How do you use up your unwanted product?

LexaKing

I've heard some really good advice on using up and revamping bad or unwanted products for example, using conditioners as shaving cream and shampoo to clean brushes, but what else can be done? I have a hard time throwing away products I paid money for and would love to hear any ideas on how to revamp them. Thanks in advance !

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Shampoo I use as body wash...conditioners I become VERY heavy handed with my dry DC, that usually helps me along:yep:

SimJam

I use conditioners I dont like for detangling, henna glosses and washing out henna

shampoos and conditioners I really hate go to the dogs (I can start using for shaving cream now too ... thanks for the tip)

oils and oily/buttery products I will use as hand cream/lotion

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Conditioners I don't like can get put in a spray bottle with water and whatever else to make a detangler. Also old conditioners I use for shaving or slathering on to detangle dry hair.

Oils- pre-pooing, shaving, body oil, oil rinsing.

Butters or buttery blends double as body butters.

Can't wait to hear some more uses for things. I have some stuff to use up.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Conditioners I don't like can get put in a spray bottle with water and whatever else to make a detangler. Also old conditioners I use for shaving or slathering on to detangle dry hair.

Oils- pre-pooing, shaving, body oil, oil rinsing.

Butters or buttery blends double as body butters.

Can't wait to hear some more uses for things. I have some stuff to use up.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

The same as Pokahontas except I condition dh's hair with unwanted conditioners.

QBOE2001

Butters - i use a small amount in place of armor all on my car dash and along the rubber seals around the windows and sunroof (this cuts down on wind noise in the vehicle - this was suggested to me by the service guy at bmw who recommended that I do this twice a year). I also mix butters with sugar to create a dry scrub for my feet, elbows and knees or I will just use them in place of lotion.

Carrier oils - I use them to dilute fragrance oils that I burn in burners around the house, this usually extends the life of the oils by about 20%. I will also use them in pre-poo treatments and add them to the water i use for pedicures and manicures to soften my cuticles.

Essential oils - I add them to my liquid incense burners and on dried flower arrangements

Shampoo - i've washed the car with cheapies, and they are really good for cleaning the oven racks and window blinds. I've also diluted them and used them to clean my makeup brushes and the sinks. Works great as body washes or for the cleaning the dog.

Conditioner - I dilute with distilled water and glycerin and use as a leave-in in the summer or i add oil and use as a pre-poo year round. If i really hate it I use it on the dog.

Silcone serums - I use it to seal the granite surround around my fireplace and bathroom counters in between normal sealing intervals (don't do this on surfaces that food is prepared upon though).

Hairspray - use as a part of a pre-treatment to keep stains in clothing from setting (doesn't work for everything but helps with stuff like ketchup and mustard).

That's about it I think, but if I remember more i'll edit this post.

Hope this helps you some.

westNDNbeauty

I create a super duper conditioner with oils and conditioners that dont work best on their own.

Melt butters down and add to the conditioners too.

Thats about it.

lux10023

conditioners/shampoos that i dont have use for--i use on weave hair or lf...
or i also wash my hairbonnet/scarf with them..so they can caputre the smell..

now if its an expensive product that i dont want to waste--i will mix with an expensive oil or ingredient that i think will make it work better

there are some old products that i will just throw away--aint nothing worse than using some old *** product that has expired and causing havoc on your hair so sometimes throwing them away is about safetly and healthy hair