Best Smelling Coconut Oil (Aside from Monoi)

tryn2growmyhair

I am looking for a coconut oil that smells like coconut. A lot of the coconut oils that I have tried smell a little bit like coconut, but they also smell a little burnt. I used Parachute coconut oil this morning and it smelled terrible, like burnt coconut. Does anyone have advice about brands that smell really nice?

Neroli

High quality 100% pure unrefined cold-pressed coconut nut will not have a noticeable fragrance, if it does, then its not "pure" and something else has been added. Coconut oil, the real thing, just doesn't have a strong smell.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
Gurl, I had the same question when I started and I had bought the exact same nasty burnt smelling coconut oil. :lachen: I tried to find the thread but it's aged off or something. A member recommended Virgin Oil de Coco-Crème. It smells great. You can get it at natureswildchild.com.

Iansan

I purchased coconut oil from Puritans Pride. It smells just like fresh coconut. They are having a buy one get two free sale.

baglady215

If it's "unrefined", it does not have a strong smell. My coconut oil from VitaminShoppe has a very, very slight fragrance.

Divastate

The virgin coconut oil is what typically has the nice coconut smell. The best (most intense) smelling one I've used so far was this Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. The next best smell was a Nutiva Extra Virgin Coconut oil which I found at Whole Foods followed by the Virgin Oil de Coco-Crème from Nature's Wild Child

I loooove the scent of coconut so the stronger the scent the better. If you find a good one please let me know.

Dolapo said:
I use one that i got from walmart. it's actually used for cooking. Is tha okay?

Yes that is a refined coconut oil with no scent and it is just fine to use.

katie

I have unrefined coconut oil and it has very little scent.Coconuts don't have any smell to me at all either.

tryn2growmyhair

Thanks so much for all of your responses ladies. I used an extra-virgin coconut oil that was fairly expensive the first time. The coconut oil smell eventually went away and was replaced by a slightly burnt smell so I decided not to buy it again. I also have Spectrum Naturals Organic coconut oil and that does not smell very much at all. I much prefer that to the Parachute brand, which smells burnt. I have Monoi Tiare and that does smell good but I wanted something that actually smells like coconut oil. Thanks for all of your suggestions. I look forward to more of them.

Last edited:

tryn2growmyhair

baglady215 said:
Thanks to all of you who recommended Puritan's Pride. I bought it because it was one of the cheapest. I don't believe in spending about $15 on coconut oil if I don't have to. With the 78% off, it came to less than $5. They tell me that they run out of it from time to time and as soon as I smelled it, I could tell why. It smells heavenly! :angel: