Generic curlformers

afrofaithful

Have any of you tried these? Are they as good as the name brand ones? I see they're significantly cheaper on eBay and would like to purchase...thanks!

Fhrizzball

I use them and like them. I have an extra long and extra wide set and an extra long and narrow set. The latter one takes a bit to warm up to as they're so narrow but once I got it in motion it was pretty good and since they're so long they'll last practically forever. The extra wide pair no regrets either though I had to order more in order to use on my whole head. I really enjoy that they're so cheap and can't imagine going back to curlformers.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I have a set of extra wide generic and a set of wide extra long of the real ones. I used to also have a set of extra long and narrow generic that I gave to my sister because I like the wider ones best.

There is no difference between the real and generic if you buy the generic from a reputable seller. I will say, however, that i prefer the real curlformer sticks to the generic; but you can buy those separate. The generic stick comes apart too easy for my taste. I think a stick is $4 at Sally's. They may be cheaper online.

Angel of the North

I saw these on a group buying website but wasn't sure if they were any good, they were about a quarter of the price of the original curl formers :ohwell:. I hope that deal comes round again.