How can i grow my hair really fast in 2 months

Alexandrea

Hi,Im new to the board and Im from the beautiful Islands of the Bahamas. When i first came on the board i was really motivated. So i decided i wanted to grow my hair as long as the people on this board.Can you grow ur hair on ur back in two months? if so please tell me.My hair is just above my shoulders, i Know hair dosent grow overnight but i would be really gratefull for any support and tips that anyone would give me.Thankyou so much!

iris

Hello Alexandrea. My name is Iris and I'm from the Big Apple, a.k.a. NYC /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Glad to have you with us. From what I understand, taking at least 3600mcg of biotin is supposed to help. Many of the women on this board take several supplements to achieve their desired results. As for me, I take a protein shake, msm, silica for shine, b5 for thickness, biotin and a b-complex for speed of growth, and a multi-vitamin for overral health. I hoped this has helped, and again, welcome to the forum /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

Iris

beawo

What I do everyday is make an infusion of dried rosemary, horsetail, and sage tea and drink it. I seems to be helping my hair grow. I also wash my hair daily. You should try also putting rosemary oil in your hair everynight then washing it out in the morning.
I found this tea recipe on a herbal site for hair growth, I am going to try it this week and hope that my hair grows faster its from this web site (http://www.alternative-beauty.com/article1035.html).

Here goes:
" Now, I won't guarantee that this tea will make you sprout hair as long and lush as Rapunzel's, but this mineral-rich brew is a delightful way to nourish your hair from the inside out. This recipe uses dried herbs and will yield 5 cups of tea.

1/2 teaspoon horsetail
1/2 teaspoon raspberry leaves
1/2 teaspoon oatstraw
1/2 teaspoon peppermint
1 teaspoon chamomile
1 teaspoon nettle
1 teaspoon alfalfa
5 cups boiling water, and Honey or lemon to taste (optional).

Add the herbs to the boiling water, then remove from heat immediately. Cover and steep for 5-10 minutes or for 4 hours for a super-nutritious infusion (recommended). Strain. Add honey or lemon to taste, if desired. Sip slowly and enjoy! If making by the cup, use 1 teaspoon of herbs per cup. Store remainder in a tightly sealed container away from light and heat for up to 6 months. It is safe to consume 5 cups of this brew daily. If this is your beverage of choice, you should see noticable improvement in your hair, skin, and nails within a few months of consistent consumption. "

Lucia

I use hair formula vitamins and biotin, msm, b-12, shen min, etc modified bargello's regime. Vitamins may help you get growth faster and thicker, but it still takes time.
hth

G

In 2 mo time, you should expect to get anywhere from 1 inch to 2 inches of hair, depending on how fast your hair grows. But be patient, none of the ladies on the board got hair going down their back over nite. Stick with the board, you'll learn so much about hair here.

Alexandrea

Thank you so much yall! Yall are so nice thanks for the hair tips Maybe later on i can give advice to new members.
PEACE

caramelbarbie

<font color="blue"> Thank you beawo for posting the tea recipe and the link. I cant wait to brows the page.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

andibel2

You stated that you wash your hair everyday. What drying method do you use? Do you wash in the morning or at night?

beawo

I wash it every morning to keep from getting knotting since my hair is really knot. The reason why I do that is because I think hair is like a plant it needs watering I mean we wash bodies everyday which has hair on it, why not our hair as well. However you have to ensure that you mositurize it everyday like your skin otherwise it will get dry. I just put my hair in a bun and dry it that way. I never leave my hair down and don't intend.

As Carmela said growing hair is all about patience, sometimes your will lose the battle for one day (getting a knot in your hair and ripping it out), but through patience you will eventually get to you hair goal. For example when I first started trying to grow up hair in Aug 2001, I cut my hair the same length to chin length. I remember trying to put it in a ponytail, and not having hair long enough. Well my hair is long now (for me anyway) its about 2 inches to bra strap. My aim is for waist length hair and I am hoping that my jan 2004 or even feb 2004 my hair will be that long. I want long healthy hair and I don't care how long it takes for me to reach my goal.

hairfanatic

Hi Alexandrea,

The beautiful Bahamas...that's great! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Hair only grows about a 1/2 inch per month. But you can try braids for two months to get faster length because you are not constantly manipulating and combing the hair.

Integrity

biotin really really boosts hair growth! i h´know some people take up to 8mg per day. but i think its more important to fix ur focus on having healthy hair first and the growth will follow. if length is ur focus (at least initially) u will find it hard to realise any change, and u might be unwilling to cut away splits just cos u wanna accumulate length. the results? longish unhealthy hair with split, uneven ends. hhhmmm, i need to listen to my own advice! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

A

AmilLion

That was my problem, wanting my hair to grow faster than what it grows. Hair growth depends on genetics and diet. Some people can experience .5" - 1.5" of new growth per month. My hair averages about 1" per month. You can try incorporating vitamins in your diet such as Biotin which "can" help. Not guranteed with everyone. Try eating healthier as well, exercising and just an overall change of lifestyle basically. If none of that helps, then it is genetics and you'll have to just accept how much your hair grows each month. Other than that, the only way would be a Weave or Braids for instant length, not to make your hair grow. Hair growth is internally, not externally. Hair is dead cells, just like finger nails.