.:(

Ms Lala

tnorenberg said:
, but when I had about 6 months of new growth this woman said that I could touch up my hair with a regular relaxer just to relax the new growth. ...WRONG :mad: . You cannot mix a thermal relaxer with a regular relaxer and she knows this as a professional hairdresser doing the BI for over 5 years. My hair and extensions melted out of my hair. I was furious. She figures I would just spend more money and get the extensions until my hair grew out. Needless to say, that's when I found and tuned in to the LHCF for help. I'm on the road to recovery.

This is horrrible. I would have been ready to hurt that woman.

tnorenberg

I was just in shock and disbelief. She was so appologetic so I figured she really didn't mean it. Then after I went back for me "free" deep conditionings she kept hitting me up for getting extensions while it grew our. Then I thought... you little %@#$%^!!!