Roller Set; Setting Lotion

SNyeema

Hey folks,
Quick question. I like to roller set my hair, and have actually become quite good at it seeing how short it is. But I need to find a "good" product to use as a setting lotion/mousse. Nothing that will make my hair crunchy. Any suggestions? TIA and HHG.

-- Ny

sprungonhairboards

I love lotta body. My hair comes out shiny and really bouncy and swingy and not crunchy at all. I always flat iron after my roller sets and it's still super bouncy afterwards. I put it in a spray bottle and dilute it ALOT, about 1 part lotta body to 3 parts water.

dlewis

sprungonhairboards said:
I love lotta body. My hair comes out shiny and really bouncy and swingy and not crunchy at all. I always flat iron after my roller sets and it's still super bouncy afterwards. I put it in a spray bottle and dilute it ALOT, about 1 part lotta body to 3 parts water.

this is good

SNyeema

sprungonhairboards said:

Thanks so much for your reply. I was starting to worry. All these rollersetters and no one was responding. LOL. I've used that before but I don't think I diluted it enough (thus the crunchiness). I don't comb my rollersets out all the time (for a roller-wrap). I normally keep it curly. Thanks again for the tip. More water!!

miracle

I have found that using a Leave-In Conditioner as my setting agent works better than using an actual "setting lotion/mousse". I :love: Razac Leave-In Conditioner, and I never have the crunchies that sometimes come with lotions. My rollersets are always soft, shiny and bouncy.

jnicole

I use water mixed with a little conditioner and a little Keracare setting lotion. My rollersets always come out soft and bouncy.

lexi08

jnicole said:
I use water mixed with a little conditioner and a little Keracare setting lotion. My rollersets always come out soft and bouncy.

What is the ratio of water:conditioner:setting lotion you use. I have the Keracare setting lotion and I would like to re-visit this product.

jnicole

nikki1971 said:
What is the ratio of water:conditioner:setting lotion you use. I have the Keracare setting lotion and I would like to re-visit this product.

I just used a small spray bottle filled maybe 3/4 with water and add a couple of generous squirts of both product. I just test it by squirting a little on my fingers and adding product or water until it has the "feel" that I want. I want it kind of slippery but not too much where it would weigh my hair down or make it crunchy. You definitely want mostly water.

Cleve_gryl

Leave in works best for me too. I used to use Pantene Relaxed & Natural setting lotion faithfully, but if I can omit just one product from my reg then cool!

MiWay

I usually put Salerm in right after I wash. I fill my spray bottle with about 3 parts water, 1 part Lacio Lacio and about a teaspoon of castor oil. The castor oil seems to do something for the color/shine, and the curls come out nice and bouncy.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I am starting to believe that setting lotion isn't really necessary. Last night I used Cantu Breakthorough leave in, coconut oil, and a little creamy leavein and set my hair and I have a nice set today. I truly forgot about my setting agent ( which is ORS Olive Oil Wrap and Set Form) until I read this thread.