Spinny: Does pubic hair and scalp hair have the same growth rate?

Ogoma

I am curious to know if it does. I wax my pubic hairs so it will be an easy way to know my actual growth rate and figure out how much I am retaining.

My last wax appointment was June 9 (don't judge!) and I measured my pubic hairs :)look:) last night and it was 1.15 inches. If this is the same growth rate for my hair, it would be consistent with the average and also mean I am retaining about 75-80%. I am okay with retention rate, I just want to know for sure.

Lilmama1011

Ogoma said:
I am curious to know if it does. I wax my pubic hairs so it will be an easy way to know my actual growth rate and figure out how much I am retaining.

My last wax appointment was June 9 (don't judge!) and I measured my pubic hairs :)look:) last night and it was 1.15 inches. If this is the same growth rate for my hair, it would be consistent with the average and also mean I am retaining about 75-80%. I am okay with retention rate, I just want to know for sure.

Lol, I'm sorry but this is funny. You actually measured you pubes?

KurlyNinja

I dont know if they have the same growth rate, but I sure do know my pubes have better retention. And its not like I be wearing silk panties or anything so I dont understand at all. :look:

lesedi

All is well with me
No, those pubes get no moisturization, no trims, no DC'in, ain't nobody henna-ing and that **** just keeps on keeping on
:lachen:
The growth rate is faster I think, but the growth span is very short.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
OT: When I was a kid, I used to put conditioner on my pubes, cause I thought they were too rough. Don't ask me why I thought they needed to be silky soft... :look::lachen:

I usually save this idiocy for the Off Topic threads...

lesedi

All is well with me
OT: When I was a kid, I used to put conditioner on my pubes, cause I thought they were too rough. Don't ask me why I thought they needed to be silky soft... :look::lachen:

Gyal, you were FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSS:lachen:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
No, pubic hair grows faster in order to protect that area of your body. Think about your underarms... that hair grows significantly faster than the hair on your head. It is a different type of hair and follicle with a shorter growth cycle.

koolkittychick

NappyNelle is right; you are comparing apples to oranges. Your pubic hair is on an entirely different (i.e., much shorter) growth cycle than the hair on your scalp, because it is serving a different purpose than the hair on your head. If you never shaved/trimmed/waxed that part of your body, the hair would never get longer than 1 or 2 inched before it stopped growing and shed, therefore you cannot compare it's growth rate to the hair on your scalp, which is programmed to have a much longer growth cycle. Same thing with your eyebrows/eyelashes/hair on legs/etc. Even though it's the same stuff (and may even be the same texture) It is programmed to grow differently depending on where it is on your body. That is why (among other things) doctors don't use hair follicles from other parts of your body like your pubes for hair transplants; the hair would not behave like scalp hair and would not produce a desirable effect, to say the least. :yep:

sckri23

lesedi said:
No, those pubes get no moisturization, no trims, no DC'in, ain't nobody henna-ing and that **** just keeps on keeping on

MrsJaiDiva said:

It does not grow the same speed trust me if my hair grew like my pubes I might be WL already, I also put conditioner on my pubes for softness, it was a sensual reason though lol.

I also tried flatironing it to see how long it was......that was a waste of heat it didnt get straight at all

Lilmama1011

sckri23 said:
It does not grow the same speed trust me if my hair grew like my pubes I might be WL already, I also put conditioner on my pubes for softness, it was a sensual reason though lol.

I also tried flatironing it to see how long it was......that was a waste of heat it didnt get straight at all

You joking right?! Lol

sckri23

Lilmama1011 said:
You joking right?! Lol

No I had just started my hhj and I wanted to see how long my pubes were compared to the shortest part of my hair (nape) it didnt work lol

Ogoma

Thank you all for an informative and hilarious thread.

I guess I need to figure out how to measure growth on my scalp. I thought I had found an easy way. Now I know they are useless (to me anyway), I don't feel bad they are off to waxing heaven on Monday.

Anavrin

Excuse me but....

I WISH my hair grew as fast as my pubes!!!!! Id have dat long flowing mane in less than a month!! :lol::lol::lol:

Anavrin

You got me thinkin...

What if someone had a routine for the hair down there.

"mmhmm yeah gurl I shampoo once a week with Selsun Blue to get rid of the dandruff and DC with Vo5 Moisture Milks to put some moisture in the 'scalp' and I do Search and Destroys on my splits and ssks bi weekly..."

:spinning: