What do you do after you take out your braids?

BobbieDoll

I'm taking my cornrows out on Friday and would like to know what you all do after you take yours out as far as detangling and other things. I usually get a relaxer after I take out my braids but I'm think about transitioning and I don't want to do that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Lucia

use cond/detangling balme (biolage baume demelmant) good 1, after washing , wide tooth comb from tips to roots, med-small sections. then deep condtion under steamer or heat cap.

BobbieDoll

Thanks for the responses. Do you all think a protein treatment is neccesary? Do you use anything special for detangling?

asummertyme

i think a protien treatment would be great..followed up with a moisturizing co.
i do a hot oil treatment, then a good wash followed up with a deep co.. and then a leave in...

Diane71

I just detangle, wash/deep condition my ends and rebraid. Sometimes I wash my braids with CON, take them out, detangle and rebraid it back up.

Guyaneek

I'm wearing braids now (like larger micros) and when I take them out I am going to prepoo w/EVOO, MTG & Jojoba, clarify, deep condition w/ emergencee and follow up w/ moisturizing cond. Is Miss Key 10 en 1 moisturizing? I'll probably baggie & phony pony for 2 weeks and then get cornrows.
HTH :grin:

Cinnabuns

I would wash my hair and scalp really good, follow with a light protein and then wear protective styles for about two more months then perm. :)

cocopuff

I take my braids out and Deep conditon or do a protein treatment and then use a moisturizing shampoo or a moisturizing conditioner if I use a protein tratment. I also use a leave-in conditoner/detangler afterwards.

Trea

1. Detangle w/large tooth comb
2. Shampoo - NEXXUS BOTANOIL (washed for 3 min.)
3. Reconstruct - AFFIRM 5n1 (left in hair for 30 min w/plastic cap)
4. Condition - ORS HAIR MAYONNAISE (left in for 1 hour w/foil cap)
5. Air Dry - 4 PLATTS
6. Spritzed - Sta Sof Fro
7. Bun - DONUT

I CO wash every other day...Oh yea, I'm currently 12 weeks post relaxer and the Sta Sof Fro is a HUGE help for stretching my relaxer..(Thanks to the LHCF ladies ;) , because I never would've thought of this on my own!)